Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Flying time is very small calculation to consider when deciding how many assets are required for a sustained conventional conflict over a LOC of roughly 740 km. Before asking me any more questions, how about you justify having only 5 heavy attack helos for ops long a 740 km LOC. Also in an current scenario of unconventional tit for tat, we don't use heavy attack helos to begin with. Heavy helos would only be used when there is a direct and vertical escalation, we aren't there yet. You seem to be shockingly unaware of IA's basic doctrine.

Tanks are not limited by availability of roads (you seriosuly need to read up where a tank can really go), they have these things called 'tracks' which allow them to go a lot of places where there aren't any roads :doh:

There are plenty of regions in and around the Indian subcontinent where a respectable tank battle can take place, as they have in the past. You also seem to shockingly limited in your thinking of where a skirmish or battle can take place. Tanks and APCs can be easily landed on a beach in Pak or any of Chinese controlled yet 'disputed' islands around South China Sea. Why do you think IN bought the INS Jalashwa or is in the process of buying 4 LPDs?

Just because a tank hasn't been used in war since 1971 doesn't make them useless in this day and age. The last time a SAM was fired to shoot down an aircraft was perhaps in the same time, the last time IAF shot down anything was in 1999, by your logic since we haven't used something for a while, might as well stop wasting money on fighters, SAMs, etc.:rofl:

As said, you are only making a worse fool of your self, stick to SF related topics. Strategy and general know how on military doctrine is not your thing.
Haha so you will airdrop tanks on Himalayan ranges where there are no roads?

And tell me more about the IA doctrine in LOC which says no attack helicopters can be used.

I am no expert but you lack even basic understanding of military stratergy.

You dont even know what LAC is like.Most of our posts dont even have roads and you want to airdrop tanks..your hallucination is laughable.

And tell me how many helicopters do you need for loc mr expert?Remeber i am talking about loc and heavy attack helos not mi 17.

I am not an expert but way better than someone claiming 5% of gdp to be spent on defence budget and who has no freaking idea what LAC looks like and where tanks can be used.

Pandeyji

Country flag
Haha so you will airdrop tanks on Himalayan ranges where there are no roads?

And tell me more about the IA doctrine in LOC which says no attack helicopters can be used.

I am no expert but you lack even basic understanding of military stratergy.

You dont even know what LAC is like.Most of our posts dont even have roads and you want to airdrop tanks..your hallucination is laughable.

And tell me how many helicopters do you need for loc mr expert?Remeber i am talking about loc and heavy attack helos not mi 17.

I am not an expert but way better than someone claiming 5% of gdp to be spent on defence budget and who has no freaking idea what LAC looks like and where tanks can be used.
The only thing right in your whole post is that you aren't an expert.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Even if these self claimed experts read even the shitiest newspaper of India TOI regularly and througly they would have known by now that only 2 places on the LAC the tanks are deployed.

And out of the 2 places one place where the tank is deployed has a temperature of -45 degree.

The deployment there is of a brigade strength and the Army was checking the feasibility of deploying tanks there.

@Pandeyji too much knowledge for you but read it ten times.

Pandeyji

Country flag
Haha so are you.

And come up with an answer to whats wrong with my assesment rather than trying to troll me.

I am not bothered by trolls like you.
I think you should see this
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...=zJYAnohkKdw&usg=AOvVaw2hfq69BTMJEAW95D0_e4pU

It may open your eyes about that 5-8 helis are enough claim.
  • Your points about flight times are amateurish at best b/c the helis have to do more than going from point A to B. They also have to provide cover fire to ground troops. Besides this they also sometimes serve as recon (& I said sometimes).
  • I also hope that you know that attack helis or gunships seldom fly alone, they usually go in pairs atleast ( again usually).
  • As if that isn't enough; there is the small incovenient fact that helis are in the risk of MANPADS & other small air defence (hell; even PshK is a credible AA gun on high mountainous terrain.)
But then again, I am talking to a guy who says that Tanks need roads ( Fun fact; Most of the roads, even the German autobahns would break up if tanks go on them continously).

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Either IAF is involved in current stand off using attack helicopters or stand off weapons from great hieghts and distance or Porki Army and airforce may end up doing something silly like they did in 1971 war when they pre emptively tried to strike northern air bases which gave India a reason to start war and put a blame on porkistan. A similar situation may happen now too. Get ready for some real action...
Current porki generals aren't that dumb as their predecessor during 1971. They won't start a war. Paki Coas doesn't give a shit about regulars troops getting killed. He gets money from CIA and Saudi for waging Jihad in Kashmir. It is working in both ways . First , their are hurting India and second his of shore account is credited with millions and what else he needs. They will keep this going. People over here thinks that killing some 200 jihadists and 150 rangers will make their fat generals upset. There you go wrong. They got huge population of Pakistan which is un-employed and are half zombies. And these people will bring them money from west. And why do you guys think they will start war and get their asses kicked?

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Did Pakistan Defence Minister scrambled their F-16s or JF-17s?
Last time he said that they would take down American drones.... :hmm:
Ever heard about this Paki general named Kayani. He got his ass kicked because he tried to do some stunts infront of CIA and Pentagon. Pakistan leaders are same. They give load lectures infront of TV cameras. As soon as they reach home the first thing they gonna do is to ring Washington and apologise. Damn man

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I think you should see this
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwji3IXouvDYAhXHYo8KHW46AdwQtwIIJjAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJYAnohkKdw&usg=AOvVaw2hfq69BTMJEAW95D0_e4pU

It may open your eyes about that 5-8 helis are enough claim.
  • Your points about flight times are amateurish at best b/c the helis have to do more than going from point A to B. They also have to provide cover fire to ground troops. Besides this they also sometimes serve as recon (& I said sometimes).
  • I also hope that you know that attack helis or gunships seldom fly alone, they usually go in pairs atleast ( again usually).
  • As if that isn't enough; there is the small incovenient fact that helis are in the risk of MANPADS & other small air defence (hell; even PshK is a credible AA gun on high mountainous terrain.)
But then again, I am talking to a guy who says that Tanks need roads ( Fun fact; Most of the roads, even the German autobahns would break up if tanks go on them continously).
Bhai sahab i am talking about heavy attack helos.There should be a different number for light helos.I did not say that the total number of helis should be 8.

First learn to read before trolling.

ANd i am from Jammu and Kashmir..the areas you are talking about have a climb gradient of more than 60 degrees.

First visit the places before using your google knowledge.

Koi bhi expert ban jata hein..na terrain ka pata he..na elevation pata hein..na climb gradient pata hein..chadha do tanks har jagah.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Seems like people don't even look at the Maps or bother to read Indo-Pak wars.

All the dreaded Tank wars happened exactly where we are pounding Pakistani ass today; at so called working boundaries that saw Tank wars.

Battle of Phillora, Chawinda, Operation Bison should be studied by members to understand why the so called terrain constrains can be be overcome to achieve desired victories using armoured thrust.

I am not trying to patronise any debate but requesting members to watch this AV to understand why lessons of 1965 are still relevant even today.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Let me expalin everyone having born in a area people claiming me to be wrong at.

The working border or the IB on Jammu is a plain area and not a mountain.

Akhnoor is the place the 1965 war was faught at and is a plain area.Some of my family members are from here.

But as you proceed from Akhnoor towards Rajouri Poonch which is the LOC and not the IB the mountain terrain starts.

This places is not suitable for tanks unless there are roads.The climb gradient is more than 60 degrees which tanks cannot manage.

A tank driver once told me that his unit took tanks to Poonch for action BY ROAD and nullahs and not by climbing the mountain.

The tanks would be very effective In Ladakh where there is a stretch of 100 kms plain terrain which can see action

OR

If tanks are taken by roads.

But the thing is that roads do not go to every posts.

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Country flag
All this nonsense about NASR is BS, Cold Start is an old doctrine which evolved into something else when Gen V.K singh came in.

Paki's think NASR is a detterent to any kind of war itself but that is not true. For some here to think NASR will prevent IA from choosing to fight on it's own terms of vertical escalation is stupidity. IA is fully prepared, there is no fear among the Strike Corps of the Puki NASR. Moreso, people here seem to think an all out conventional war today would somehow lead to Puki nukes falling into wrong hands etc. All their strategic sites are under constant 24/7 visual & eletronic observation, IA, IAF and IN along with Russian, US are on onboard with this monitoring process and these are prime targets for Tier-1 raids, deep strike bombing raids etc.
Spot on! The Paki military and so called experts think that the frikkin Nasr is a panacea for the so called CSD.

Well, as I've brought out some time ago in a post on another thread that has been lost in the labyrinths of DFI, here's how ineffective Pak's much hyped 'star wars weapon' would be for the benefit of those who aren't aware....

For a max 5kt warhead (max 5kt warhead on Nasr which is between 1 to 5 kt)

– Blast and fireball radius 500m or approx < 2 sq km

Integrated Combat Group frontage < > 10 km with two combat teams up. Depth < > 5 km. Total area covered approx 50 sq km.

How many nukes would be required to 'destroy' one CG? - 25.

Initial strike with 10 -15 combat groups simultaneously. Total area covered < > 500 sq km.

Minimum battlefield nukes needed to 'destroy' the CGs > 250 Nasrs! (Most A vehicles would be M-kills and thus repairable in situ).

That’s a hell of a lot of Nasrs required! Remember, all tanks and personnel carriers are protected from nuclear radiation. There will be no infantry out in the open. And then, most armored vehicles affected would be M-kills and not K-kills.

So, going a step further, 250x5 kt =1250 kt ie, equal to the yield of 65 Hiroshima atom bombs on Pakistani territory (as these will be employed only after the CGs have penetrated deep into Pakistan and would be used as a last resort!!) What would be left of Eastern Pakistan? It’s like cutting off your nose to spite your face! :tongue:

And do they have that many Nasrs? Highly doubtful. Have they been tried and tested? Nope! Will they work? Allah knows! And most of all, before they can fire off their second Nasr, the Pakis will have a whole lot of Indian-made mushroom clouds to contend with!!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
NASR is 'Tatti Rocket' that Paki trolls think will do wonders for them.

Anyone bringing in NASR is either chewing too much Pakistani propaganda or need to revisit the discussion where it was debunked in technical details.

NASR as Pakistanis claim is tactical nuke delivery system. LOL Just even typing 'Tactical Nukes' can make any analyst laugh.

Confucius: Do not revisit a matter that has been already settled (something like that).

Therefore I hate to repeat.

Leave alone India's response of maximum punitive nuclear strikes following any type of nuclear attack on its territory or forces; A rapidly, thrusting in, situationally aware IBGs plus main axis unknown to Pakistan we will have ample time to out maneuver any rocket artillery including NASR. For actual effect of any tactical nuke attack and more details look for @bennedose 's youtube video on this topic.

Kazah

ISLAMABAD: An army official appointed as a clerk at the Pakistani embassy in Austria some five months ago disappeared along with some sensitive documents, Dawn learnt from officials on Tuesday.

He was made an official in charge of some important and sensitive national affairs there, it stated, adding that “it was very important duty, besides sensitive for country’s sovereignty”.

“It is suspected that he might have become a tool in the hands of enemy of the country,” it stated.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1384889

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...m&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TOIWorldNews

pankaj nema

Country flag
NASR is 'Tatti Rocket' that Paki trolls think will do wonders for them.

Anyone bringing in NASR is either chewing too much Pakistani propaganda or need to revisit the discussion where it was debunked in technical details.

NASR as Pakistanis claim is tactical nuke delivery system. LOL Just even typing 'Tactical Nukes' can make any analyst laugh.

Confucius: Do not revisit a matter that has been already settled (something like that).

Therefore I hate to repeat.

Leave alone India's response of maximum punitive nuclear strikes following any type of nuclear attack on its territory or forces; A rapidly, thrusting in, situationally aware IBGs plus main axis unknown to Pakistan we will have ample time to out maneuver any rocket artillery including NASR. For actual effect of any tactical nuke attack and more details look for @bennedose 's youtube video on this topic.
Why should IBGs watch out for and Out Manuever NASR Batteries

A NASR Missile would be Fired from 60 KM away

And IBGs would be Busy Fighting with Pakistani formations

The Reconaissance Assets of IBGs are Usually their Helicopters and UAVs

It is the task of Air Force ; Satellites and Our Brahmos Regiments to neutralise NASR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles