Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Defence LTD

Rchauhan

Country flag
If we have to compare these with the emergency purchase which IA made couple of months ago , how good or bad are these . Do these stand a chance if competition is held with them ??

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag
Is there any use case in the Army for a compact heavy caliber anti-materiel rifle ? Don't think they have anything between SVD and NTW-20 (.338 ones may be available in limited numbers). Perhaps a bullpup 50 BMG Semi-auto rifle could help in dealing with bad guys hiding behind walls or trapped in houses.

Essentially something like the G6 Lynx

Reciprocating barrel is probably not too good for long range accuracy, but compact size and relatively light weight could help in intermediate range.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Is there any use case in the Army for a compact heavy caliber anti-materiel rifle ? Don't think they have anything between SVD and NTW-20 (.338 ones may be available in limited numbers). Perhaps a bullpup 50 BMG Semi-auto rifle could help in dealing with bad guys hiding behind walls or trapped in houses.

Essentially something like the G6 Lynx

Reciprocating barrel is probably not too good for long range accuracy, but compact size and relatively light weight could help in intermediate range.

We have m95s deployed along loc,

It's a bolt action 50cal rifle with bullpup design.

https://theprint.in/defence/indian-...-with-deadly-new-rifles-along-loc/241829/amp/

WolfPack86

Country flag
India’s First Mark : Zeroing for Native Sniper Rifles
SSS Defence – Bangalore based arms manufacturing firm, is the first company to develop a prototype of the country’s first native Sniper rifles. The entity has managed to develop two distinctive variants of the rifles, as reported.

Endeavor made by the firm, can easily be anticipated to be a major milestone for nations’, ‘Make in India’ campaign. It’s speculated to give a major boost in turning India to be an arms manufacturing and export hub.

Whilst, expressing his views Satish R Machani, MD – SSS Defense, said, “We started designing and developing these rifles after the launch of ‘Make in India’ in the defence sector”

SSS Defence, is 61 years old and is one of the few manufacturing companies allowed to manufacture weapons in the national periphery. In its initial years, the company used to manufacture components for the automotive industry.

“We have supplied components for our defence sector. Our idea is to develop a complete arms system for our security and armed forces and intends to become an arms exporter. We need to do more and build weapons of global stature” further added, Machani.

Explaining the indigenous technology, the company plans to build a sprawling factory in Jigani in Karnataka – 80,000 square feet for its manufacturing unit.
http://www.defencenews.in/article/India’s-First-Mark--Zeroing-for-Native-Sniper-Rifles-757903

Skdas

=================================================
Noice!

Anyone got a video this beaut being fired? Btw what kind lead tablets does this extended range rapid onset lead poisoning device dispense ?

Edit: NVM about the ammo size...

Chinmoy

Country flag
Noice!

Anyone got a video this beaut being fired? Btw what kind lead tablets does this extended range rapid onset lead poisoning device dispense ?

Edit: NVM about the ammo size...
Viper spews 7.62x51mm NATO venom.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Just a thought:

I think in 2020 we almost have an entire ensemble to kit an infantry soldier except for a few things, from private domestic defence OEM.

-MKU BP helmets
-Tonbo helmet sights
-SSS rifle
-MKU BPJ
-Tonbo Long range sights
-L&T/TATA SDR infantry comms(needs confirmation)
-Tonbo scopes
-SSS Sniper rifle
-Small arms Ammunition(not yet I think)
-Combat boots(not yet,no new indian innovation)
-bayonets
-9mm pistol(not yet)
-wildcraft rucksack
-Combat Headphones (not yet)
-Combat eye gear(not yet)

Others can add I missed something.

Last edited:

Gautam Sarkar

Country flag
An excellent list sir. Let me add a few of my thoughts :
Combat boots(not yet,no new indian innovation)
There is another great start up company coming up in India. All their products are completely designed and made in India.
66694909_640698689767641_3426914091351148904_n.jpg

This is their Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/armasentactical/
You can find their other products there.
Tonbo scopes
Tonbo makes scopes ? This is new information to me. Could you provide a source ?
L&T/TATA SDR infantry comms(needs confirmation)
Don't we already use BEL STAR V SDRs. What's the need for a new one ?
Also this is something to look forward to :
EL4XsBnU4AAvgT1.jpg

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
An excellent list sir. Let me add a few of my thoughts :

There is another great start up company coming up in India. All their products are completely designed and made in India.
View attachment 41654

This is their Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/armasentactical/
You can find their other products there.

Tonbo makes scopes ? This is new information to me. Could you provide a source ?

Don't we already use BEL STAR V SDRs. What's the need for a new one ?
Also this is something to look forward to :
View attachment 41655
Thanks for the info.

SSS also planning to make their own sniper scopes.
Tonbo already supplies thermal scopes to IA. You can check their website for info.

BEL is a DPSU, hence not included in the list. I wanted to list out only private companies.

Gautam Sarkar

Country flag
SSS also planning to make their own sniper scopes.
Current ones are imported then. US or Germany ? I remember their early models having Schmidt and Bender optics. What do the current guns use ?

We have almost everything needed except for eye and ear protection and side arms. This company I just posted about said on twitter they are working on making Quarter zip combat T-shirts.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles