Sukhoi PAK FA

akshay m

Completed preliminary design of the export version of the FGFA fighter
Russia and India have completed the schematic design of the export version of the promising fighter FGFA, the development of which is based on the Russian T-50 (PAK FA). About this in "General staff" "Russian news service" said regional Director for international cooperation of the United aircraft Corporation Andrey Marcincin. According to him, "we already have the documentation and understanding of the scope of the next phase of design".
Other details regarding the export version of the FGFA representative of the KLA did not disclose. Meanwhile, Marchandin told thatmost likely the Indian version of the FGFA will double in contrast to single Russian T-50. This need is due to the fact that "in the difficult conditions of modern war, it is extremely difficult to simultaneously maneuver and shoot at the enemy".

The development of advanced fighter FGFA participates Russian Sukhoi and India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. The share of India in the project defined at the level of 40 percent. Double aircraft FGFA will be armed with the Indian guided missile Astra, as well as supersonic cruise missile BrahMos joint development.

The FGFA prototype developed on the basis of the T-50 (PAK FA) India expects to receive for testing by 2016. Serial production of the aircraft must begin in 2021. In total, the Indian military plans to adopt about 200 fighters of the fifth generation. Their purchase and maintenance is estimated at $ 35 billion.http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...=hIk-WnXJ2FkGvMjUsiW-wA&bvm=bv.83339334,d.c2E

tejas warrior

Country flag
even more strange is IAF not insisting on such twin seat configurations for rafale their pet deep penetration striker on china. If strike fighters don't need twin seats now, will they need it a decade after?
as in case of LCA.. IAF looks not sure of its own future requirements & keep chenging them.. and had almost killed LCA project.

sgarg

Deep strike on China is very difficult even with Rafale. China will throw an array of anti-aircraft systems against India if the situation even become bad.

India will be forced to become defensive against China. A defensive strategy is best strategy against China - that is not let Chinese aircrafts operate in Indian territory. Mobile SAMs will work best for India. Rafale is a very misguided purchase.

akshay m

5th-gen jet, mini missile on agenda as Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoygu heads to Delhi
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
NEW DELHI: Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoygu will arrive here tomorrow on a three-day visit to hold talks with his Indian counterpart Manohar Parrikar and review the ongoing cooperation and future prospects in the crucial sector.
During the talks, the Russian side is expected to raise the issue of the much-delayed joint production of a Fifth- Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) and BrahMos mini-missile.
It is also expected to discuss Russian President Vladimir Putin's offer last month to produce the 'Kamov' military helicopters in India, among other things.
The question of a possible lease of a second nuclear submarine from Russia could also come up in the meeting that is being held just days ahead of US President Barack Obama's visit to the country.
Currently, India operates an 8,140-tonne Akula Class submarine -- renamed the INS Chakra -- which was leased in 2011 from Russia for a period of 10 years.
The issues would feature as part of discussions as the two counterparts chair the 13th meeting of the Russian-Indian Inter-Governmental Commission on Military-Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC).
"The two ministers will review the progress made so far and the future scope," defence sources said.
One of the most important deals in the works between India and Russia at present is the FGFA. A Russian team was in the national capital last month to discuss the deal and iron out any discuss the deal and iron out any differences.
India has said that the basic prototype of the plane is already flying and the Indian version had just a few variations, hence a full-fledged R&D contract would be a waste of time and resources, official sources said.
The preliminary design agreement on the FGFA had been signed in 2010 between HAL and the Russian Sukhoi Design Bureau to build the jet for use by both countries.
But the final R&D contract, which was to be signed by 2012, is still to be finalised. The contract would pave the way for prototype development and flight testing.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Russia is also expected to push for a key deal for the joint development of a BrahMos 'mini missile'. However, sources said that a tripartite agreement in this regard is unlikely to be signed between DRDO, NPOM lab of Russia and BrahMos Aerospace.
The Russian Minister will also be visiting the BrahMos aerospace centre in the national capital
The mini missile will have a speed of Mach 3.5 and can carry a payload of 300-kg up to a range of 290-km. In terms of size, it will be about half that of the present missile, which is around 10-metres long.
BrahMos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture firm set up in 1998, feels that the new missile could be inducted into service by 2017 and there would be a huge market for it in India and Russia and among friendly foreign countries.
The BrahMos missile can be launched from land, air and marine-based platforms.
While the army and navy have already started inducting land and sea-based Brahmos missile systems, the air launch variant is set for trials soon.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Deep strike on China is very difficult even with Rafale. China will throw an array of anti-aircraft systems against India if the situation even become bad.

India will be forced to become defensive against China. A defensive strategy is best strategy against China - that is not let Chinese aircrafts operate in Indian territory. Mobile SAMs will work best for India. Rafale is a very misguided purchase.
I think an offensive posture is better than defensive against China on the part of India. Remember that both countries are armed with nukes and so will be unlikely to have a full scare war. What will happen is a chessboard game between the two, a check and counter-check. The closest you can get to a full scale war is quick and limited confrontations. In this kind of combat scenarios the party with the most offensive trained and equipped forces will inflict the most pain on the other party (and thus claim victory). So you need the most sophisticated weapons and the most intensively trained soldiers to man them.

Defensive posture hasn't really worked particularly well for India against China if your recent history is to be examined. I think this is what China wants India to focus on (defensive) so that it can continue to maintain the initiative.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Do you think those Clone version of S 300 can kill the Rafale. the Rafale doesn't required to Turn on it's AESA radar to Find Ground Based threats .It's have FSO .that can find and Launch the Missiles

@halloweene

lol ..you think we will hold into our Lands to fight against the Chinese ..Do you know why We Numbering the Air Dominance Fighters

@Kunal Biswas Sir I things Army too have Plans to Long march into Chinese Territory in case of war, correct me If I'm wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

sgarg

Do you think those Clone version of S 300 can kill the Rafale. the Rafale doesn't required to Turn on it's AESA radar to Find Ground Based threats .It's have FSO .that can find and Launch the Missiles

@halloweene

lol ..you think we will hold into our Lands to fight against the Chinese ..Do you know why We Numbering the Air Dominance Fighters

@Kunal Biswas Sir I things Army too have Plans to Long march into Chinese Territory in case of war, correct me If I'm wrong
Utter BS. Again the hyping of Rafale capabilities has started.

Send a few Rafales over China on a "deep penetration mission" and then we shall see what happens. Till then keep your mouth shut.

An airborne technology can never compete with ground based technology in power and range, except if AWACS (large plane) is involved.

The terrain is very difficult between India and China. Rafale will achieve NOTHING in India-China war.

sgarg

I think an offensive posture is better than defensive against China on the part of India. Remember that both countries are armed with nukes and so will be unlikely to have a full scare war. What will happen is a chessboard game between the two, a check and counter-check. The closest you can get to a full scale war is quick and limited confrontations. In this kind of combat scenarios the party with the most offensive trained and equipped forces will inflict the most pain on the other party (and thus claim victory). So you need the most sophisticated weapons and the most intensively trained soldiers to man them.

Defensive posture hasn't really worked particularly well for India against China if your recent history is to be examined. I think this is what China wants India to focus on (defensive) so that it can continue to maintain the initiative.
Who are you to tell us what is correct and what is not. You are the most shameless propagandist I have seen commenting on issues that do not concern you at all. What India buys and not buys is none of your concern.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Who are you to tell us what is correct and what is not. You are the most shameless propagandist I have seen commenting on issues that do not concern you at all. What India buys and not buys is none of your concern.
Relax. This is a forum where members get to share their opinions on a lot of matters. Some of those opinions you will agree some you will not. Always try to debate on the issues.

So back to the issue you raised: defensive or offensive, for me it's a no brainer. India must have a well sharpened offensive defense posture with the most sophisticated weapons at the tip. As I said nuke weapons will ensure that the mass conventional assault of the the previous wars will no longer happen, thus the old Soviet doctrine of quantity over quality no longer holds true. What India should be developing is the ability to take the initiative in limited combat against China (example of weapons would be fighter planes that can penetrate Chinese defenses either through stealth or through on board jamming, can lob stealth cruise missiles from stand-off distances, and can network with other assets to press an attack). That means it must be able to strike quickly and brutally on the line or behind Chinese lines. The Indian military must be able to take the initiative in limited wars against China, especially in the air.

Unfortunately for the IAF, the closeness of the Chinese to the Russians might mean that the former would know the characterstics and vulnerabilities of PAK FA even before they are delivered to India. This will not be a good start.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Tactically as well as strategically our objectives are not very far from our borders, Counter attack measures are the marches into Chinese territory in case of any aggression ..

For striking deep into enemy never center is not the task of Aircraft but Multiple Cruise Missile attempts as well as conventional BM ..

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Tactically as well as strategically our objectives are not very far from our borders, Counter attack measures are the marches into Chinese territory in case of any aggression ..
Exactly sir

For striking deep into enemy never center is not the task of Aircraft but Multiple Cruise Missile attempts as well as conventional BM ..

If something Fly above some 300ft Alt can be intercepted by Enemy AD batteries even some third countries AD radars too pick up those Missiles.

So Striking the Assets with Ballistic or Cruise Missile can easily Intercepted if it climbs above some 300ft. If enemy Radars can be Jammed by Friendly Fighters then their ADN are History

the same for US Navy, they won't survive against Brahmos Missiles if fired from our Ships in low altitude .If their E 2 D, EA 6B and Growlers in the Air then Brahmos won't score the Hit, same goes for us too our Barak can engage any Kind of AShM if our Radars not get jammed by enemy Flyers

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Utter BS. Again the hyping of Rafale capabilities has started.

Send a few Rafales over China on a "deep penetration mission" and then we shall see what happens. Till then keep your mouth shut.

An airborne technology can never compete with ground based technology in power and range, except if AWACS (large plane) is involved.

The terrain is very difficult between India and China. Rafale will achieve NOTHING in India-China war.
your complement is not Needed to Promote Rafale for SEAD Mission. You should read the Actual Combat Missions Engaged by Rafale in Syria and Libya

should AEWCS System should needed to Neutralize Ground Based Threats . Oh yeah Israeli's listening too, next time They use their Phalcons to Strike Lebanon and Syria

sgarg

your complement is not Needed to Promote Rafale for SEAD Mission. You should read the Actual Combat Missions Engaged by Rafale in Syria and Libya

should AEWCS System should needed to Neutralize Ground Based Threats . Oh yeah Israeli's listening too, next time They use their Phalcons to Strike Lebanon and Syria
China is NOT Syria and Libya.
It is a crazy idea to buy Rafale for "deep strike missions" inside China.

The actual performance of war will depend on a number of factors. Rafale alone will not count.

sgarg

Exactly sir

If something Fly above some 300ft Alt can be intercepted by Enemy AD batteries even some third countries AD radars too pick up those Missiles.

So Striking the Assets with Ballistic or Cruise Missile can easily Intercepted if it climbs above some 300ft. If enemy Radars can be Jammed by Friendly Fighters then their ADN are History

the same for US Navy, they won't survive against Brahmos Missiles if fired from our Ships in low altitude .If their E 2 D, EA 6B and Growlers in the Air then Brahmos won't score the Hit, same goes for us too our Barak can engage any Kind of AShM if our Radars not get jammed by enemy Flyers
Cruise missile are hard to detect because of their small size. Height alone is not enough reason. And it is virtually impossible for a manned aircraft to fly close to ground in the mountainous terrain of Himalayas.

Rafale is NOT some super-plane. The laws of Physics apply to Rafale too. This illogical and misleading discussion about qualities of Rafale has been going on too long.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
China is NOT Syria and Libya.
Oh yeah I really didn't Know about that . All those Syrian Libyan ADN are Basically Russian Oriented,the same goes for China too, If Rafale can dodge the Libyan ADN then It can dodge the Chinese ADN

Between tell me, Those Chinese Setup-ed ADN all over the Border.

It is a crazy idea to buy Rafale for "deep strike missions" inside China.
We will not Buy Rafale for Only one Mission, who told you that India Buys Rafale because of It's Deep Strike Mission Profile

The actual performance of war will depend on a number of factors. Rafale alone will not count.
I didn't said that Only Rafale can Save India in case of war with China

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Cruise missile are hard to detect because of their small size. Height alone is not enough reason. And it is virtually impossible for a manned aircraft to fly close to ground in the mountainous terrain of Himalayas.
I already told that If Cruise Missiles Climb above some 300ft then it will be Tracked and can easily Destroyed, If they have Aero Stats then Cruise Missiles can't survive and didn't score Much

I agree Fighter Jet can't fly like a low Flying Cruise Missiles .But It can Jam any kind of Radars

Rafale is NOT some super-plane.

I never said It's a Super Plane ,

The laws of Physics apply to Rafale too
Was I break any Law's here ,,Mods Please don't Ban Me

This illogical and misleading discussion about qualities of Rafale has been going on too long.
yes Of course :wtfcat:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is why one must send CM & BM, for such task then manned systems ..

Jamming some 3D AESA rader is not easy, May be a smaller seeker but again their are reservation in that too ..

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Jamming some 3D AESA rader is not easy, May be a smaller seeker but again their are reservation in that too ..

and I heard that Those Sukhoi's Housing Brahmos will also carry SAP 350 Jammers in wingtip for Survivability and Counter Jamming

sgarg

Exactly sir

No. Cruise missile IS THE BEST BET for deep strike. And be certain that China will use cruise missile against India in large numbers.

Rafale is SHEER WASTE OF MONEY. It will not survive against dense SAM network and latest Chinese planes.
Jamming is not so easy as you write, there is a lot of Physics involved.

The attacks on Libya and Syria are quite complex and involve many types of assets. Do you have full knowledge of the battle situation? Can India pull NATO type of battle management? You cannot become a Western country by just buying one type of equipment.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles