Sukhoi PAK FA

Punya Pratap

Country flag
why do India need 2 seater FGFA when PAK FA can do most of the job, why India is stressing on 2 seater
Well IAF believes that a Pilot should focus on flying while the WSO can take care of the weapons delivery...less work load/stress and more eyes and focus as per job delegation!

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Evolution of Sukhoi PAK-FA (T-50) stealth multirole fighter fifth generation | ★ Su-27 ★

On timeline you can see potential evolution for Russian PAK-FA T-50 stealth multirole fighter fifth generation, which will receive code Su-50, when production line starts serial production. By plans, it will happen on January 2016, and will fly under flags of Russia, South Korea, India and Iran.

There are already 5 prototypes. On January 2016 are planed serial production Su-50 for Russain Air Force.During 2016., Sukhoi wants to start producing of special version for Indian Air Force (IAF), which will gets code Su-50E.

If ever South Korean choose to buy Su-50 as their new fighter, they will getting version with local avionics, and jet will get code Su-50EK. Thats "plan" for 2018. year.

Su-50E have chance to get brother twin seat version co-developed with India for IAF around 2020. year.In the same year, Sukhoi plans to share with the world Su-55-FGFAM, modernized version of twin seater.

At the end, around 2022. year Iranians are planning to get their Su-50ES version.

EXPERT

Don't know how South Korea could be a possible buyer for T50, an ally of US is purchasing Russian..

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
How many PAK-FA/FGFA IAF is going to induct and when ? Please can any one help me plz.....I heard we will have PAFA from 2016...:namaste::confused::whoo:

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
No sir , Iran cant afford Su-50s ..........But sure with help from saudi brother's

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Well IAF believes that a Pilot should focus on flying while the WSO can take care of the weapons delivery...less work load/stress and more eyes and focus as per job delegation!
I agree with you .....But it will cost more:shocked::shocked:

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Ok to be clear India gets PAKFA (Su50) and FGFA (Su55)? So we aren't waiting until the next decade to get these planes?

Does the production really start next year?
No sir my friend says we will have PAKFA or FGFA by 2016 or 2018 (i too have doubt on this )

EXPERT

No sir my friend says we will have PAKFA or FGFA by 2016 or 2018 (i too have doubt on this )
you so curious that your name should be SEEKER, anyway we are not seeing any possibility of getting FGFA before 2022-23.

sjmaverick

Country flag
First series of T-50 aircrafts has entered the Russian Air Force
3/02/2015 RIR
The Russian Armed Forces began to accept into service the first fifth-generation aircraft, the T-50 (PAK FA), announced Yury Slyusar, head of the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), on January 30 during an interview on the TV channel Russia-24.
The PAK FA will be subjected to qualification testing directly in the service of the armed forces. Currently, all T-50 prototypes are being tested in special flight centers. Mass delivery of the aircraft to the armed forces is expected in 2016.
The T-50 differs from the 4 and 4++ generation of jet fighters, with the presence of modern radar stations (RLS), which can detect "stealth" technology aircraft. In addition, there is the Himalaya electronic warfare complex and an arsenal of precision weapons, which are also undergoing a series of tests together with the airplane. The new aircraft is invisible to enemy radar: the aircraft manufacturers at Sukhoi succeeded in significantly reducing the PAK FA's radar cross section – the basic characteristic that makes aircraft visible to radars.
According to the Air Force Commander Colonel-General Viktor Bondarev, the new Russian plane concedes nothing to the American F-22.
UAC President Yury Slyusar noted that in 2015, the UAC will achieve maximum capacity for the production of combat aircraft. According to RIA Novosti, the Defense Ministry, the customer of military products, this year expects to receive combat, strategic, military transport, and special aviation equipment.

I wish Tejas had a similar end user attitude towards it...

mseven

First T-50s have begun induction with the Russian Armed Forces.. I can't post links. Search on google. :first:

mseven

First T-50s have begun induction with the Russian Armed Forces.. I can't post links. Search on google. :first:
Source: Official Russia-India Report! It will be found in the next issue of Economic Times!

jouni

Finland trusted Russian jets for over fifty years, the last one being known also to you: trusty old lady MiG-21bis. Very capable and loved by the pilots. Yesterday our defense minister said, that in the future Russian jets are no option for finland. They are not to be trusted. Looks like our Indian friends are most trusting, maybe too much?

Defence Minister: "Russian jets not trustworthy" | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

UUTISET
NEWS
News 6.2.2015 9:43 | updated 6.2.2015 12:28
Defence Minister: "Russian jets not trustworthy"
Regional news conglomerate Lännen Media reports that Minister Carl Haglund says he "does not trust Russia at all" and that he would not back Finland's purchase of Russian fighter jets.

Carl Haglund.
Carl Haglund. Image: Martti Kainulainen / Yle
Defence Minister Carl Haglund says in an interview with joint venture news service Lännen Media that he has "severe doubts" towards Finland buying Russian military equipment. He claims in the paper that there is no way of telling "what back-door systems" have been installed in the planes' components.

"And we can't trust that the jets would be functional in a crisis situation," Haglund goes on. "Would we be able to service and maintain them, or find the right spare parts for them?"

Haglund says that in selecting new military equipment, the decision has to be sound in economic, political and – most importantly, he says – purely technical terms.

In the interview, Haglund says that Russia has proven itself to be "completely untrustworthy" in the past 18 months.

"Russia has severely violated European safety and has flouted international agreements," Haglund says. "Russia says one thing but does another. I do not trust Russia at all, and I could never be in favour of purchasing Russian military jets."

Lännen Media says the working group for a future jet deal is lead by ex-Air Force commander Lauri Puranen. Haglund says that the group has not received political guidance, but that he finds it doubtful that they would propose the purchase of a Russian military aircraft.

The Last Stand

Country flag
Finland trusted Russian jets for over fifty years, the last one being known also to you: trusty old lady MiG-21bis. Very capable and loved by the pilots. Yesterday our defense minister said, that in the future Russian jets are no option for finland. They are not to be trusted. Looks like our Indian friends are most trusting, maybe too much?

UUTISET
NEWS
Regional news conglomerate Lännen Media reports that Minister Carl Haglund says he "does not trust Russia at all" and that he would not back Finland's purchase of Russian fighter jets.

Carl Haglund.
Defence Minister Carl Haglund says in an interview with joint venture news service Lännen Media that he has "severe doubts" towards Finland buying Russian military equipment. He claims in the paper that there is no way of telling "what back-door systems" have been installed in the planes' components.

"And we can't trust that the jets would be functional in a crisis situation," Haglund goes on. "Would we be able to service and maintain them, or find the right spare parts for them?"

Haglund says that in selecting new military equipment, the decision has to be sound in economic, political and – most importantly, he says – purely technical terms.

In the interview, Haglund says that Russia has proven itself to be "completely untrustworthy" in the past 18 months.

"Russia has severely violated European safety and has flouted international agreements," Haglund says. "Russia says one thing but does another. I do not trust Russia at all, and I could never be in favour of purchasing Russian military jets."

Lännen Media says the working group for a future jet deal is lead by ex-Air Force commander Lauri Puranen. Haglund says that the group has not received political guidance, but that he finds it doubtful that they would propose the purchase of a Russian military aircraft.
For you maybe, they are not trustworthy.

Russian jets worked perfectly for us in 71 and 99, full-blown wars and in 99, Pakistani F-16s didn't dare enter Kargil for fear of R-77 armed MiG-29s.

Su-30 performed marvelously at Red Flag, and we have only had problems with spares.

But of course, you would not understand.

We and China are Russia's best customers, any problems and and Russian defence industry will struggle to export the goods.

karn

Country flag

UUTISET
NEWS

Carl Haglund.

You are trying too hard . At this point Finland is hostile to Russia . This would be like saying India does not trust Chinese aircraft .

saik

I think there is a huge possibility for NaMo to rope in France to join FGFA and dump Rafale (If IAF agrees/requirements satisfy). A 3 some joint program is a win-win.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
I think there is a huge possibility for NaMo to rope in France to join FGFA and dump Rafale (If IAF agrees/requirements satisfy). A 3 some joint program is a win-win.
C'mon man , as of today French are trying to deescelate a potential armed conflict with Russia, where does joint co-op between Russia and France come into picture.

Articles