Su-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkat

Malaysia To Receive Brand-New Russian Fighters
The commander-in-chief of the Royal Malaysian Air Force said the Su-30-MKM was now the best fourth-generation multi-role fighter in the world.

by Yury Zaitsev
Moscow (RIA Novosti) Jul 19, 2007
Malaysia will receive the first 12 of its order of 18 Sukhoi Su-30-MKM Flanker fighters, the most advanced versions of the Su-27 warplane, before the year is out. The Su-30-MKM embodies the best achievements of the Russian aircraft industry and has the most advanced European avionics. The Malaysian version is based on the Su-30-MKI, earmarked for India, but features different equipment and an electric remote control system.

Unlike the Indian version, the Su-30-MKM features a laser warning system and missile detectors. Two Russian-made active jamming systems are located inside wing-tip containers, and the fighter also has passive jamming systems featuring dipole reflectors and 98 decoys against heat-seeking missiles in the tail section.

The Malaysian version has more Russian-made components than the Su-30-MKI because Indian and Israeli systems have been removed from it. However, the Su-30-MKM features additional French-made systems.

Russia's Bars (Snow Leopard) phased-array radar can simultaneously track at least 15 aerial targets and directs fire against four of them at a time. Moreover, it can also effectively detect ground targets.

The Su-30-MKM features the same guided weapons as the Su-30-MKI.

Malaysia has become the second country to purchase these supersonic, super-agility fighters with vectored-thrust engines. The capabilities of this version may well exceed those of the Su-30 aircraft supplied to India.

Dato' Sri Aziran bin Ariffin, commander-in-chief of the Royal Malaysian Air Force, said the Su-30-MKM was now the best fourth-generation multi-role fighter in the world.

Yury Zaitsev is an academic adviser at the Russian Academy of Engineering Sciences.

The opinions expressed in this article are the author's and do not necessarily represent those of RIA Novosti.

Source: RIA Novosti

AJSINGH

can anyone tell me in detail what is the difference between SU-30MKI & the malaysian SU-30MKM. which one is better theoretically???
The Su-30MKI represents the ultimate zenith of the Su-30M series & probably more advanced than any whole-Russian Su-30 variant.

neo29

guys dont u think that the production line in HAL is slow. they shud start more production line to make fighters faster. they yet to make 140 su30 mki's not to mention lca mark2 scheduled for 2011-12.
and they also will be making the fighter chosen from mmrca competition. With 3 fighters to be made in next 3 4 years they shud surely increase their production capacity.

Also i have been hearing the number of su30 mki as 105-120 last 3 years. havent they made any during these 3 years and inducted it ???? or is it a secret ?????

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
now what is this :) :I think Chief is indirectly saying we have 130 operational and 150 more to be added hence the 280 number plus 50 more were planned right?

IAF to induct more than 150 Sukhois

The Indian Air Force (IAF) will soon induct more than 150 Sukhoi Su-30 MKI combat jets and 80 Mi-17-1V medium-lift helicopters as part of a massive drive to boost its capabilities, a top military commander said on Wednesday.

nandu

You r right neo HAL sud have more production line so that they can manufacture more aircraft and arrest fall of squdran strength of IAF.

neo29

true nitesh ... but in last 3 years .. atleast 40 mki shud have been inducted ... or is it that its already been manufactured and iaf wants to induct a whole lot together in one shot????

ppgj

now what is this :) :I think Chief is indirectly saying we have 130 operational and 150 more to be added hence the 280 number plus 50 more were planned right?
according to MOD we have 98 mki's as of july 09.

Replying to supplementaries during the Question Hour, Antony said since 1996 IAF has procured 98 Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter aircraft.
India plans to double SU-30 MKI fleet: Rediff.com India News

and by 2015 to be 230. as for public knowledge goes the 50 additional is still not firm order. even if it is firm, then it will only total to 280.
a bit of a confusion from your above lines because it somehow leads to 330. or if i missed something? can you clarify to clear me.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
true nitesh ... but in last 3 years .. atleast 40 mki shud have been inducted ... or is it that its already been manufactured and iaf wants to induct a whole lot together in one shot????
As per previous confirmed reports IAF has 100 or 105 operational MKI's so it seems this number is increased and rest are getting manufactured in HAL (to be inducted till 2014-2015) there is a separate proposal going round for 50 more MKI's

