Sukhoi PAK FA

Scarface

Why? What's wrong now except the cost?
Could be anything ,
But it might be the Stealth aspect,for a stealth aircraft it's not very stealthy. Atleast not when put in perspective of the F-22.

PAK FA patent analysis shows that Sukhoi is aiming for a 0.1-1m^2 RCS

While the F-22 is supposed to have an RCS of a metal marble which was calculated to be 0.0001m^2.

Shouldn't be such a big issue IMO,The PAK FA has a great IRST and should mitigate some of the Raptors advantage if we view things from a myopic "F-22 vs PAK FA" point of view.

But a low RCS has other advantages.

It's still better and stealthier than any 4++Gen aircraft still,because it's RCS doesn't increase with the combat load thanks to internal bays.

nirranj

Country flag
But why should india worry about F22 Raptors which are out of production and are not going to be pitted against our planes? In my opinion T50 ideally suits our requirements. Just learn things by paying to Russia, buy 100+ planes, and start working on the AMCA. This stupid indecision or delaying decision making process that IAF follows is what depleting its inventory.

Scarface

But why should india worry about F22 Raptors which are out of production and are not going to be pitted against our planes? In my opinion T50 ideally suits our requirements. Just learn things by paying to Russia, buy 100+ planes, and start working on the AMCA. This stupid indecision or delaying decision making process that IAF follows is what depleting its inventory.

Because IAF has to consider the possibility we might see Chinese stealth fighters fielded by Pakistan,and China herself.

One of which is a plagiarized F-35,which also happens to be stealthier than what PAK FA is aiming for and we know very less about the second stealth fighter J-20 because of Chinese secrecy,it might be a very good stealth fighter or a lemon,but it's better to be prepared for the former.

And keep in mind this is just hot speculation from my side. IAF may have meant something else entirely when they said that they weren't sure about it's capabilities.

But the only problems I can see with the PAK FA is that it's not very stealthy and engine reliability compared to western aircraft but the second one is an issue with all Russian fighters not just the PAK FA in specific

I'd still go for it,108 looks like a good number.PAK FA is still better than Rafale and can be used to fill in the MRCA gap. But I don't know how that would work out since it's supposed to be a dedicated Air Superiority Fighter and Rafale a multirole.

Let's see what happens

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Well, Sukhoi could easily have incorporated more stealth but its willful ignorance on stealth says many things e.g. stealth is overrated or not that important.

Scarface

Well, Sukhoi could easily have incorporated more stealth but its willful ignorance on stealth says many things e.g. stealth is overrated or not that important.
For an overrated technology, the rest of the world including Russia/Sukhoi seems to be working very hard to get in on the Stealth fighter action,Japan,We ourselves, The Koreans, The Chinese, Taiwan, Iran and I think even Brazil wants in on it.

Sukhoi could have "easily" made it stealthy on their current budget ? I doubt that.

gadeshi

For an overrated technology, the rest of the world including Russia/Sukhoi seems to be working very hard to get in on the Stealth fighter action,Japan,We ourselves, The Koreans, The Chinese, Taiwan, Iran and I think even Brazil wants in on it.

Sukhoi could have "easily" made it stealthy on their current budget ? I doubt that.
It's not about a budget.
Sukhoi has found another implementation of stealth principals than we can see on american planes (another materials, RAMs tiers inside skin/structural parts sandwich, materials with programmable properties, etc.).
And of course Sukhoi has aoplied reasonable stealth which diesn't harm the flight package.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

salute

Could be anything ,
But it might be the Stealth aspect,for a stealth aircraft it's not very stealthy. Atleast not when put in perspective of the F-22.

PAK FA patent analysis shows that Sukhoi is aiming for a 0.1-1m^2 RCS

While the F-22 is supposed to have an RCS of a metal marble which was calculated to be 0.0001m^2.

Shouldn't be such a big issue IMO,The PAK FA has a great IRST and should mitigate some of the Raptors advantage if we view things from a myopic "F-22 vs PAK FA" point of view.

But a low RCS has other advantages.

It's still better and stealthier than any 4++Gen aircraft still,because it's RCS doesn't increase with the combat load thanks to internal bays.
but pakfa is not fgfa, is it ???

pakfa gonna under 43 improvements to become fgfa,

that was the plan,

and one of those improvements must be its stealth.

salute

iran making 5th generation stealth jet, :laugh:

jk ??? :laugh:

what tech or industries they got to make 5th generation jets other than putting up fake mock ups. :laugh:

Scarface

but pakfa is not fgfa, is it ???

pakfa gonna under 43 improvements to become fgfa,

that was the plan,

and one of those improvements must be its stealth.
How would we do it though ? improve Stealth that is.

S-ducts could reduce RCS to some extent, but that would require serious changes in the airframe.Which I doubt are viable.The PAK FA is already RAM coated wherever possible.

Most of the changes in FGFA will be twin seater and other associated changes.
iran making 5th generation stealth jet, :laugh:

jk ??? :laugh:

what tech or industries they got to make 5th generation jets other than putting up fake mock ups. :laugh:
They're trying at least

salute

@Scarface

if iran wants to try for anything they should try to make fake mock up thats should good enough to fool atleast ordinary people if not aviation experts,
instead to claim to be 'trying' for 5th generation stealth jets.

Scarface

@Scarface

if iran wants to try for anything they should try to make fake mock up thats should good enough to fool atleast ordinary people if not aviation experts,
instead to claim to be 'trying' for 5th generation stealth jets.

You underestimate the ease with which people get swayed.
But the point was that every Tom, Dick and Harry wants to have this steatlh tech which is being both downplayed and overplayed

nirranj

Country flag
maybe if its gonna be last russian jet purchased by india.
So may be Russians are not interested in this project themselves and are working on something even better. So they may be wanting to unload this plane for 3.7 billion dollars. Anyhow India is already building SU-30MKI in India under TOT. They are not going to lose anything in this route. We will mate their design with India specific avionics and other electronics as in Su-30 MKI.

rohit b3

Country flag

So are we getting full technology transfer?
India will keep taking ToTs and manufacturing in India. It started on from the 1980s Mig21 , Mig27s, Jaguars and the Su30MKIs. No need to jointly work or develop anything. And we Indians are awfully proud of that. Buy RUSSIAN jets, Buy AMERICAN jets and we wanna be a "Superpower". Lol. No wonder India's average IQ is 82.

Indibomber

Work with SAAB on FGFA! They know about fighter planes and we will learn a lot. Lets dump both T50 and F35.
In the mean time we can increase the number of Su30 and speed up induction of LCA. India is not going for a war soon enough.

Scarface

Work with SAAB on FGFA! They know about fighter planes and we will learn a lot. Lets dump both T50 and F35.
In the mean time we can increase the number of Su30 and speed up induction of LCA. India is not going for a war soon enough.

SAAB knows precisely nothing about making a Fifth Gen Fighter. They're good at making cheap and easy to operate entry level aircraft for poor nations who face no real threats but for India who's got Pakis on side and and their Big brother China ,cost isn't an issue.Security is.

I mean SAAB hasn't even tried their hand at a Fifth Gen Fighter themselves let alone help us.

Sukhoi on the other hand has some experience thanks to the S-37 prototype.

Global Defence

Articles