Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
She was the same lad who said that biocom will have a cure for covid19 in 2 weeks ...when it was on top in china... their only god is money...
Yup, but I am keeping my cynicism aside on some issues for now.

TejasMK3

Country flag
There are other local manufacturers too, may be we are ok on this front.
==============
Scanray, a Mysuru based medical devices manufacturer exports ventilators to Europe. They can produce 5000 per month GOI needs to procure these urgently. Infact they could ramp up even more

Producing them is the easy part, the bigger problem would be trained staff trained to use these devices, they need to be watched 24/7, hope it doesnt get to that point.

12arya

Country flag
@Absolut_Vodka
Are sorry yar mere Papa ko Diabetes he aur Mummy ko breathing problem mere bhai ko bhi helath issue he, abhi financials bhi tikh nahi chal rahe.

Isi liye over react kar raha hu.

exactly my fear as well bro. my father has diabetes and my elder brother has asthma....im scared as hell.

does any of u know wat type of fruits/food(affordable ones) we shud give/have to boost immunity?

Gshvar

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Situation has gone quite out of control and this is partly due to govs and people's fault.
But mostly gov.
It was already known thats this virus cannot be stopped.
What could have been stopped was the utter disrespect and misregard of the law order and quarantine protocol.
People still saying This is master stroke from Modi, U know what it is it's a shit stroke.

We didn't have enough resource to cover the whole population through testing so the gov chose to screen those who were arriving from foreign countries.
This is all ok we understand, the lack of resources did this and it was the right course of action.
But if they chose this protocol then they should have enforced it as well.

What we are currently seeing------

Patient's running off from hospital.
Patient's refusing to cooperate with police.
Patient's hiding their travel history.

The gov has failed the protocol they are absolutely one to be blamed for it.

India is a country of roadchap nababs everyone thinks he's some hot shit, gov was dumb to think that everyone will follow the protocol obediently.

The left has given us the name "bhakts" and we are validating them with our antics.

"Mudiji masterstroke, Mudiji gonna let corona spread and then save the day by enforcing natinal curfew".
"Mudiji 200 IQ, us now life cant understand his mind"

Just like everytime BJP has failed to enforce law and order.

Same is the case in Europe, France Germany, Netherlands every one is roaming out. But there they can handle because the population is low and high resources.

Italy was bankrupt country and did not prepare, but others have learn from them.

Coming to India, if you leave things on civilians, they will do riots. The situation will go out of control. In India it has to be dealt same as in China.

Right now there is no lock down as such. The day people see, military trucks being deployed in the city that will be the actual lock down.

Psychologically, due t low number of cases, government is only giving signals and preparing for major lock down. It will happen buddy!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Producing them is the easy part, the bigger problem would be trained staff trained to use these devices, they need to be watched 24/7, hope it doesnt get to that point.
It’s a common device in all hospitals.

12arya

Country flag
Immunity system of Indians is quite strong i think our younger population will survive this outbreak but lots of oldies will die.
oh come on! don't say that. both my parents are above 65! if it comes to it, i am praying that i too' ll go with them:sad:.
i cannot imagine a life without them. the worrying will kille me before them, honestly.

Mangal

Country flag
exactly my fear as well bro. my father has diabetes and my elder brother has asthma....im scared as hell.

does any of u know wat type of fruits/food(affordable ones) we shud give/have to boost immunity?
I am having tea with lots of ginger. Believe me! Its working. Atleast it cured my cough and soar throat that I was having. You should try it.

Kadha (boiled water with tulsi) is what my parents are having daily.

You can try whatever you feel like.

here2where

we seem to be living in two parallel universes right now - absolute panic on online forums, tv news and watsap/SM; and life absolutely normal (atleast where i live here in bangalore) outside my door. Went biking around to get a feel of mango junta - baskin robbins full, big bazaar full, hotels full, fish/meat shops full, parks full, families out enjoying sun with kids in tow and very very few masks to be seen around.

After all this doom and gloom here, i step out and i was like :confused1:,
Ppl are least bothered,

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
we seem to be living in two parallel universes right now - absolute panic on online forums, tv news and watsap/SM; and life absolutely normal (atleast where i live here in bangalore) outside my door. Went biking around to get a feel of mango junta - baskin robbins full, big bazaar full, hotels full, fish/meat shops full, parks full, families out enjoying sun with kids in tow and very very few masks to be seen around.

After all this doom and gloom here, i step out and i was like :confused1:,
Ppl are least bothered,
Our aam janta will pay for this careless attitude. The faster the disease spreads, the more difficult, or even impossible it will be for hospitals and clinics to deal with the incoming patients. If the disease spreads much more slowly, which is only possible with general quarantine, then the situation will be manageable, and patients can be taken care of. That's why "flattening the curve" is very important during any epidemic.

TejasMK3

Country flag
It’s a common device in all hospitals.
Dialysis machines are extremely common too, but normal nurses cant handle them, they wont know even know how to start a patient on it,it requires years of training to become a dialysis nurse who can handle a patient on their own.

Not about commonality, it's not something you can just set and forget, critical care nursing is a specialized discipline that needs a set of nurse and technicians , respiratory therapists and so on.

here2where

Not sure about the global figures.

Still, here are links to the official Coronavirus statistics ,from South Korea and Italy, put out by their public health institutes ,as of 20th March .

In South Korea about 90% of the total Coronavirus deaths (94) are people aged 60 and above.
For a little perspective, about 76% of the confirmed infected cases in South Korea were under the age of 60.

https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a30402000000&bid=0030&act=view&list_no=366611&tag=&nPage=1

In Italy ,Italy about 96% of the official Coronavirus deaths(3200) are people aged 60 and above.

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Infografica_20marzo ENG.pdf

By and large those who are getting seriously ill or dying are not young people.
However, it seems a great proportion of those infected and carrying the disease are children and young,healthy adults.
Thanks for the data.
Here is some more from below source -
https://in.reuters.com/article/us-h...7-in-a-day-elderly-at-high-risk-idINKBN2172VL

average age of those who died was 78.5 years, with the youngest victim aged 31 and the oldest 103. The median age was 80.

Some 41% of all those who died were aged between 80-89, with the 70-79 age group accounting for a further 35%.

Akula

Country flag
Thanks for the data.
Here is some more from below source -
https://in.reuters.com/article/us-h...7-in-a-day-elderly-at-high-risk-idINKBN2172VL

average age of those who died was 78.5 years, with the youngest victim aged 31 and the oldest 103. The median age was 80.

Some 41% of all those who died were aged between 80-89, with the 70-79 age group accounting for a further 35%.
Young people who got recovered from the virus have damaged lungs similar to SAAR virus. Even during normal flu our health condition is not good, imagine what are those people going through who are infected.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles