Sukhoi PAK FA

gadeshi

Got it. In layman term, the waves just keep on bouncing in the layer of the RAM due to its structure and doesn't return back to the receiver. But this in return should create heat in the surface, or is it just my theory?
Exactly.
Thats why there are problem places and panels only include extensive RAMs usage.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yeah...... that would be a big problem for extensive use of it, as the heat emission would throw the stealth concept out of window. So the point is a clever design of low RCS with RAM complementing it in places.

gadeshi

Extensive structural RAMs usage are in wing, tailplanes, fins and fuselage leading edges, air intake edges and air duct walls, canopy parallax parts and radar antennaes openings.
All the other skin and bones parts have one to three layers in sandwich.

gadeshi

But we have not only RAMs to help us to be stealthy :)
There are some materials with changeable and controllable electrodynamic properties that reflect or absorb if activated by special modulated electrical flows...

Chinmoy

Country flag
But we have not only RAMs to help us to be stealthy :)
There are some materials with changeable and controllable electrodynamic properties that reflect or absorb if activated by special modulated electrical flows...

But I think the challenge here would be to reflect or absorb the different frequencies which would be hitting it. Does the AI system in T-50 does have this ability to segregate the frequencies bombarded in it? I think it would be a technological leap, if something like this is incorporated in a system.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Sorry if this has been posted earlier and I would request mods to remove it if its a repost. But its a worthy watch.

gadeshi

Sorry if this has been posted earlier and I would request mods to remove it if its a repost. But its a worthy watch.

Was 3 times earlier :)

gadeshi

But I think the challenge here would be to reflect or absorb the different frequencies which would be hitting it. Does the AI system in T-50 does have this ability to segregate the frequencies bombarded in it? I think it would be a technological leap, if something like this is incorporated in a system.
Relax man :)
All the RF stealth works in X-Band only due to the fact that DM (L-Band) and especially M (meter waves) have wave length greaterq than plane parts linear sizes, which creates edge wave spikes when long wawe touches the part edge no matter the RAMs usage.
That's why Russian AD do not affraid US stealth planes :)

Chinmoy

Country flag
Relax man :)
All the RF stealth works in X-Band only due to the fact that DM (L-Band) and especially M (meter waves) have wave length greaterq than plane parts linear sizes, which creates edge wave spikes when long wawe touches the part edge no matter the RAMs usage.
That's why Russian AD do not affraid US stealth planes :)

You mean stealth doesn't work for L, S and C-band radar?

halloweene

There are some rumors about plasma emitters in air intakes before engine compressors, but not confirmed yet.

i checked with an ONERA researcher. Plasma stalth IS doable, but at extreme price.

gadeshi

i checked with an ONERA researcher. Plasma stalth IS doable, but at extreme price.
Not at all :)
Plasma stealth is cheaper than you think but is technically complex to do in the high speed airflow.

gadeshi

You mean stealth doesn't work for L, S and C-band radar?
Stealth works bad for L and doesn't work at all for S and C bands, yes.
Planes must be HUGE to make their parts bigger than wave length ;)

Chinmoy

Country flag
Stealth works bad for L and doesn't work at all for S and C bands, yes.
Planes must be HUGE to make their parts bigger than wave length ;)

Then why all these rackus with all these stealth? All the AWACS and ground based RADARs do work in L band or S band as far as I know. It means maximum of these would be visible at 400km or so in RADAR.

Shirman

Country flag
Not at all :)
Plasma stealth is cheaper than you think but is technically complex to do in the high speed airflow.

I heard that Su-34 has some kind of plasma stealth features installed in circa 2007 when all this plasma stealth stuff became a buzzword on various defence forums sites on the net, they were going to apply it on Su-35 in 2009 but instead they went for L265 Khibiny-M electronic jammer pod while introducing and perfecting SAP-14 and SAP-518 jammer pods during Dubai airshow 2009 at the same time i remember Boeing was working F-15 “Silent Eagle” i think ,i don’t know whats the status now but it can be doable in the future and can be applied on PAKFA to increase its stealth characteristics

gadeshi

Then why all these rackus with all these stealth? All the AWACS and ground based RADARs do work in L band or S band as far as I know. It means maximum of these would be visible at 400km or so in RADAR.
The bigger is wave length, the lower detection accuracy is. S-bands can tell you that something is in particular airspace place +- 5-7 km. But they cannot aim a missile, so aiming stations are X-Band only.
However, long wave radars give us situational awareness good enough to discover a threat and track it until the fire possibility and/or send a fighters there to deal with it.
Enemy stealth fighters effective when their foe doesn't know they are there, but if our fighter knows where the bogie is, it can use certain tactics (inckuding ECM) against the enemy in time and build a fight from a lucrative positions.

Chris Jude

Country flag
Your claims have little sense because of the following:
1 - India has not participated or financed PAK FA project at all. PAK FA has started in 2004, its concept, design and funding are 100% Russian from that day till now.
2 - Russia has proposed to India a JV on it in 2002, but it was rejected.
3 - No offence, guys, but Indian engineers have no enough qualification, skills and experience for such a project. You have not finished 20 times more simple light Tejas fighter to usable status. You cannot give anything new or useful to the project.
4 - As was stated in previous, Indian engineers should learn a lot first to take reliable responsibilities second. So, the preliminary contracts include mainly TOT and learning, accompanied with concept modelling and calculations jobs. This is hell of a job to model and mathematically prove the Indian vision on FGFA before invest time and money into it.
5 - India has joined the project in 2010 after the first flight. E.G., in the moment when all the concepts and design were ready. And lndians were the first and only foreigners, who have seen PAKFA from within (Even Russian public is not allowed to know what's inside the weapons bays and engine intakes). What is it if not the partnership and great trust?
6 - Consider the first contracts as paid education before the real jobs. There would be LOTS of tasks not only for FGFA itself, but for T-50 platform as a whole.

Leave alone our engineers designing the FGFA, if they had the metel lets see when the AMCA COMES OUT, because LCA itself took 30 years to fly as a prototype, our Defence Public Sector Units should be corpratised which will start making them responsible for developing real efficient systems and will be time bound.

Chris Jude

Country flag

Global Defence

Articles