TEDBF or ORCA Updates

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
Your own comments are in bad faith and filled with stupid nonsense.
So r u an aeronautical guy whose points make all the sense? What do u do for living? And yes as a tax payer & with some technical comprehension, i do have bad faith in some DoD products just like people can oppose govt. policies & decisions if they feel to disagree after analysing.

What's of the point of this 3 decade comment??
U don't understand after repeated explanation also then call others stupid. If today we can do something but don't implement then that product will b there for next few decades Only after that, the next product will give opportunity to implement something which we skipped.

So you even know what is indian naval doctrine?? What does navy wants it's jets to do??
Do enlighten us. Forums r for sharing knowledge. How many common citizen fans coming to unofficial forums know it?

Yet you simply jump in and write all these post in absolute vaccum . And expect others to engage you seriously in a debate!!!
At least i SHARE whatever i know from various media. Everybody including u expects acceptance & healthy discussion. Nobody is forcing u to reply. You can watch RajyaSabhaTV, etc where Defence journalists/analysts & retired chiefs/admirals/generals disagree. here let me post one regarding AMCA. Watch Ajay Banerjee & other top brass & learn how they put their points without getting personal.

Here you go in my ignore list . Good riddance. Don't bother replying I won't be seeing it anyway.
Thanks a lot. You should have done it long back rather than offending others. If u wan't acceptance so do others. Let me know if u n ur supporting pals r aeronautical guy or common tax payer guy like me.

From time to time forum gets one or two such posters who don't read anything but just keep posting their own point of view. It is better to ignore than bother and move on.
U expect working family men to read 50+ to 300+ pages of discussion before typing or sharing something? Best of Luck BTW i do go through the Infographics, pictures, diagrams at least even if it is 300+ pages. So u make way too much blind assumptions.
And at least i have a PoV which every tax payer with certain technical comprehension should. I don't just merely repeat what the forces guys or R&D guys said in interviews.

MonaLazy

Why so much discussion about IWB?

beast modes
Because we like to think of our military equipment like consumer goods- like our phones or cars. We want it to be feature loaded and throw all the buzzwords at it. Mission requirements be damned.

People have gotten so enamoured with stealth that they forget about pressure recovery at the engine inlet and big ar$e AShMs that need to be carried by TEDBF. I believe USNs NGAD also is to address this shortfall from the F-35. Stealth yes, but not at the cost of weapons carriage capacity

Unfortunately ADA scientists are simpletons who work hard- can't coin marketing gimmicks like beast mode which BTW could also be called stupid mode once a stealth plane has no stealth it is an easy prey for 4th gen because of aerodynamic compromises baked into it's design.

Last edited:

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
You are the most pessimistic person I have ever met.
Chill out, if we can build tedbf in 10-15 yes, why will modifying the airframe take 30 years?
Stop panicking needlessly.
It is not pessimism or panic but simple discussion on economics of production line, demand & supply.
IWB is a major structural change, not like a CFT which u just strap on top. To implement something like IWB in a mediium jet, the entire jet changes to practically a new product. If it was larger airframe like F-15 Silent Eagle then it is possible to implement as iteration.
So may b we don't have right powerful engine today, may b after few years, but at least we can run parallel studies from no onwards & the public can talk something about it. The journalists & analysts also talk. Otherwise we should not talk at all about future.

MonaLazy

for tedbf half baked missiles will be okay and they are also planned so no hassle here as i have already attached the source for info,btw a very very good news to you all
Salivating at the prospect of this GaN AESAR moving into the Mk1s bigger nose in MLU. We could have 1400-1500 TRMs? How many in the Su-30?? :drool:

IMG_20211229_103503.jpg

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
It is not pessimism or panic but simple discussion on economics of production line, demand & supply.
IWB is a major structural change, not like a CFT which u just strap on top. To implement something like IWB in a mediium jet, the entire jet changes to practically a new product. If it was larger airframe like F-15 Silent Eagle then it is possible to implement as iteration.
So may b we don't have right powerful engine today, may b after few years, but at least we can run parallel studies from no onwards & the public can talk something about it. The journalists & analysts also talk. Otherwise we should not talk at all about future.
Just a suggestion, stop getting all your defence related news from "defence specials" of random channels.
They are meant far people with little to no knowledge and/or interest in defence, and therefore skip over a lot of critical stuff.

You keep asking for more and more features and simultaneously complain about how you "believe", through some innate belief, that PSUs can never deliver on time. That is both hypocritical, and pessimistic.

Just take a step back, and analyse what you have contributed to the thread. I believe that you have your heart in the right place, but refusing to accept any and all mistakes on your part has led you to derail the thread on several occasions and in general has been a negative influence. Kindle retrospect.

SARTHAK

Country flag
Salivating at the prospect of this GaN AESAR moving into the Mk1s bigger nose in MLU. We could have 1400-1500 TRMs? How many in the Su-30?? :drool:

View attachment 128249
GaN news is from sameer sir he is the most reliable source,as far as su30 is considered nose cone is bigger we can expect 1300 trm GaN as uttam will be scalable

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
Just a suggestion, stop getting all your defence related news from "defence specials" of random channels.
They are meant far people with little to no knowledge and/or interest in defence, and therefore skip over a lot of critical stuff.
A common tax payer enthusiast doesn't even know how many forums & channels r there. They get feeds in their YT, FB, etc & then they comment or discuss whatever they comprehend.
At least i made a list & see, read whatever i can in my free time after office & house chores:
Alpha Defense
Alpha Defense - Hindi
CRUX
Defence Analysis
Defence Decode
DEFENCE FUSION
Defence Insight/Squad
Defence Matrix
Defence Show
Defence Squad
Defence XP Network/Squad
Delhi Defence Review
GlobalConflict
GlobalConflictहिंदी
Indian Air Force
Indian Defence Analysis
Indian Defence Review
Indian Defence Updates
Indian Defense News
NationalDefence
REVIEW Master Vikrant
Tarmak Media House

Combat Approved
Covert Cabal
Defense Updates
Matsimus
Red Effect
Spark
The Hated One
WELT Documentary

US Defense News
US Military News
US Military Power
USA Military Channel

Defence Forum India
Strategic Front
Bharat Rakshak
Trishul Trident
Live Fist, Shiv Aroor

You keep asking for more and more features and simultaneously complain about how you "believe", through some innate belief, that PSUs can never deliver on time. That is both hypocritical, and pessimistic.
If i see Defence journalists & analysts on national TV disagreeing & criticizing HAL for production delays & other things in front of retired chiefs/generals/admirals then what's my fault?
I don't know anybody in DoD directly. And the entire world is seeing how much our AF is lagging. How many citizens u will call hypocritic & pessimistic?

Just take a step back, and analyse what you have contributed to the thread. I believe that you have your heart in the right place, but refusing to accept any and all mistakes on your part has led you to derail the thread on several occasions and in general has been a negative influence. Kindle retrospect.
Well, i disagree, that's a huge allegation & factually wrong. I always try to stick to topic of forum but i have been dragged into topics of other products for which other forums are there on this website.
And u should expect common tax payer fan to make mistakes or miss something in an unofficial forum, that's how people discuss. How many people here are even technically graduated to comprehend tech stuff, leave being specifically graduated in aeronautical engineering? Or how many here r working inside the DoD?

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
A common tax payer enthusiast doesn't even know how many forums & channels r there. They get feeds in their YT, FB, etc & then they comment or discuss whatever they comprehend.
At least i made a list & see, read whatever i can in my free time after office & house chores:
Alpha Defense
Alpha Defense - Hindi
CRUX
Defence Analysis
Defence Decode
DEFENCE FUSION
Defence Insight/Squad
Defence Matrix
Defence Show
Defence Squad
Defence XP Network/Squad
Delhi Defence Review
GlobalConflict
GlobalConflictहिंदी
Indian Air Force
Indian Defence Analysis
Indian Defence Review
Indian Defence Updates
Indian Defense News
NationalDefence
REVIEW Master Vikrant
Tarmak Media House

Combat Approved
Covert Cabal
Defense Updates
Matsimus
Red Effect
Spark
The Hated One
WELT Documentary

US Defense News
US Military News
US Military Power
USA Military Channel

Defence Forum India
Strategic Front
Bharat Rakshak
Trishul Trident
Live Fist, Shiv Aroor
Yea checked that list, half are fanboy channels made for entertainment and propaganda, not for information.
If i see Defence journalists & analysts on national TV disagreeing & criticizing HAL for production delays & other things in front of retired chiefs/generals/admirals then what's my fault?
I don't know anybody in DoD directly. And the entire world is seeing how much our AF is lagging. How many citizens u will call hypocritic & pessimistic?
AF is lagging because of lack of funds. Indias budget needs to be increased. AF is supposed to deal with china+pak, with less than 1/3 of the resources given to chines af alone.
And u should expect common tax payer fan to make mistakes or miss something in an unofficial forum, that's how people discuss. How many people here are even technically graduated to comprehend tech stuff, leave being specifically graduated in aeronautical engineering? Or how many here r working inside the DoD?
Im an engineer in an IIT, part of the aero team. Have family members in DRDO aero projects (Specifically:UAVs) Does that count as enough or do I need to be project manager at HAL to please you?

MonaLazy

1500 trms are including both cheek and main fcr also ??
From wiki..

The N036 radar system is developed by Tikhomirov NIIP Institute and consists of a main nose-mounted X-band AESA radar with 1,514 T/R modules, designated the N036-1-01, and two smaller X-band AESA radars with 404 T/R modules mounted on the sides of the forward fuselage designated N036B-1-01.
As per Sameer Sir's tweet, the modules double approximately in the GaAs to GaN shift. Su-57 will sport nearly double the above numbers once it makes that radar leap. 5x RF power will give us mind numbing range. Mk1 has a gigantic nose for its small size with no IRST to accomodate and Su-30 has a big nose because it is big- these two birds should benefit most by GaN tech.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles