Tejas Mk-2 – India’s New SuperFighter Is Now One Of Top 4 Light Combat Aircraft In The World Along With ‘Idol’ Saab Gripen

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Su 35 can't detect vlo aircraft like rafale,eft 300km away, if mki detected j20 @ 300km, then its rcs similar to su30mki/b52 etc.
This is not my imagination. This is a claim by Indian airforce. I explained this earlier as well. J 20 is stealth from front not from sides. In my opinion, Tejas Mk1 A will be more stealthier than J 20 as has stealth feature and very small size. J 20 is huge. Its side profiles are not stealthier.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
This is not my imagination. This is a claim by Indian airforce. I explained this earlier as well. J 20 is stealth from front not from sides. In my opinion, Tejas Mk1 A will be more stealthier than J 20 as has stealth feature and very small size. J 20 is huge. Its side profiles are not stealthier.
How can you assume that Tejas MK-1A will have a lower RCS than J-20? This is not possible because 1st of all ,J-20 was designed by China as a full fledged Stealth fighter whereas Tejas on the other hand was not designed as full fledged but does have some RCS reduction features in it (small size, Use of lot of Composites).

And by the way just because in size J-20 is bigger than Tejas MK-1A in size, that does not mean it will have lower RCS as compared to J-20, because by that Logic F-22 ,SU-57 has more RCS as they are larger.

J-20 sensors -3.jpg

I will end by saying : "Maybe this J-20 is not as good as portrayed by CCP but we cannot Underestimate this Jet!"

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Gripen is still better than Tejas due to its technolocal advancement based on 36 yrs fighter jet building expertise but Tejas is not far behind against JAS 39

When Tejas was designed, putting canard seemed too complex as we did not have the experience. We therefore went for large cranked delta wings which were little bit more dragy because of large area. This is evident from the fact that we have used the same wings in Tejas mk2 which is designed to carry 60 pc higher payload. Lots of design refinement has gone in Mk1A which will surpass Gripen C in MTOW.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
How can you assume that Tejas MK-1A will have a lower RCS than J-20? This is not possible because 1st of all ,J-20 was designed by China as a full fledged Stealth fighter whereas Tejas on the other hand was not designed as full fledged but does have some RCS reduction features in it (small size, Use of lot of Composites).

And by the way just because in size J-20 is bigger than Tejas MK-1A in size, that does not mean it will have lower RCS as compared to J-20, because by that Logic F-22 ,SU-57 has more RCS as they are larger.

View attachment 150625

I will end by saying : "Maybe this J-20 is not as good as portrayed by CCP but we cannot Underestimate this Jet!"
I don't assume. I infer. MkI had tracked it from over 250 km away from ordinary PESA radar. MKI can not track Tejas from 250 km. That is why I infer it.

Super Flanker

Banned
I don't assume. I infer. MkI had tracked it from over 250 km away from ordinary PESA radar. MKI can not track Tejas from 250 km. That is why I infer it.
How many times should I repeat myself or have you Ignored the Discusssion which took Place in this thread? You are bringing the claim of SU-30 MKI detecting J-20 with PESA BARS, I am telling you for the last time, please search the concept of a Luneberg lense!

Please read this entire thread and you will get your answer with regards to detection of J-20 by SU-30 MKI.

Here please watch this video from 5:30 onwards and you will get your answer :-

Have a good day!

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
How many times should I repeat myself or have you Ignored the Discusssion which took Place in this thread? You are bringing the claim of SU-30 MKI detecting J-20 with PESA BARS, I am telling you for the last time, please search the concept of a Luneberg lense!

Please read this entire thread and you will get your answer with regards to detection of J-20 by SU-30 MKI.

Here please watch this video from 5:30 onwards and you will get your answer :-

Have a good day!
This is the last time I am telling you that it was carrying Lundberg lense is your wishfull thinking and nothing else. Why China bought Su 35 inspite of having so called 5th generation fighter. You answer me.

My most important point is that India's air chief and air marshal has said catagorically that J 20 is not a threat for India. Parheps they are not as knowledgeable as you are. Even China has accepted that Tejas has stealth features and Tejas is a plane of future. In its comparison article of Jf 17 and Tejas, Chinese media had concluded the article by saying that Jf17 is a plane of present but Tejas is a plane of future. Do not argue by making your assumptions a base. Give the reference in support of your argument.

Super Flanker

Banned
This is the last time I am telling you that it was carrying Lundberg lense is your wishfull thinking and nothing else. Why China bought Su 35 inspite of having so called 5th generation fighter. You answer me.

My most important point is that India's air chief and air marshal has said catagorically that J 20 is not a threat for India. Parheps they are not as knowledgeable as you are. Even China has accepted that Tejas has stealth features and Tejas is a plane of future. In its comparison article of Jf 17 and Tejas, Chinese media had concluded the article by saying that Jf17 is a plane of present but Tejas is a plane of future. Do not argue by making your assumptions a base. Give the reference in support of your argument.
The Theory of a Lunberg lens is not some kind of wishful thinking my friend! It's a reality! I have not Said that I don't believe that IAF didn't detect it.

No country will fly their 5 generation jet without Luneburg lens in patrol duty during peace time. So, the so called "Su-30 can detect J-20" is meaningless. During war time, J-20 RCS will be completely different.
Recently, US claims that their F-35 has met Chinese J-20 in the air outside Chinese border. Did you see either side bragging "Our jet radar can detect their stealth jet"? No, because both sides knew both jets have Luneburg lens on board.

Now coming to China buying 4th generation fighter even when it has 5th generation option like J-20. Have you even bothered to read the Discusssion?

Is it about China Buying SU-35 when China has 5th generation J-20? That logic is so flawed. If we go by this logic than we can also say that the F-35 is is not so Advanced and Hence US Airforce is buying more F-15EX. Read These sources:-

You see mate, you can't always Operate 5th Generation Aircrafts in large numbers because it's very expensive in doing so and hence you also need 4th Generation Aircrafts to supplement and build up a bulk of your fleet using them. Also there were several other reasons for China buying these SU-35 Flankers from Russia.

Also China wanted engine Technology from it possibly too.

You really think that Chinese are so dumb that they will build a jet like a J-20 which supposively is to Match F-22/F-35s be detected by a PESA radar from 300 kms away?

I have already answered all your questions in the Past and also with regards China buying 4th generation, please read the entire thread 1st because you have clearly not done so.

I am argueing with giving references here. Also in my previous posts in this thread I had also posted pictures of F-35 and F-22 Carrying radar reflectors also.

So whatever has been told by me is nothing with regards to wishful thinking.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
You really think that Chinese are so dumb that they will build a jet like a J-20 which supposively is to Match F-22/F-35s be detected by a PESA radar from 300 kms away?
you really think that j20 rcs is in orders of f35 or f22 :rofl:.

just think, you are believing what chinks have wrote abt their so called 5th gen jet and denying the claim of iaf :bplease:
which will never tell a lie

The Theory of a Lunberg lens is not some kind of wishful thinking my friend! It's a reality! I have not Said that I don't believe that IAF didn't detect it.

No country will fly their 5 generation jet without Luneburg lens in patrol duty during peace time. So, the so called "Su-30 can detect J-20" is meaningless. During war time, J-20 RCS will be completely different.
Recently, US claims that their F-35 has met Chinese J-20 in the air outside Chinese border. Did you see either side bragging "Our jet radar can detect their stealth jet"? No, because both sides knew both jets have Luneburg lens on board.
we have debated on this topic. the 2020 situation was like war.

Super Flanker

Banned
you really think that j20 rcs is in orders of f35 or f22 :rofl:.

just think, you are believing what chinks have wrote abt their so called 5th gen jet and denying the claim of iaf :bplease:
which will never tell a lie

we have debated on this topic. the 2020 situation was like war.
I never said that J-20 RCS will be in the league of F-22 or F-35 type and lastly we don't know what is the True RCS of J-20.

Such information is Confidential and is not revealed to him public. Have you yourself flown a J-20 and measured it's RCS or what?

You are being blinded by Patriotism whereas I don't let patriotism get into the way of facts for me.

I love my IAF but saying that IAF will never tell a lie is just wrong. No Country is run by saints and everyone can tell a lie.

US can lie ,China can lie, India can lie! I know now many members might bash me for this but this is Truth.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
I never said that J-20 RCS will be in the league of F-22 or F-35 type and lastly we don't know what is the True RCS of J-20.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................... :dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

and regarding lie, I havent found any discrepancy in any data provided by our armed forces (kills, deaths........)

btw,

breh, again,
if iaf figher penetrates the chinki zone then the already flying j20 will drop its Luneburg lens and then it will try to intercept the iaf jet ??:facepalm:

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I dont think they ever said 300km. They said they tracked it, and its entirely possible they did it. J 20 is stealthy from the front, but from other angles not so much.

Also, PESA has nothing to do with detection range. AESA is more jamming resistant and with low probability of detection.

Super Flanker

Banned
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................... :dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

and regarding lie, I havent found any discrepancy in any data provided by our armed forces (kills, deaths........)

btw,
I know that our Armed forces have not lied in the past About various things but that doesn't mean that we will always believe that our Armed forces speak truth.

US military lies, Pakistan and Chinese Military too lies so we are not some "God type" country who will not lie.

I don't know about this but I think so that it could be entirely possible that if the need arises to separate the lens in mid-flight due to some reason than it can definitely be done.

Please note I am not trying to sound crazy here.

Super Flanker

Banned
I dont think they ever said 300km. They said they tracked it, and its entirely possible they did it. J 20 is stealthy from the front, but from other angles not so much.

Also, PESA has nothing to do with detection range. AESA is more jamming resistant and with low probability of detection.
We will probably not know what was the reason That caused the detection of the J-20 by SU-30 MKI. The concept of Luneberg lense does Definitely provide a possibility.

Also maybe the J-20 was carrying external drop tanks which inturn increased the RCS and caused it to get detected by SU-30 MKI.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Now coming to China buying 4th generation fighter even when it has 5th generation option like J-20. Have you even bothered to read the Discusssion?

Is it about China Buying SU-35 when China has 5th generation J-20? That logic is so flawed. If we go by this logic than we can also say that the F-35 is is not so Advanced and Hence US Airforce is buying more F-15EX. Read These sources:-

You see mate, you can't always Operate 5th Generation Aircrafts in large numbers because it's very expensive in doing so and hence you also need 4th Generation Aircrafts to supplement and build up a bulk of your fleet using them. Also there were several other reasons for China buying these SU-35 Flankers from Russia.

Also China wanted engine Technology from it possibly too.

I have already answered all your questions in the Past and also with regards China buying 4th generation, please read the entire thread 1st because you have clearly not done so.

I am argueing with giving references here. Also in my previous posts in this thread I had also posted pictures of F-35 and F-22 Carrying radar reflectors also.

So whatever has been told by me is nothing with regards to wishful thinking.
You have not answered any of my question. Your so czlled answers starts with do you believe? Is China so dumb etc. Who tod you that fifth generation planes while on petrol duty operated luneburg lense?

In argument to defend purchase of Su 35, you gave the example of US buying F15 inspite of having F35. It is ok. Does US import F15 from other nation? Here the question is not whether China bought it. Here China imports it. Is there any country which makes fifth generation plane at home and imports forth generation plane? Will India import F16 after making AMCA?

China imports S400 after making HQ9. aChinese air defence system could not detect Brahmos we fired. This is theevel of sophistication of Chinese system.

no smoking

Country flag
You have not answered any of my question. Your so czlled answers starts with do you believe? Is China so dumb etc. Who tod you that fifth generation planes while on petrol duty operated luneburg lense?
Kid, the 5th generation jet flying with luneburg lense in peace time is a well known fact. There are quite a lot of civilian airline flying around, you really don't want those civilian airline pilots to leak the RCS.

In argument to defend purchase of Su 35, you gave the example of US buying F15 inspite of having F35. It is ok. Does US import F15 from other nation? Here the question is not whether China bought it. Here China imports it. Is there any country which makes fifth generation plane at home and imports forth generation plane? Will India import F16 after making AMCA?
The whole J-11 series were built upon Su-27. Unless Chinese wants spend another huge amount money to decode the every dynamic and structure details of Su-27, they have to import latest version of Su-27 to improve their J-11s.

China imports S400 after making HQ9.
S-400 is a whole new generation air-defense system. HQ9 is a S-300 level system. Do you understand?

aChinese air defence system could not detect Brahmos we fired. This is theevel of sophistication of Chinese system.
Please prove that Brahmos was flying within the HQ9's detection range.
Or at least tell us where did Pakistan deploy their HQ9 system.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Kid, the 5th generation jet flying with luneburg lense in peace time is a well known fact. There are quite a lot of civilian airline flying around, you really don't want those civilian airline pilots to leak the RCS.

The whole J-11 series were built upon Su-27. Unless Chinese wants spend another huge amount money to decode the every dynamic and structure details of Su-27, they have to import latest version of Su-27 to improve their J-11s.

S-400 is a whole new generation air-defense system. HQ9 is a S-300 level system. Do you understand?

Please prove that Brahmos was flying within the HQ9's detection range.
Or at least tell us where did Pakistan deploy their HQ9 system.
Here pops up the moron with his idiocy once again. Ignored.

Super Flanker

Banned

China imports S400 after making HQ9. aChinese air defence system could not detect Brahmos we fired. This is theevel of sophistication of Chinese system.
All of your questions have already been answered by me in the past but either you are not able to understand or having some comprehension issues.

You yourself have changed the question here! Do you know what was your question? it was :

"Name any country which buys a 4th Generation Aircraft even when it has 5th generation options at its hand?"

And why is the topic of Import bought here? Export or import, this doesn't matter and neither was this added by you in the past.

by the way, J-20 was not Operational during the time of SU-35 purchase and hence it was purchased as stop gap with Relationship to Capabilities.

The SU-35 has airframe, flight control software & power plant technical developments that China wants to emulate. Reverse engineering certain SU-35 components & design elements (maybe the entire platform) will certainly be part of the objective.

At the Time of purchase it was probably better than any 4th gen Aircraft which China had too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you know that those J-20s were on Patrol duty?

Have you yourself seen the J-20s through a binocular and said that they are not having Luneberg lenses on them and hence they must be on Petrol duty?

Those J-20 Were on a peace keeping mission or trainning mission or a Patrol duty but always Aircrafts like that Carry the Luneberg lenses.

But whatever happens, no country! I am saying this for the Last time, no country will be flying their Stealth Aircrafts without Radar reflectors on a peace keeping mission!

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

They did not say it but they said that they detected it over the sky of Tibet.

Amiet R. Kashyap

@Amitraaz

Remember the nws whn IAF's SU-30MKI detected J-20 jets frm Twang area frm an exercise sortie near their Lhasa base? So, Lhasa-tawang=240km Bars Radar detect(mx 350+km) for 4m2 obj 250km+ lets say there wr no RAM at tht time on J-20 So aftr Puting RAM its RCS sud be in b/w 0.1-1

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles