World Military/Paramilitary/Special Forces

shade

Country flag
Turkey sf is now like this because of nsto
I hope even indian sf will look like this after regular exercises with quad
I still hope!!!
They were US ally/NATO ally since Cold War times, they have received the best US and German tech transfer and equipment/material for cheap, just to keep USSR boxed in the Black Sea

Killbot

Country flag
MAN... Pls for godsake!!! They are better as they are, we don't want to crowd more organisation into one which is gonna make things more incompetent!!! Different forces concentrating on one particular thing, with different leadership and command, yields better results!!! There is a reason why USA after 9/11 spit law enforcement agencies into various jobs and not under one roof!!
No it won't. Have it your way. My opinion is based on what experts think, that one single Border Police Willie much better at logistics and standardisation. Similar to theatre commands of Tri services. Gotta be a reason the commands are being merged, right?

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
No it won't. Have it your way. My opinion is based on what experts think, that one single Border Police Willie much better at logistics and standardisation. Similar to theatre commands of Tri services. Gotta be a reason the commands are being merged, right?
Experts?? Yeah the experts said there would be no major terrorist attacks in India after Kargil war. But is it true?? 2001 Parliament attacks, 26/11,etc.
Its always better to split up the job and give it to various organisations than restricted to one and produce subpar results!!

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
If you didn't know, a theatre command like organisation has already been established under one roof for CAPFs, headed by an IPS officer.

Killbot

Country flag
If you didn't know, a theatre command like organisation has already been established under one roof for CAPFs, headed by an IPS officer.
so, what is the problem in integrating all border forces?

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
so, what is the problem in integrating all border forces?
Autonomous of a force with a different leadership, always yields better results!! Remember, Indian borders have different terrains, different people, different dangers altogether and that particular force has experience in that particular terrain!!! All CAPFs are better established as their own force with their own leadership which inturn also has better procurement process!

Killbot

Country flag
Autonomous of a force with a different leadership, always yields better results!! Remember, Indian borders have different terrains, different people, different dangers altogether and that particular force has experience in that particular terrain!!! All CAPFs are better established as their own force with their own leadership which inturn also has better procurement process!
Alright, India has different terrains and conditions, but the same army is operating in all those terrains. There is theatre specific training, maybe, but they're still operating. And they are under a single general. They seem to be working just fine. What would the difference be with a unified border force? Helps in rationalisation of budget. Also, this topic is not a part of the thread description. Last from me.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Alright, India has different terrains and conditions, but the same army is operating in all those terrains. There is theatre specific training, maybe, but they're still operating. And they are under a single general. They seem to be working just fine. What would the difference be with a unified border force? Helps in rationalisation of budget. Also, this topic is not a part of the thread description. Last from me.
Last time I checked, army primary operates in Kashmir, the only border guard headed by IA officer is Assam Rifles!! Majority of the border duties are done by CAPFs and they remain the only force to operate in various terrains in our country, not IA.

Killbot

Country flag
Last time I checked, army primary operates in Kashmir, the only border guard headed by IA officer is Assam Rifles!! Majority of the border duties are done by CAPFs and they remain the only force to operate in various terrains in our country, not IA.
they have garrisons in Rajasthan, Punjab, Gujarat. Part of South western command. And they man the whole Indo China border, ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
they have garrisons in Rajasthan, Punjab, Gujarat. Part of South western command. And they man the whole Indo China border, ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh.
Mate, I said primarily operate in Kashmir!! I'll give probably around 60% of their job is concentrated in Kashmir, Ladakh, Siachen!!!
The rest 40% all over the country. But compared to CAPF's they are nowhere in experienced in operating in different terrains. An average CRPF soldier has better knowledge and experience in forest warfare, in hunting LWE!!

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Because they are a disciplined, professional army. Because no one expects them to do a coup. If they did, they'd lose respect immediately.
Old News Articles but relevant to the Topic

Last edited:

Narendra s rawat

Country flag
Afgan SOFs during recent terrorist attacks!!

There are looking like American SF.
There sf M4 are all sopmod versions and standardization is good.
Sometimes I wonder why we are purchasing expensive scar while scar h is good platform but scar l is not worth the price existing m4, tar 21 is good enough rather than scar l.we should really invest on comms,gears and upgrade our existing weapons tar 21 is also a good platform
images (11).jpeg

This S & T keyboard suppressor for tar 21
With this our tar 21 can be converted to this
images (12).jpeg

Global Defence

New threads

Articles