Sukhoi PAK FA

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Guess you haven't seen the " Pugachev cobra" manoeuvre by our planes and pilots are capable of, even the Americans agreed to that during the last Red Flag excercise using a mig 21!
:confused1:
Ahem! What do actually mean?

If you misunderstood my post, I actually pointed out that all fighters with greater than 1 TWR can do that. Of course Sukhoi 27 series can do rhe cobra with its high TWR.

Chris Jude

Country flag
wait till the T50 gets the Izd 30 engine

and besides

the Mig 29 has been doing that takeoff that the F22 did for ??????years???? decades??:)

and the mig does it more energetically than the Raptor

Nice information that the Mig 29 was more capable of pulling of that stunt better, thanks!

Chris Jude

Country flag
If you misunderstood my post, I actually pointed out that all fighters with greater than 1 TWR can do that. Of course Sukhoi 27 series can do rhe cobra with its high TWR.
They are getting a new engine with a higher TWR don't know the specs yet

Chris Jude

Country flag
I think IAF has found a SIXTH GENERATION ERR MAYBE SEVENTH GENERATION FIGHTER IN RAFALE. Or maybe the under table developments (BRIBES) are too much to ignore that even national interests are being ignored by these TRAITORS. They oodling for a 4.5 generation fighter at a cost of more than double the cost cost of 5th generation fighters. Either they are incompetent or at best traitors. This definitely amounts to treason. Rafale deal should be called off, heads should be rolled in IAF and government should consider increasing orders for TEJAS and in the meanwhile as a stop gap MIG 35 should be considered at $35 million it's a steal and we can get 189 MIGS well under $10 billion to raise 9 squadorns, which i suppose will give numbers plus added security. Klimov is already offering 3d vector thrusting technology transfer to India and latest klimove RD 33 engine develops 103KN, a little more tweaks and it can be converted into 5th gen engine which can be used for AMCA. but IAF has poor vision and are now clearly acting like traitors.
Precisely and aptly said my friend!

gadeshi

Cobra is not about high TWR, but about a perfect wortex aerodynamics allowing it to stay controllable up to 120 degs AOA.
MiG-21 cannot do it even if it will get TWR 10:1.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Chinmoy

Country flag
Guess you haven't seen the " Pugachev cobra" manoeuvre by our planes and pilots are capable of, even the Americans agreed to that during the last Red Flag excercise using a mig 21
I hope you mean Mig 29..................................

rothanislam

For the sake of posterity the new thread is opened on the occasion of testing of PAK-FA. Old thread here

Lenta.ru: Оружие: Первый полет российского истребителя пятого поколения отложили на день

First flight of fifth-generation fighter was postponed for a day

First flight of fifth-generation fighter delayed. It is reported by Interfax, citing a source in the headquarters of the Far East Air Force and Air Defense Association. The reasons for the test date was moved were not disclosed.
It was planned that the first flight of the fighter will be held on Thursday, January 28. This, in particular, stated the Chief of the aviation safety of the Armed Forces Minister Sergei Bynet. The official told Interfax, the plane ready for takeoff, "but it was decided to postpone the flight for tomorrow."

Earlier it was reported that the first flight of PAK FA (promising aviation complex of Frontal Aviation, also known as T-50 and article 701) will make the airfield aviation production association "Dry" in Komsomolsk-on-Amur. At the end of December 2009 it became known that tests fighters have already begun. It was reported that the plane made the first jogging at the airfield in Komsomolsk-on-Amur.

In September 2009, Deputy Defense Minister Vladimir Popovkin said that the Armed Forces are planning to purchase the fifth generation fighter in 2015. But he did not specify how many of these aircraft will Russia's Air Force.

OKB Sukhoi is developing a multifunctional fifth generation fighter with a late 90-ies. It is reported that the new aircraft will be equipped with precision weapons. He can hit both air and ground targets regardless of weather and time of day. Also, the fighter will differ maneuverability and low visibility in the optical, infrared and radar wavelengths.

Official data on the technical characteristics of the new fighter were not disclosed. It is assumed that the aircraft will be able to reach a maximum speed of over 2 thousand kilometers per hour, and range PAK FA will be 5.5 thousand kilometers. Also reported that the fighter can take off and land using a runway length of 300-400 meters.
Hay "
plugwater" thank you so much for this helpful post. I have got a great solution with your post!

gadeshi

Anything special planned for it?
Yeah, 1-06-2 fitst flight.
T-50-6-2 (1-06-2) is the first preproduction aircraft with full radar antennaes complect, full set of EOTS units and complete ESM/ECM suits. And the most interesting - the first T-50 with full RAM and dielectric top coat applied.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yeah, 1-06-2 fitst flight.
T-50-6-2 (1-06-2) is the first preproduction aircraft with full radar antennaes complect, full set of EOTS units and complete ESM/ECM suits. And the most interesting - the first T-50 with full RAM and dielectric top coat applied.

So would there be any extensive testing of the stealth feature in real time flight?

Scarface

Why does the PAK FA have so many rivets showing ?

Also is it true that the PAK FA doesn't have S-ducts ? Aren't the these 2 things bad for steatlh

And finally is Sukhoi really aiming for an RCS of 0.1-1m^2 ? That would make it a lot more visible to the Radar than say F-35/22.

Can someone clarify.

Global Defence

Articles