TEDBF or ORCA Updates

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Why cant we take frontal section of tedbf for AMCA it will look lethal...😍😍
Its aerodynamics might be comparable to that of the Rafale/Typhoon/Gripen, which are already deadly. They have already given stealth shaping to the front, more is not needed for China-Pak.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Navalization of AMCA can only happen after the first flight of AMCA Mk1. The task won't be easy, as Naval aircraft requires many changes from air force version. That too if Navy is willing and funds are made available. So we are looking at a time scale of 2035-2040 at the earliest.

Till then, TEDBF being a new and clean sheet design made to suit stringent Naval requirements is the best option.

Also, rather than jumping to AMCA platform 2 different things can be pursued after TEDBF project matures:

1. Making a TEDBF mk2 with as much stealth as possible. Something on the lines of X-36.

2. Making a TEDBF version for vetical take off and landing like F-35 B, to operate from future LHDs.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Navalization of AMCA can only happen after the first flight of AMCA Mk1. The task won't be easy, as Naval aircraft requires many changes from air force version. That too if Navy is willing and funds are made available. So we are looking at a time scale of 2035-2040 at the earliest.

Till then, TEDBF being a new and clean sheet design made to suit stringent Naval requirements is the best option.

Also, rather than jumping to AMCA platform 2 different things can be pursued after TEDBF project matures:

1. Making a TEDBF mk2 with as much stealth as possible. Something on the lines of X-36.

2. Making a TEDBF version for vetical take off and landing like F-35 B, to operate from future LHDs.
Vtol should be focused only after indigenous engine , even us navy is ditching super stealth for carrier operation. F 35 is a nightmare program for.carrier , next generation fixed wing will be focusing on load carrying

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
You know, I wrote most of that article.
Thanks for the effort. I was wondering if you could add the following image to illustrate DSI intakes of TEDBF. It would be great if a short description below the image mentions DSI intakes and possible serpentine ducts in the article.

^ This image would also illustrate the hardpoints and you could add a sub-section on hardpoints and armament carried in the Specifications section.

I am happy that TEDBF also has a serpentine intake.
No official confirmation yet, but it does look like it has a serpentine intake.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Thanks for the effort. I was wondering if you could add the following image to illustrate DSI intakes of TEDBF. It would be great if a short description below the image mentions DSI intakes and possible serpentine ducts in the article.

^ This image would also illustrate the hardpoints and you could add a sub-section on hardpoints and armament carried in the Specifications section.

Yes it has a serpentine intake

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

Yes it has a serpentine intake
I need a reliable source which says it has a serpentine or DSI intake. Only then I can add. Further, this image can't go in lead infobox as it doesn't reveal aircrafts body. It will only go in design and development section.

Hard points, I'm myself looking for source before adding them.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I need a reliable source which says it has a serpentine or DSI intake. Only then I can add. Further, this image can't go in lead infobox as it doesn't reveal aircrafts body. It will only go in design and development section.

Hard points, I'm myself looking for source before adding them.
The model itself is the biggest proof of DSI and Serpentine intake, you can clearly see it as well, the DSI atleast is as visible as the sun in a clear sky.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles