Sukhoi PAK FA

Bahamut

Why does the PAK FA have so many rivets showing ?

Also is it true that the PAK FA doesn't have S-ducts ? Aren't the these 2 things bad for steatlh

And finally is Sukhoi really aiming for an RCS of 0.1-1m^2 ? That would make it a lot more visible to the Radar than say F-35/22.

Can someone clarify.
Rivets are for prototype, the production aircraft will be cleaner.
S ducts have problems in giving engine air supply at speed greater then mach 2,leaving engine starving for Oxygen so ,it was decide not to have them.
That is the overall (average ) RCS, of the plane ,even F 22 has 0.01 -1 m^2 in average for X band,but in other band is is higher.

gadeshi

More hi-res photos about the beauty:
T-50-4 (1-04) in GLITs Weapons and Tactics Testing Center (Akhtubinsk):

T-50-3 (1-03) in GLITs also:

And T-50-2 in Akhtubinsk also:

and T-50-1 (1-01) in the same place:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Guys there is news that Russia & India have reached agreement for FGFFA

Now the french are throwing in Rafale M to justify price cuts to india for their other overseas customers. Modi govt by leaking the news that they have arrived at FGFA agreement with russia is just putting Dassault in the hot seat.

With 100 tejas mk1A & FGFA in 7 years the "BURNING NEED for a MIDDLE(finger) weight category fighter in IAF" is non existent.

It is all together a brilliant show by modi govt. They just timed it like Sachin does with his straight sixes in his glory years.

Make tejas mk1 complete a vertical loop in 16 seconds & a minimum turn radius with in 350 meters at 160 knots, announce the FGFA deal on the eve of Holande visit to put extreme pressure on France.

If the France couldn't offer discount they will let negotiations meander to nothinmess and buy a few additional scorpenes and close the chapter.

if the french agrees then lot of rafale tech will be available for AMCA

I got my votes worth !!!

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Guys there is news that Russia & India have reached agreement for FGFFA

Now the french are throwing in Rafale M to justify price cuts to india for their other overseas customers. Modi govt by leaking the news that they have arrived at FGFA agreement with russia is just putting Dassault in the hot seat.

With 100 tejas mk1A & FGFA in 7 years the "BURNING NEED for a MIDDLE(finger) weight category fighter in IAF" is non existent.

It is all together a brilliant show by modi govt. They just timed it like Sachin does with his straight sixes in his glory years.

Make tejas mk1 complete a vertical loop in 16 seconds & a minimum turn radius with in 350 meters at 160 knots, announce the FGFA deal on the eve of Holande visit to put extreme pressure on France.

If the France couldn't offer discount they will let negotiations meander to nothinmess and buy a few additional scorpenes and close the chapter.

if the french agrees then lot of rafale tech will be available for AMCA

I got my votes worth !!!
ersakthivel : Just a query....
If I am correct Russians have to deliver 3 prototypes in three years time once the cost negotiations are complete
Will we be able to see FGFA active in IAF in 7 Years?
--> Engine is the main issue here as per me . AL-41F1 engines are not trustworthy as per our IAF will they be able to develop another better engine or IAF will settle for the same.
-->Work share: I think there are still some points which are on table for discussion in regard to this as no official news is out yet.

Though I totally support you at "BURNING NEED for a MIDDLE(finger) weight category fighter in IAF".

and that too when you yourself are planning to develop your own AMCA.
Earlier the reason was stated that they will get tech in the form of Rafale now even that is not on the cards.

Last point:

-->Given the HAL performance do you believe that we will get remaining 99 Tejas in next 7 years i.e. next 2557 days starting today(1/25/2016 to 1/25/2023 ).

nirranj

Country flag
Moscow and Delhi to invest $8 billion in 5th generation fighters https://www.rt.com/business/330026-india-russia-fighter-aircraft/

The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Russian aircraft manufacturer Sukhoi have agreed to develop an Indo-Russian fifth generation fighter aircraft (FGFA). Negotiators made a breakthrough last month deciding to lower investment cost to $4 billion for each country.
The deal opens the prospect of producing 250 FGFAs to replace the multirole Sukhoi-30MKI fighter, according to the source in India’s Ministry of Defence as quoted by Business Standard.

The 2008 deal is projected to cost each country $6 billion, adjusted for inflation. India’s state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics and Russia’s Sukhoi have agreed to cut costs by 40 percent to $4 billion each over seven years.

The countries will invest $1 billion in the first year and another $500 million in each of the following six years.
In the meantime, India is negotiating with France on buying 36 multirole Rafale fighters for a price yet to be negotiated. French President Francois Hollande arrives in Delhi on Monday to sort out the financial details.

However, with the agreement reached between India and Russia and Rafale's projected astronomical cost, the spotlight could go back to the Indo-Russian fighter, according to spokesman from India’s Ministry of Defence.

john70

Country flag
A nice video of PakFa. Possibly unseen.
The commentary is in Russsian I suppose... But the overall message visually understandable.

Global Defence

Articles