World Military/Paramilitary/Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I have to say, in the last 20 years they have come a long way, and I envy them!!
And i have been to China..they are very far away ahead of us.

I will give u an example..

I was in Guangzhou and in the city centre they found many years ago that the place was a historic side with excavations finding many things.

So what they did was around the excavation site they covered it with glass and built a mall over it.

If this was found in India we would have made it a temple or a mosque.

Like my best friend jokes..If you find the most scenic place what will Westerners do?..make a hotel or a cafe.

What will Indians do?..Make it a temple and then spoil the place with garbage.

Thats what the difference in thinking is.

rkhanna

Country flag
In ghe recent past gross war crimes have come to light against American, German and Aussie SOF

The Aussie are already considering disbanding the SAS

The Germans have already disbanded part of th KSK because a large section were found to be Neo Nazi and stock piling weapons for possible domestic terrorism

The Americans ofcourse cannot afford to disband anybody but the lack of discipline, green on green deaths, drug related crimes and war crimes have taken the highlight for ST6 and other SOCOM units

Constant war is not sustainable for society at a psycological level

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Just looking through my pics I have a lot of PLA SF ones...I know you lads aren't the biggest fans of each other so if you want me to stop posting/delete them I will.

PLAGF SF

Please continue to post them. Nobody here is offended. It is better to study the enemy than just hating on them.

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
As u can see there is nothing rocket science here, most of the equipment requirement can be met in house.
U just need a fee leaders to put theirs heads together and brainstorm a model for modernizing a certain section of the force.
Call it FINSAS 2.0

Except gere leadership is all over the place.

First priority modernise the SFs 20,000 soldiers should not big a big deal. Than the Ghataks and than finally the infantry.
Hell purge the UPSC from BSF and make it a independent wing under the MOD. Raise some SF in BSF to do retaliation against BAT.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
As u can see there is nothing rocket science here, most of the equipment requirement can be met in house.
U just need a fee leaders to put theirs heads together and brainstorm a model for modernizing a certain section of the force.
Call it FINSAS 2.0

First priority modernise the SFs 20,000 soldiers should not big a big deal. Than the Ghataks and than finally the infantry.
Hell purge the UPSC from BSF and make it a independent wing under the MOD. Raise some SF in BSF to do retaliation against BAT.
No no, it will make BSF make more Incompetent!!!!!
Any armed force under MHA is better equipped than the military due to better and easier procurement process!! Hence the reason why we see all CAPFs with better gear and better results!! If we want to improve BSF's capability, we can make BSF only concentrate on Indo-paki border and create a new border force for Indo-ban border.
If anything, what we can do is bring the BSF battalions near the border under Army’s control, but not the entire organisation!!

FalconZero

Country flag
US Air Force testing Boston Dynamics robots, when you have too much money you can try shiet like that:

For those who want to know more about this 'petnoid' bot, watch this:
Pretty cool, now think armies using the video below in war:
Not now, but maybe 5 to 10 years more and we will have this kinda humanoid robots. Like UCAV/UAV but on the ground and more manoeuvrable than normal ones.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
US Air Force testing Boston Dynamics robots, when you have too much money you can try shiet like that:

For those who want to know more about this 'petnoid' bot, watch this:
Pretty cool, now think armies using the video below in war:
Not now, but maybe 5 to 10 years more and we will have this kinda humanoid robots. Like UCAV/UAV but on the ground and more manoeuvrable than normal ones.
You don't always need money, just competence is required from the government!! Like Vietnam, trying to convert their MIG21 into a operational drone!!

mupper

Country flag
I like posting up lesser known units etc, so here is the German Luftwaffe Kampfretter (Pararescuemen) a relativity new unit.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
I like posting up lesser known units etc, so here is the German Luftwaffe Kampfretter (Pararescuemen) a relativity new unit.

Are Pararescuemen different from Paratroopers, how are they different from each other??

Killbot

Country flag
Call it FINSAS 2.0

SFs are 5000 in number. Equipped like an African militia.

Ghataks and Infantry, especially along LoC are well enough equipped. Especially bns od MLI, Gorkha regiments and Assam Rifles.. They are bettering their equipment and more importantly training by the day. Nothing to worry at all there.

But yeah, you're right BSF needs to get rid of UPSC. Also a Commando unit will be a force multiplier.

Killbot

Country flag
Are Pararescuemen different from Paratroopers, how are they different from each other??
USAF Pararescue are the guys who do CSAR, recovery of classified equipment, humanitarian relief ops and such. Indian equivalent is Garuds.

Paratrooper is a generic term, indicating parachute qualified troops. In case of IA, they are parachute infantry. Ie they can be para dropped into enemy territory and then they operate like infantry. And the Para SF.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
US Coast Guard Deployed Operations Group!
Specifically Maritime Safety & Security Teams (MSST) and Maritime Security Response Team (MSRT). These guys alone put other country's Primary SFs to shame!!
View attachment 64974
View attachment 64975
View attachment 64976
View attachment 64977
View attachment 64978
I guess what really seperate a well equipped force with special force like DEVGRU, Delta is the Logistics, Training and Intelligence that goes behind it.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
For instance during the abbotabd raid the area must have been snopped several times by US intelligence both On ground, third party and Satellite.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles