Su-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flint

I assume that there might have been a sabotage. Word has it that Indian politics is the worst and that India has more enemies inside than outside her borders. Therefore, I don't doubt if this is some new ploy to get more kickbacks by corrupt commanders.

I wonder how are you people going to hold off against Chinese in a future war if this is the condition of your air force.
Take it easy. What is the basis for your assumption ?

StealthSniper

Very sad news, at least the pilots are safe. I wonder if this is a newer bird or a older one. Either way this makes me sad.:thumbs_thmbdn:

StealthSniper

That's just sad to know. Is this due to unqualified pilot or error in combat aircrafts. High number of IAF battle aircrafts crash reflect poor training / bad quality of our pilot. It's shame for me and indian people that we get mocked by other people that our IAF is poorly trained and won't stand properly against pakistan :((

Why do you feel ashamed, if you feel ashamed then that means you believe in what other people have to say, even if they are wrong in their assumption. If you believe our pilots are not well trained based on what people say instead of facts then shame on you. And then everyone wonders why I think this is a Chinese person or Pakistani.

StealthSniper

And thank god the President of India wasn't in this Sukhoi Su-30 that crashed. That would have been the worst news ever. Definitely would have sent the wrong message, instead of the message of confidence and pride.

pppppppp

I wonder why only the Indian made Russian planes always have this issue of the crash. Are the materials used in Indian manufactured one's substandard? I feel there is some other corruption/scandal awaiting to be disclosed.

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
HAL-made Sukhoi crashes

Barely a week after President Pratibha Patil undertook a much publicised sortie in the fighter, a Sukhoi-30 MKI jet of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed near Jethagaon in Jaisalmer while returning from a regular training mission. While both pilots managed to eject on time and landed safely, the second crash of India’s most advanced fighter jet in less than eight months has thrown a question mark over its reliability.

IAF PRO Group Captain M G Mehta on Monday said, “The aircraft was on a routine training exercise when the incident occurred and both pilots managed to eject to safety. An inquiry has been ordered into the incident.” He added that the fighter crashed into a vacant plot of land and caused no loss of life or destruction to property.
Rajasthan defence PRO Lt Col. N N Joshi stated that the Sukhoi aircraft took off from Jodhpur at around 4.30 pm at the IAF range in Pokharan but crashed sometime between 5.30 pm and 5.45 pm. While officials reached the site of the crash, the black box has not yet been recovered. Sources said that the entire Sukhoi fleet, which numbers close to 90 and is currently deployed in Pune, Bareily and Tezpur, has been grounded till a preliminary investigation gives an all clear following the crash. Sources also said that the aircraft that crashed was a brand new fighter that had recently been rolled out by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in India and was part of an upcoming squadron in Pune.

This is the second crash of a Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter after a fatal accident on April 30 in which an officer lost his life. The fleet was grounded for close to a month after the April crash and sources said that the fighters are likely to stay on the ground till investigators give a go ahead.

The Sukhoi-30 MKI fleet, the latest in IAF’s inventory, has had an exceptional safety record but the two recent crashes have caused concern in military circles. The earlier crash, which was attributed to a failure in the flight control system, was never conclusively investigated as the black box was completely destroyed.

In July, Defence Minister AK Antony had said that while there are no serious maintenance problems with the aircraft, the fleet was grounded for three weeks to ascertain the cause of the crash. He also revealed that the reason for the crash was a “likely failure of the fly-by-wire system”. This came after Russian experts tried to put the blame for the crash on the IAF by saying that a human error led to the accident.

sob

Country flag
SU 30 MKI Crash

Indian express has confirmed that the SU 30 that crashed yesterday was manufactured at HAL.

HAL-made Sukhoi crashes

Sources also said that the aircraft that crashed was a brand new fighter that had recently been rolled out by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in India and was part of an upcoming squadron in Pune.

bhramos

Country flag
its again HAL all the way.
pls give the orders to some private manufactures, these PSU's going all in wrong way, what ever the reasons may be.

fulcrum

Country flag
Yes Kommie, I know about the 2 MKI crashes. I was asking about the Su30 family in general anywhere in the world. Just to see if there is a crash record for this fighter.
Yup, there is. The chinese crashed 4 Su-30s and 1 Su-27. This much is known to public. Given their secretive nature, I believe many might have gone down.

its again HAL all the way
HAL manufactured MKIs costs less than 25 million. So it isn't a very big loss.

x11

Do we still need to go ahead with the follow-on order for 50 su-30 aircrafts.

If we can fly su-30 MKI for 10 years with no accident....then we should never have had these crashes.

It is definetly a pilot error or maintenance issue.

bhramos

Country flag
its purely HAL fault, may be The service life of HAL built Sukhoi is half of Russian built quality.
but its proven in T-72M1 tanks,Soviet built Tanks had 10yrs before servicing but HVF build Tanks should be serviced for every 5 Yrs. this may be same on planes too.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Details about the first crash , can any body confirm it as true ?

This is the second time that the advanced multi-role fighter, which was inducted into the air force in 2002, has crashed. The first crash at Rajmathai village, around 170 km from Jaisalmer, in April was because of the position of the various critical switches of the aircraft. The switches were behind the pilots and they would have to turn them on and off without looking back.
At one point, a wrong switch was turned on, leading to the crash on April 30. Wing Commander PS Nara was killed in the mishap, while Wing Commander SV Munje was injured. After investigators identified the problem, they sealed off a couple of difficult switches.

Sukhoi-30 MKI crashes near Pokhran - dnaindia.com

Sabir

DFI TEAM
I assume that there might have been a sabotage. Word has it that Indian politics is the worst and that India has more enemies inside than outside her borders. Therefore, I don't doubt if this is some new ploy to get more kickbacks by corrupt commanders.

I wonder how are you people going to hold off against Chinese in a future war if this is the condition of your air force.
You assumed all these things.....:stinker:
I assume you are bitten by an insect carrying germs of conspiracy theory....

Vladimir79

Sources also said that the aircraft that crashed was a brand new fighter that had recently been rolled out by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in India and was part of an upcoming squadron in Pune.
Can't blame Russia for this one. Then begs the question, what is HAL doing? Or, what is going with the pilots? Interesting to hear the investigation.

Parashuram1

You assumed all these things.....:stinker:
I assume you are bitten by an insect carrying germs of conspiracy theory....
Thank you for the kind words. I didn't intend to be rude, but simply put, there is a strong possibility. Politics is present in every military around the world. No one can rule out the possibility of a sabotage so that better planes could be ordered for fresh kickbacks.

Well, it seems you already know the real reason as compared to others like the rest of us, isn't it? In such times, it would be more advisable to learn and improve from your mistakes rather than launch childish personal attacks on another person. Why was your nationalistic pride hurt? All I said that there was a possibility of foul play. Kindly be rational next time you want to pick an argument.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
Thank you for the kind words. I didn't intend to be rude, but simply put, there is a strong possibility. Politics is present in every military around the world. No one can rule out the possibility of a sabotage so that better planes could be ordered for fresh kickbacks.

Well, it seems you already know the real reason as compared to others like the rest of us, isn't it? Good going with the nationalistic jingoism.
Now that is taking it a bit too far. If they wanted new planes, they would just order new ones. We just placed a fresh order for them. Fighter jets are maintained by the AF and not the politicians. Your argument would hold good if you suspect our AF men themselves which would make them highly unpatriotic and lose credibility. I dont doubt the soldiers protecting me. In fact they have done best with the worst of machines which we call flying coffins and still come out trumps against an F-16.

ppgj

yes. if one or two crashes were to determine orders we wont have any aircraft from anywhere in the world.

If we can fly su-30 MKI for 10 years with no accident....then we should never have had these crashes.
what if 10 crashes happen after ten yrs in one year?

It is definetly a pilot error or maintenance issue.
obviously. lets wait for that instead of jumping the gun.

Agantrope

I feel it may be because of
1) Maintenance - Not much possibility
2) Lack of Qualitative training - India has only vintage trainer :(

fulcrum

Country flag
How you arrived 25 million? have any link support your claim
I said less than 25 million. The correct fig is 22.5 million. Even if they fail to reach the 22.5 million fig, it will surely be less than 30 million.
The Su-30MKI Info Page - Vayu Sena

A J-10a costs 29 million. J-10b costs 40 million. Our MKIs are cheaper than F-16's that pakistan is receiving. Each block-52 costs 34 million. An F-15K costs 100 million. Rafale and eurofighter is around 95 million. That's the advantage of in-house production.

fulcrum

Country flag
Details about the first crash , can any body confirm it as true ?
The black box was completely destroyed. But based on pilot testimony, this is what happened. IAF has indeed placed covers on critical switches after that incident.

its purely HAL fault, may be The service life of HAL built Sukhoi is half of Russian built quality.
but its proven in T-72M1 tanks,Soviet built Tanks had 10yrs before servicing but HVF build Tanks should be serviced for every 5 Yrs. this may be same on planes too.
It would be nice if you posted a source.

Are you drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles