United Kingdom Domestic Politics - News, Updates and Discussion

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The United Kingdom is the best location for wind power in Europe and one of the best in the world.
in this case, looks like i got trapped in the usual human fallacy of assuming world we don't know about operates on the same fundamentals as the world we know about, somehow didn't connect the dots.

lesson learnt.

Jimih

Country flag
in this case, looks like i got trapped in the usual human fallacy of assuming world we don't know about operates on the same fundamentals as the world we know about, somehow didn't connect the dots.

lesson learnt.
Sir, I also connected the dots only.

As in India you also see the coastal States has the highest Wind energy potential.

Spindrift

found some interesting bit of info on UK power generation.

44% of their power supply comes from wind, somehow i never thought of wind as reliable power source, but apparently it is.

hardly any coal based electricity generation at this point in time.

View attachment 188403
Most of that is generated off the west coast of Scotland. It's quite windy there for pretty much through out the year.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
We surpass UK in gdp. Now go to any UK city it's feel like they are rich. If we look our city, it feel like poor environment. Per capita income wat matters most.
Feels isn't the right word, it comes down to urban planning and development.
These countries are 4k and 3.5k per capita income countries as well.

This is also India, as they are planned cities they will obviously be better than the existing legacy cities we have.

Either way I will prefer economic well being of Indians than working on street level infra, Vietnam and Philippines too have a lot of similar looking streets as well.

Cities like Bangalore look shit in street level due to lack of urban planning and maintenance yet has the highest amount of Grade-A office space stock in entire Asia-Pacific and more than most European cities as well. Good luck to London and UK matching up at that.

Find London here which being a financial centre is what is running UK's whole economy.
1672992695814.png

Their main CBD has just 16 mn square feet office space, rest are all residential buildings with glass facades which gats passed off as commercial buildings.

Swesh

People are rightly alarmed about the chronic shortage of fruit and vegetables in our shops but it seems the government has no urgent plan to fix it,” Jardine said.

Jim McMahon, Labour’s shadow environment secretary, said: “There is genuine public concern about the supply of food and I found that response to be completely detached from the reality of experiences on the ground.”

He added that shortages were a result of “dithering and indifference from government”.

Coffey said that the UK food supply chain was “highly resilient” and that item limits applied to only a small number of lines of fruit and vegetables. She added that this was simply “the nature of horticulture”

Jimih

Country flag
Good that these British chimpanzees are getting a taste of their own medicine
That's still a civilized protest, not damaging any of their property or threatening their officials. India has not gone down to British levels yet.
Well message was certainly delivered.

Next time it will not be so friendly for the britshits.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

People are rightly alarmed about the chronic shortage of fruit and vegetables in our shops but it seems the government has no urgent plan to fix it,” Jardine said.

Jim McMahon, Labour’s shadow environment secretary, said: “There is genuine public concern about the supply of food and I found that response to be completely detached from the reality of experiences on the ground.”

He added that shortages were a result of “dithering and indifference from government”.

Coffey said that the UK food supply chain was “highly resilient” and that item limits applied to only a small number of lines of fruit and vegetables. She added that this was simply “the nature of horticulture”
BritDeliversGoodRadioC.jpg

This poster is very idiotic now

Hari Sud

Country flag
I have not a penny worth of praise for British domestic politics. It is their inaction resulted in bunch of thugs tear down an India flag from the Indian High Commission. That does not speak well of British honesty.

It is all officially sponsored pressure on India. First came the BBC documentary now letting paid thugs to tear down the flag. Hence what does the British want…..

They want concessions on Free Trade Agreement.

India should hold up the agreement and offer no concessions as long as all the thugs, their financiers (ISI) are not prosecuted.

Let the British know that India is no longer a colony where they can do whatever they want.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles