Su-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthSniper

sniper, mki's are two seaters. think how many pilots be needed to fly the numbers you are talking about. also mki's has needs of more maintainence compared to any a/c of iaf. 280 is formidable.

Yeah I guess that's not a bad number, and of course the Pakfa will need 2 pilots per aircraft. Does anybody know how many Pakfa we will be getting, or is it to early to tell yet. Thanks.

AJSINGH

Yeah I guess that's not a bad number, and of course the Pakfa will need 2 pilots per aircraft. Does anybody know how many Pakfa we will be getting, or is it to early to tell yet. Thanks.
to early to tell but popular opinion is no less than 100 aircraft

AJSINGH

well 230 MKI is good number , and in later years we will be getting PAK FAGA also so we have to leave some space for those aircraft also , i think 230 MKI is enough , but should go through regular upgrades

- may be we are being conservative - considering our neighbors I would say we need close to 400 flankers - 300 for China and 100 for Pakistan /indian ocean region .Flankers have and will have a maritime strike tole always and also once in a while fleet protection duty
well fleet protection should be done by IN aircraft only , as of now maritime strike is provided by IAF but in the future it is the job of IN , N-LCA for fleet defence ,Mig 29K for extended long range strike missions .Plus we have other aircraft to also in IAF , 63 Mig 29 SMT can take care of PAF F-16 , and plus we will be having Mirage 2000-5 too ,although its primary mission wont be a2a combat but if needed Mirage 2000-5 can do that too .

ppgj

as you said it is too early i guess. but the number won't be huge for sure. may be a few squadrons 'cos of the cost of maintanence. all stealth a/c have huge man hours and hence costly to maintain per hour of flying.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Country flag
Well 280 MKI is a formidable number...The MMRCA are also coming...if EF is selected then the numbers will soar....

sob

Country flag
sniper, mki's are two seaters. think how many pilots be needed to fly the numbers you are talking about. also mki's has needs of more maintainence compared to any a/c of iaf. 280 is formidable.
Sir, if the number of pilots are a criterion then wouldn't it have a bearing in the ongoing MMRCA tender.

StealthSniper

Sir, if the number of pilots are a criterion then wouldn't it have a bearing in the ongoing MMRCA tender.

This brings me to another question, out of the 126 MMRCA we are getting how many of them are 2 seater models?

MIG_ACE

All six contenders have single seat versions. So it shouldn't have much of an effect.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
about 40 will be two seat mainly in trainer configuration others will be single seat

ppgj

sob, i was just pointing out the case of mki where every a/c needs two men. in mrca case it will be the single seaters but you also have to have some 2 seaters for training purpose. 40 as nitesh pointed out.

arya

Country flag
hi

sir can any one tell how many su30 will will have till 2015 and how many sukhoi palnes china will have till 2015

jai hind

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Country flag
hi

sir can any one tell how many su30 will will have till 2015 and how many sukhoi palnes china will have till 2015

jai hind
India will have around 230-280 MKI within 2015

AJSINGH

sob, i was just pointing out the case of mki where every a/c needs two men. in mrca case it will be the single seaters but you also have to have some 2 seaters for training purpose. 40 as nitesh pointed out.
most probabaly we will be buying aircraft with two seater configuration because it increases the combat radius plus also relieves single pilot from all the work

also Mig 35,Rafale, which are most likely to win are twin seater

ppgj

most probabaly we will be buying aircraft with two seater configuration because it increases the combat radius plus also relieves single pilot from all the work

also Mig 35,Rafale, which are most likely to win are twin seater
no AJS, it is 86 single seaters and 40 two seaters.

abhi

Sir pilot workload point agreed but how does it increase the combat radius??

bhramos

Country flag
no may be he is mistaken, combat radius may not decrease.
but i one question ,
does the Su-30MKI have periscope like Mig-29?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
AJSINGH,
Two seater plane tend to have lesser combat range than a single seat plane.
Why?
Simple because space for a fuel tant is lost.
Example : Internal fuel capacity
F-18E 6,530kg
F-18F 6,145kg

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Country flag
no may be he is mistaken, combat radius may not decrease.
but i one question ,
does the Su-30MKI have periscope like Mig-29?
No the Su 30 dosent have a periscope...the stopped using them long back. The periscopes are nowadays used in tankers and big aircrafts.

arya

Country flag
hi

i want to how will be su 30 on the enemy air space and close dog fight what will be the chance

tell me with the example of Pakistan and china

jai hind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles