Su-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppgj

British AF operates lesser number of combat aircrafts compared to Indian AF, still it is un-disputedly superior to us, due to better technology. We must shift our focus from numbers (quantity) to quality
britain may be just equal to a state of india say maharashtra in terms of size.so why do you compare india to it?india needs minimum of 45 squadrons just to be defensive on the east and to maintain its superiority wrt west.right now it has fallen to 32..as for qualitative aspect we are reaching there with aerospace command coming up sometime in future and all assets being already networked.

sky

britain may be just equal to a state of india say maharashtra in terms of size.so why do you compare india to it?india needs minimum of 45 squadrons just to be defensive on the east and to maintain its superiority wrt west.right now it has fallen to 32..as for qualitative aspect we are reaching there with aerospace command coming up sometime in future and all assets being already networked.
I think the message was how much smaller the air force britian has but its more potent due to a host of reasons.quality not quantity was the message i think. britian is actualy just a bit larger than gujarat not maharastra,what that has to do with anything im not sure about.britian has its air force serving in iraq/afghanistan as well as britian.small yes but able to fulfill its obligations

ppgj

I think the message was how much smaller the air force britian has but its more potent due to a host of reasons.quality not quantity was the message i think. britian is actualy just a bit larger than gujarat not maharastra,what that has to do with anything im not sure about.britian has its air force serving in iraq/afghanistan as well as britian.small yes but able to fulfill its obligations
quality with quantity!!.that is what my point is.even bmd systems do not have answers for a barrage of missiles.quantity does matter.even with british quality IAF will still need a minimum of 45 determined by the IAF.you think they are not aware of the quality aspect!!
going by your own argument britain is smaller than pakistan.qualitatively they are way superior.why are they bigger than PAF.

sky

quality with quantity!!.that is what my point is.even bmd systems do not have answers for a barrage of missiles.quantity does matter.even with british quality IAF will still need a minimum of 45 determined by the IAF.you think they are not aware of the quality aspect!!
going by your own argument britain is smaller than pakistan.qualitatively they are way superior.why are they bigger than PAF.
They are in fact better then most countries not just pak due to the quality of the raf,from the planes the operate to the pilots that fly them the training they get,along with the maintenace support access to hi tec missiles they use as well as a whole host of things.
by the way the last time they faced enemy aircrafts was in the falklands.the raf didnt lose one plane but argentina grounded there airforce because they lost to many planes .britian won that war,having first won air superiority.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
The biggest thing abou RAF is that they fly under cover of USAF.

s_bman

this new order of 50 mki will not only help with depleting squad strength ..........butalso these are the ones with air launched brahmos besides modification of existing airframe would have taken time

AJSINGH

also we did not need MKI during kargil conflict ...mirage 2000 and Mig 29 did the job just fine ...even if we would have recieved in 1999 ..IAF would not have sent MKI directly into war

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
instead of buying 50more MKI ...IAF should look at SU 35BM too
Why do you wish to create logistic difficulties? IAF is just trying to standard everything. I suppose MKI be upgraded BM lines.

AJSINGH

Why do you wish to create logistic difficulties? IAF is just trying to standard everything. I suppose MKI be upgraded BM lines.
who knows as far as i know that MKi have canards and SU 35BM do not..also SU 35 radar is lighter and nose cone is also lighter ...if there is any aircraft which come close to MKI then it is SU 35BM

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
who knows as far as i know that MKi have canards and SU 35BM do not..also SU 35 radar is lighter and nose cone is also lighter ...if there is any aircraft which come close to MKI then it is SU 35BM
Difference between Su-35 BM Su-30 MKI :-
(1) Do you have any links to support your claim that the radar of Su-35 BM is lighter than MKI.
(2) BM uses fly by optics for flight control while Mki uses fly by wire.
(3) The engine used by both the bird are different.
(4) EW Suite used by both the aircraft are different. etc....etc....
These all are not small differences.

Kumar

Country flag

Zhukovshy, Russia: Russian officials at MAKS 2009 (August 18 to 22) were upbeat about defence relations with India. The IAF will soon sign a contract for 50 additional Su-30MKI aircraft, and 40 more Mi-171V helicopters. Indian and Russian officials held extensive talks on upgrade of Su-30MKI and on modifications to carry BrahMos cruise missile on the aircraft. This is not all. According to Russian officials, the partnership on the fifth generation aircraft, PAK FA (T-50) and the Multi-purpose Transport Aircraft (MTA) is on schedule. Notwithstanding the uncertainty over INS Vikramaditya (Admiral Gorshkov), the first batch of MiG-29K/KUB fighters will be delivered to India by end this year. The remaining two IL-38SD aircraft of the Indian Navy with Russia since five years would also head home. And Russians are superbly confident of MiG-35’s successful participation in the 126 M-MRCA competition. They have also decided to field Kamov Ka-52 Alligator attack helicopter for the IAF’s 22 attack helicopter tender. With so much on the bilateral platter, Indian officials were Russian’s favourite flavour at the air show.

Back in New Delhi, senior IAF officials confirmed that the case for Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for 50 additional Su-30MKI has been sent to the defence ministry. (This is over and above the earlier 40 Su-30MKI being sought from Russia. With 230 aircraft to be assembled by HAL, the IAF will now have a total of 320 Su-30MKI aircraft.) As this purchase will be on a fast track basis to arrest depleting force levels, it would take a maximum of three months for clearance by the Cabinet Committee on Security, after which the contract would be signed. Considering that all this would be a formality, both sides discussed and agreed on the production schedule of these additional aircraft at MAKS-2009. The cost of these aircraft would be higher than the earlier lots. By how much, both sides remained tight-lipped, with one official finally saying that each aircraft could cost 10 per cent more. This single order is upwards of Rs 20,000 crore.

FORCE - A Complete News Magazine on National Security - Defence Magazine

---------------------------​

Excellent news! I am not too sure about the final number of 320 though. I think it will be 230+50=280MKIs. imo the number 230 already includes the previous order of 40 additional MKIs. Anyway, 280 or 320, further addition of these beasts to the IAFs inventory is always welcome!
IAF Rocks, Hope these aircraft are inducted soon in the IAF. Few questions

Who would be assembling the aircrafts HAL or the russians, Will this also include the latest Sukhoi upgrades?

wild goose

So far this news of additional 50 Su30MKIs is only mentioned in one site only.
Is there any other sources with this claim. I wonder how the Russian media missed out on this. Considering how prestigious is MAKS for them.

Really wish to see this deal come through. Or will it cause a heart burn.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Forceindia is a respectable defence journal in India. I believe this report.

J

John

nice 280 Su-30mki, this added buy of 50 more means we wont have any shortage of air superiority fighters, this is a major shot in the arm for the mig-35.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles