Turkey Syria Earthquake 2023

KurtisBrian

Country flag
"...... WHY WAS IT SO SEVERE?
The East Anatolian Fault is a strike-slip fault.

In those, solid rock plates are pushing up against each other across a vertical fault line, building stress until one finally slips in a horizontal motion, releasing a tremendous amount of strain that can trigger an earthquake.

The San Andreas Fault in California is perhaps the world's most famous strike-slip fault, with scientists warning that a catastrophic quake is long overdue.

The initial rupture for the Turkey-Syria earthquake kicked off at a relatively shallow depth.

"The shaking at the ground surface will have been more severe than for a deeper earthquake of the same magnitude at source," David Rothery, a planetary geoscientist at the Open University in Britain, said. ....."

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Greek PM offers help
=====
Jan 19 2023
Greek PM Mitsotakis: ‘We will not go to war with Turkey’

Feb 6th 2023
Greek PM Calls Turkish President To Offer 'Immediate' Aid

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
In light of PM’s instructions to offer all possible assistance to cope with earthquake in Türkiye today, meeting held in PMO to discuss immediate relief measures

Search & Rescue Teams, Medical Teams along with relief material to be dispatched to Türkiye in coordination with Government of Republic of Türkiye

In light of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s instructions to offer all possible assistance to cope with the earthquake in Türkiye today, Dr. P. K. Mishra, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister held a meeting in South Block to discuss immediate relief measures. It was decided that Search & Rescue Teams of NDRF and Medical Teams along with relief material would be dispatched immediately in coordination with the Government of Republic of Türkiye.

Two teams of NDRF comprising 100 personnel with specially trained dog squads and necessary equipment are ready to be flown to the earthquake hit area for search & rescue operations. Medical Teams are also being readied with trained doctors and paramedics with essential medicines. Relief material will be dispatched in coordination with the Government of Republic of Türkiye and Indian Embassy in Ankara and Consulate General office in Istanbul.

The meeting was attended by Cabinet Secretary, representatives of Ministries of Home Affairs, NDMA, NDRF, Defence, MEA, Civil Aviation and Health & Family Welfare.

another_armchair

Country flag
I hope Turkey rejects all aid from India with the same speed at which they rejected Indian durum wheat claiming contamination with rubella.

"The wheat consignment was detected with Indian Rubella disease and was rejected by the Turkish ministry of agriculture and forestry," a trader based in Istanbul told S&P.

Jimih

Country flag
Pakistan is a special case, Turkey and other countries are not.
Believe me, India will send aid to Pakistan if asked for if it faces yesterday's Turkey like earthquake in future.

In forums and SM only we talk about doing this and that, while our govt will do exactly the opposite.

Last edited:

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Believe me, India will send aid to Pakistan if it faces yesterday's Turkey like earthquake tomorrow.

In forums and SM only we talk about doing this and that, while our govt will do exactly the opposite.
yeah the Pakistan 2022 floods killed 1700+ people. I think I read that India offered some money.

Blademaster

Islamists are already setting up narrative.
Funny that some morons think they are doing good for India when they speak against an act of kindness. Even funnier is that the same people believe in karma.
Find posts by Muslims advocating for the killing of Hindus and repost to that fucker and any other fucker decrying about the inhumanity of hindus.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Believe me, India will send aid to Pakistan if asked for if it faces yesterday's Turkey like earthquake in future.

Greece and Turkish fighter jets keep chasing each other, and yet the greece pm offers to send aid to turkey after a natural disaster.
that's real politik.

Dec 19, 2022
Turkey, Greece clash over the Aegean Sea: here’s what we know so far

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Such a fucked up forum. Mutilated bodies of children are removed from under rubbles but that's amusing to some here. Be a human first. Being a citizen comes later.
We don't have any hate for average Turkish citizens, we stand in solidarity with them. But I as an Indian haven't forgotten some things made in Turkey used to kill our people.
1675712957650.png
1675713011217.png
1675713062908.png
1675713075085.png

1675713106727.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles