Sukhoi PAK FA

gadeshi

You speak as if You will be taking the decision on the behalf of Russian Govt ,,,,,,,, This is Modi My Friend not any tom , dick , Harry or Manmohan whom You were able to easily scare away ..... This is a game of negotiations not emotions .... Russia will lose it in the end ,,, You have no idea what a Gujarati is capable of :)
Gujarati will pay as always.
The point is only in the following:
1 - Who Gujarati will pay to (US, Russia, EU);
2 - For what to pay (real things + TOT and no restrictions in Russian case, no TOT, much expenses + crippling usage restrictions in US case and little partial TOT + bigger-than-US expenses + lesset-than-US restrictions in EU case);
The other things will doughtly change while enormous non-State controlled private agents will rule the defence industry and orders.
There are no emotions here. Russians create real weapons and propose real deals (JV or purchase whatever). They say take it as is (and we will be some agile in customization) or reject it at all.
That was all the time Russia/USSR is on weapons market.

kstriya

Country flag
You speak as if You will be taking the decision on the behalf of Russian Govt ,,,,,,,, This is Modi My Friend not any tom , dick , Harry or Manmohan whom You were able to easily scare away ..... This is a game of negotiations not emotions .... Russia will lose it in the end ,,, You have no idea what a Gujarati is capable of :)
I think NaMo's team will come with a great deal for Russia. We might go for a completely new aircraft which we will design and develop with Russian's.

sukhish

just like he negotiated his way out of NSG membership.

sukhish

Wait until Modi's RUSSIA visit.
Everything will be more clear before/during the visit.
after modi's russia visit, russia will start building all its military planes in India, even for its own military. it will also give transfer of technology before the next parliament election cycle. I think T-50 production line has already been shifted to India even before his visit. during his visit an MOU of sixth generation fighter aircraft will be signed.

hold on guys modi is going with his largest delegation to russia , just like he sent largest delegation to olympics.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
It seems deal is dead.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Butter Chicken

Country flag
It seems deal is dead.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
It is not,both sides are playing hardball,India wants full production,ToT and export rights whereas Russia wants the deal to be similar to Su-30 MKI deal.Russia will ultimately realise that Modi govt. is here to stay and will sign the deal

gadeshi

just like he negotiated his way out of NSG membership.
I've negotiated my way with Sukhoi open source statements and KnAAZ insiders directly :)

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1726745850950825&substory_index=0&id=1522309721394440

PAKFA L402 HIMALAYAS ELECTRONIC WARFARE SYSTEM ~ JAMS ALL

The L 402 Himalayas Electronic Warfare Station of PAK-FA is one of the best active protection systems.

The L 402 Himalayas Electronic counter measure system. That uses it's own arrays and all 6 radars of PAK-FA's byelka system to execute electronic attack. The antennas can operate in various frequencies and can jam various enemy RF based systems at a same time. Completely hindering the situational awareness advantage which the enemy may have.

1. It can jam enemy missiles in way that it severs communication ties with the radar guiding it. Disrupting the fire control system of enemy.

2 It can jam satellite navigation and weapons guided by it.

3 It can jam enemy's ground based or enemy fighter's radar.

4 It can jam communication links of enemies that are used to transfer data in between them.

5 It can also make enemy Identification Friend or Foe systems , do malfunctioning.

THE MAIN NOTABLE THING is that it uses multiple arrays making it work against multiple frequencies at a same time. It has 360° coverage.

The F 22 Raptor's AN/APG 77 AESA radar can focus all it's arrays in a single frequency and direct them into enemy sensors making them unreliable for targeting. It can "fry" enemy sensors and ground based radars. While such an electronic attack is going on the APG 77 then cannot be used for search and track functions. This thingy works only 60° in frontal side.

A clear thing that Sukhoi PAK-FA makes up a better electronic attack aircraft than F 22 Raptor. This is how the 'anti-stealth' concept works. Where the advantage of first look and first shoot doesn't pour benefits when the enemy keeps himself unaffected by any attack.

#NGWT

StealthFlanker

Country flag
A nice video
Not terrible like the video in Rafale thread but there are some mistake:
1) PAK-FA is very flat because it uses the similar tunnel design as Su-27, generally long, flat aircraft has better drag characteristic in supersonic regime. The flat characteristic of the aircraft has very little to do with RCS reduction. While in theory a slightly smaller object can have smaller RCS, the effect is very tiny compared radar absorbing material or shaping. If Sukhoi wanted to get better stealth they would have gone with fixed inlet and engine nacelles close together instead of the variable inlet and tunnel nacelles. Seem like the priority here is supersonic performer over signature
2) the vertical stabilizer on PAK-FA is smaller than Raptor because the whole thing can be steered unlike on F-22 design. So a smaller stabilizer will give less drag.
3) the side looking array is likely for SAR, not for air target. This is indeed very unique
4) The radar assessment is overly simplified.

I seen his other video too.Similarly, his overall layout isn't so bad. But he made varius critical mistakes here and there. Which decrease the total quality of his work a lot
1) Even AN/AWG-9 can engage 6 targets at a time, there is no way APG-77 would be limited to 2 targets at a time. Especially when you consider the scan rate of electronically scanned array
2) UV sensor cannot detect radar wave, that is not their purpose. They are missiles warning sensors
3) Iam not sure why he put in missiles like K-77M , K-MD and Izdlye-810 but then left out AIM-120C-8, T-3 and SACM ? honest mistake or intentional bias ?
4) Function of the L band on PAK-FA seem to be similar to ASQ-239
5) With LOAL, AIM-9X block II can be launched from any aspect, it is also has a public range of 40 km. Secondly R-73 and various version of it only uses two-color infrared seeker while AIM-9X uses imaging infrared. He should have mentioned that instead of ignore it
6) Compare aircraft agility with the so-called 9G , 11G limit is simply wrong
7) Lower wing loading is not necessary an advantage for sustain turn, especially at low altitude. Because more wing area result in more drag
8) 101Ks-V does not use 15 microns wavelength, the transmission of such wavelength is terrible

9) the 60 degrees limit of AESA , PESA is 60 degrees off boresight or in other wordsd 120 degrees in total

Last edited:

gadeshi

PAK FA will use K74M2 or izdeliye 760,not R 73, it is a mistake
PAK FA is using R-74M-2 (Item 760) for now, but will use Item 780 or K-300 or K-MD (export) when it'll be ready in 2018 (on the state trials now).
It has IIR seeker just like AIM-9X.
K-300 has bispectral (IR+UV) imaging (matrix) seeker.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

StealthFlanker

Country flag
T-3 and SACM are presently just concept and technology feasibility study has started this year , but AIM 120D should have been included but till now only USN is taker of it
he made somewhat decent analysis and the animation is good i would give him that .But all iam saying is: either he should include experiment/in development weapons for both aircraft or only talk about weapons currently in mass production. That way the video would seem a lot fairer.

Bahamut

he made somewhat decent analysis and the animation is good i would give him that .But all iam saying is: either he should include experiment/in development weapons for both aircraft or only talk about weapons currently in mass production. That way the video would seem a lot fairer.
He is in Russian defence forum by user name HM1199. You can go ask him about it?

StealthFlanker

Country flag
He is in Russian defence forum by user name HM1199. You can go ask him about it?
I have no account there and to be honest I can't be bothered. If i find every YouTuber and tell them where they do wrong then i would have no free time.

Articles