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
First I would like to say that the details of the cost of Su-30MKI is/seems broadly correct. The old CAG report which was later pulled from the website stated that cost was around US$ 30million with around 1/3rd for ground support equipment whiche gels with US$ 22.5million dollar unit (fly away?) cost cited by some posters. In around 10-14 years around 50% to 100% hike is normal and new cost may be US$ 45 million (with ground support or not?). I think/guess that today the fly away unit cost is around US$ 45million while the package can be around US$ 60million or so. Which will match with F-15/18 or Gripen whose fly away unit cost are estimated at US$ 50-60million with package costs of around US$ 100million. With Rafale and EF i would estimate around 75million US$ as fly away unit cost with US$ 125-150 as package cost. I thik that F-16s would be broadly in the range of Su-30MKI costs with big enough order.

Similary with LCA I think that fly away cost would be around US$ 25-30million.

I am slightly confused about Su-30MKI numbers

10+40+140 = 190 are done deal with some (18?) to be replaced with new units for additional cost of US$ 270 million(?). But is additional 40+50 = 280 are also done deal? I thought even from additional 40 only 20 were firm deal which means only around 190+20=210?

I think that MCA & FGFA are going to enter squadron service only after 2020 or so. Hence we should order additional Su-30MKI from HAL for 2014-2020. I think that order for around 18-22X6=100-150 more aircraft suitabily upgraded will stand us in good stead to tackle a possible two front war with China flexing its muscles. Otherwise we will make the same mistake of shutting down Mig-21 production in 1986 with no new fighter being produced for next 15 years.

New Su-30MKi can have indigenous AESA, Integrated EW, ECM. ECCM, MAWS etc and possibly conformal fuel tanks and stealth weapon pods. Further we can enhance the indigenous content of new Su-30MKi by introducing indigenous raw material, indigenous radar etc and deeper indigenous production content

sandeepdg

Malaysia To Receive Brand-New Russian Fighters
The commander-in-chief of the Royal Malaysian Air Force said the Su-30-MKM was now the best fourth-generation multi-role fighter in the world.

by Yury Zaitsev
Moscow (RIA Novosti) Jul 19, 2007
Malaysia will receive the first 12 of its order of 18 Sukhoi Su-30-MKM Flanker fighters, the most advanced versions of the Su-27 warplane, before the year is out. The Su-30-MKM embodies the best achievements of the Russian aircraft industry and has the most advanced European avionics. The Malaysian version is based on the Su-30-MKI, earmarked for India, but features different equipment and an electric remote control system.

Unlike the Indian version, the Su-30-MKM features a laser warning system and missile detectors. Two Russian-made active jamming systems are located inside wing-tip containers, and the fighter also has passive jamming systems featuring dipole reflectors and 98 decoys against heat-seeking missiles in the tail section.

The Malaysian version has more Russian-made components than the Su-30-MKI because Indian and Israeli systems have been removed from it. However, the Su-30-MKM features additional French-made systems.

Russia's Bars (Snow Leopard) phased-array radar can simultaneously track at least 15 aerial targets and directs fire against four of them at a time. Moreover, it can also effectively detect ground targets.

The Su-30-MKM features the same guided weapons as the Su-30-MKI.

Malaysia has become the second country to purchase these supersonic, super-agility fighters with vectored-thrust engines. The capabilities of this version may well exceed those of the Su-30 aircraft supplied to India.

Dato' Sri Aziran bin Ariffin, commander-in-chief of the Royal Malaysian Air Force, said the Su-30-MKM was now the best fourth-generation multi-role fighter in the world.

Yury Zaitsev is an academic adviser at the Russian Academy of Engineering Sciences.

The opinions expressed in this article are the author's and do not necessarily represent those of RIA Novosti.

Source: RIA Novosti
From the specs mentioned about the Malaysian MKMs, their seems to be nothing so different from the weaponry and avionics on our MKIs other than than the MAWS (Missile approach warning sensor), even the Bars radar is the same and over that the MKIs have an indigenous RWR system which is very sophisticated. However did people come to the conclusion that it is better than the MKI ??

AJSINGH

HAL can manufacture as many aircraft as the IAF can abosrb,if IAF can absorb 1 squadron,then HAL will make only that many aircrafts that year

bhramos

Country flag

MKI parked with Cobham Refuelling pod under its belly.

StealthSniper

IAF to induct more than 150 Sukhois

The Indian Air Force (IAF) will soon induct more than 150 Sukhoi Su-30 MKI combat jets and 80 Mi-17-1V medium-lift helicopters as part of a massive drive to boost its capabilities, a top military commander said on Wednesday.

Nitesh it's 230 MKI + another 50 MKI, but I haven't found a concrete source on the other 50 we might get. So the total will be 280.

StealthSniper

From the specs mentioned about the Malaysian MKMs, their seems to be nothing so different from the weaponry and avionics on our MKIs other than than the MAWS (Missile approach warning sensor), even the Bars radar is the same and over that the MKIs have an indigenous RWR system which is very sophisticated. However did people come to the conclusion that it is better than the MKI ??

Su-30MKM

Based on the MKI, a highly specialized version for Royal Malaysian Air Force and includes Thrust Vectoring Control (TVC) and canards but with avionics from various countries. It will feature head-up displays (HUD), navigational forward-looking IR system (NAVFLIR) and Damocles Laser Designation pod (LDP) from Thales Group of France, MAW-300 missile approach warning sensor (MAWS), RWS-50 RWR and laser warning sensor (LWS) from SAAB AVITRONICS (South Africa),[1] as well as the Russian NIIP N011M BARS PESA radar, electronic warfare (EW) system, optical-location system (OLS) and a glass cockpit.[2] Others include Goodrich lights and communications suite from Rohde & Schwarz of Germany. For political reasons Israeli avionics have been omitted.

black eagle

Country flag
Some time back i also read somewhere that IAF is also looking for missile approach warning sensors (MAWS) for its MKIs. is anyone aware of this or is it just a figment of my imagination?? think i read somewhere a few months back.

jakojako777

More than 150 Su-30MKI fighters arrive at the Air Force India

More than 150 Su-30MKI fighters arrive at the Air Force India

Su-30MKI. Photo opaliha.telenet.ru

The Air Force of India in the near future will be to adopt more than 150 Su-30MKI fighters and 80 helicopters Mi-17-1B, SiFy News reported, citing the words of the Chief Air Marshal Pradeep Vasanta Naik (Pradeep Vasant Naik). In addition, the Indian Air Force is going to get a fifth-generation fighter and helicopters class VIP for VIP flights.

At the armed Russia has no fifth-generation fighter. The only such machine - a promising frontline aviation aircraft complex (PAK FA) - is currently under development, and his trial is expected to begin in late 2009-th - beginning of 2010. Technical details on the promising fighter was not officially announced.

Presumably, the aircraft will be capable of speeds up to 2,1 thousand kilometers per hour, and to fly a distance of 5.5 thousand kilometers. Armament plane can be represented by 30-millimeter cannon. In addition, PAK FA will be equipped with 16 hardpoints, including eight inside the fuselage.

Russia and India are jointly developing PAK FA. In July it became known that Russia and India have already identified the tactical and technical characteristics of the aircraft, has begun consultations on the distribution of work. The new fighter to replace the MiG-29 and Su-27.

Now constitute the basis of the Indian Air Force Su-30MKI fighters, the French Mirage 2000, MiG-21, MiG-27 and MiG-29. The number of Su-30MKI now has 104 units. In 2009, the Indian Air Force lost two of these fighters. Supposedly, the cause of the crash were technical difficulties.

In 1996-1998, India has ordered from Russia 50 Su-30MKI fighters, and later placed an order for another forty such aircraft. In addition, India has a license to manufacture 140 Su-30MKI, which must be collected and transmitted to the arming of the country from 2003 to 2017. In early October, India announced that it intends to buy 50 more such aircraft.

By 2015, India intends to increase the number of Su-30MKI fighters in the Air Force to 230 units.

Áîëåå 150 èñòðåáèòåëåé Ñó-30ÌÊÈ ïîñòóïÿò íà âîîðóæåíèå ÂÂÑ Èíäèè *—*ÎÐÓÆÈÅ ÐÎÑÑÈÈ, Ôåäåðàëüíûé ýëåêòðîííûé ñïðàâî÷íèê âîîðóæåíèÿ è âîåííîé òåõíèêè

neo29

some say 105 ... some say 120. but i been hearing this number for last 2 3 years. during this time surely hal has made some su 30 mki . i think i read somewhere that their production capability currenty is 14 mki's every year and they will get complete indigenisation from aug 2009 onwards which shud increase production.
atleast last 2 3 years they shud have inducted a squadron ( 20 ac's) of mki into iaf.

Also is it possible to upgrade mki's to 4.75 gen or 5th gen down the line ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles