Tejas Mk-2 – India’s New SuperFighter Is Now One Of Top 4 Light Combat Aircraft In The World Along With ‘Idol’ Saab Gripen

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
US and Indian Airforce joint excercise in 2005? you must be referring to Cope India exercises. 1st of all MiG-21 is not a Stealth design, you and I both know this. It Definitely has a lower RCS though as compared to full fledged metal body jets like SU-30 MKI/JF-17/MiG-29 but that here is mostly due to its smaller size as compared to these larger body planes. None of these planes are designed with keeping stealth in mind, neither they use composites or RAM.
Yes, what I want to say is that asmall size has natural stealth advantage. Bigger planes need a huge effort to make them stealthy. Tejas is smallest, uses composite, uses Y duct, designed with stealth consideration.

So far as F22 is concern, I have explained why it is stealth. Read my post. Inspite of best geometrical stealth design, it is observable from a distance. State of art RAM makes it stealth. Geometrical stealth has .any limitations snd does not make a plane stealth unless state of art RAM is used.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I want to let our friends know that if a plane is detachable without RAM from a particular distance, there are calculations by which you can find out the stealth of plane. i.e from how much distance it is invisible.

no smoking

Country flag
Claiming to detect and track a Stealth aircraft at ranges like 200-300 kms is not a new thing, IAF has Claimed in the past to detect J-20 and China has also Claimed to detect American F-22/F-35s.
Oh, no. India is the only one to claim that detecting a stealth jet with a fighter jet radar.
On the other hand, Chinese was claiming that their ground METER WAVE RADAR did that. There is nothing fancy about it. Russia, USA has the same technology.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Yes, what I want to say is that asmall size has natural stealth advantage. Bigger planes need a huge effort to make them stealthy. Tejas is smallest, uses composite, uses Y duct, designed with stealth consideration.

So far as F22 is concern, I have explained why it is stealth. Read my post. Inspite of best geometrical stealth design, it is observable from a distance. State of art RAM makes it stealth. Geometrical stealth has .any limitations snd does not make a plane stealth unless state of art RAM is used.
Yes that is what I am trying to say and you are correct here. Tejas does have Stealth to some degree because it uses a lot of Composites, RAM, and also it's Y duct gives a less radar return as compared to conventional 4th Generation planes like SU-30/SU-27 etc which don't use any of these technics. But that doesn't mean that Tejas will be stealthier than a full fledged 5th generation fighter.

Tejas was designed to have some low observable features but no, it was never designed to be fully Stealth.

F-22/F-35/J-20 and other 5th generation Aircrafts were designed to be fully Stealth from the beginning of their Development.

The aim of a Stealth plane's design is to reduce the radar cross section (RCS) and it's thermal signature. It's not about Making a plane completely Invisible to the radar because it's not possible, no Aircraft can be 100% invisible from Radar. And most importantly coming to Tejas, it doesn't have any Internal Weopons Bay whereas the planes like J-20/SU-57/F-22 all have them which is a must for any 5th generation plane. IWB helps reduce RCS to a very large extent.

Did you atleast read what I had written in my previous post? You are talking as if Geometric Stealth does Little RCS reduction and RAM does everything else. Do you know that More than 60% of RCS reduction of any Stealth aircraft is achieved by only Geometric Stealth? Go and check this through OPEN SOURCE! You will get an answer. You need to understand the Definition of the word stealth when we refer to planes.

Stealth : reducing radar and thermal detection.

All aspects of a Stealth plane make it Stealthy, but Geometric Stealth is the most important feature like I said.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles