Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Defence LTD

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
What we are looking for is the level of Indigenous content offered by this company.

We might we looking at an actual cheetos seller here.

Now the core of a gun is the barrel, Trigger mechanism, gas transmission, gun housing and bolt rest all are secondary and are easy to develope.

Now when it comes to gun barrel it requires precision and metallurgy.
We already make gun grade steel so they most likley sourced the metal from the same place OFB gets its steel from.
Tho depending upon the climate and place of operation some Metallaurgical parameters may be altered to optimize gun performance.
For instance guns made in Europe will be different from guns made in US, as they use different grade of Steel.

Next is drilling the hole.
This requires extreme precision otherwise even rag tag Afghan make guns in huts but that will differ a lot from a gun made in Factories in terms of quality.

For it machine like this are used.

For more info check this site.

https://www.unisig.com/products-and-technology/machines/find-a-machine/by-industry/firearms/

I wonder if they have bought these machine, a downgraded version of this is in our college and that alone costs around 30 to 50 lakhs.

Next up is designing the grooves

After bullet the power, speed and stability of the gun depends upon Grooving.

U have to consider a lot of factors here. The amount of rifling land, the swirl degree of groove and after processing.

The differnce between a gun made by Afghan and that made by sig is like that of Adidas and Abibas
I understand that the company is able to manufacture gunbarrels and stuffs like that as the company already is in business of manufacturing and selling industrial springs since its inception,

but the way the company is conducting their small arms business is quite dubious for me after my findings in starting of previous posts,that is why i questioned their indigenuity claims with giving some 'what actually could've happened' sort of examples.

Edit :-

What we saw was not 100% indigenous or 100% OEM rebranding, what they doing is proxy selling, in details what they do they take 2 or 3 good samples from chetos sellers products and reverse engineer them when they got contract for specific product they mass produce them, for public show and PR they use the chetos seller products and claim its their product, but once contract signed their reverse engineered product start to mass produce, bml and bel do this starr every time most of our so called indigenous radars are just asmbled from thales radar's parts after significant order these parts get 100% indignation, becoz without sure contract's spending million's on these Tech's make them file bankruptcy,
:confused1: Hhmm ok in this case i am very ignorant about such business models so i must say i might've gone too harsh on them with my 'interrogations' but my motive was,and always will be,to support innovation - only if it is really innovation and not some short cut 'cheeto' giri,especially in name of indigenuity.

I think i'll reserve my further criticism till their product reveals in upcoming Defense Expo this year - Hope it never reach to that point and the company gives me a lot of chances to appreciate them and their products with full enthusiasm.

Last edited:

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
As you all know OFB to this day didn't make any decent looking carbine or assault rifles, did any one wonder why?

Answer is simple its bureaucracy, becoz one of college Friend use to work in a famous OFB in south India, so for him in his first year he was so eager to impress his superior,he done so many online research and come up with a decent AR type rifle design when he submitted his deagin to review it take them 3 weeks to give zeroth review just to say it's feasibility, and after one week he got the replay like every other new startup's or aspiring defence innovators get from OFB

" we are impresses with your design and its really innovative design, but unfortunately on feasibility study we found that the environment and equipment need to Carry out prototyping not present at the moment, there for we are considering you're proposal in future weapon development program's "

After this he found out the real States of pur OFB most of OFB and their management reluctant or lazy to do anything innovative they just like to do add-on or Minor upgrades to their existing design, on contrary the OFB my friend worked only make some specific ak clone and make a Minor mods to it , in his word's adding picatinny rail on to ak is considered as cutting edge, so what ever current defense startups doing 100 times better than what some of our OFB doing
@south block Oyee Sarkari thulle, cheetos seller. Have a good look at this.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Guys can someone explain me the meaning of 'cheetos' in this context. I may be late to the game :)

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Dis nigga from SSS just roasted OFB

Kaypius: How do you plan to take on the DRDO, Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) and their products in similar range? What makes your sniper rifles better?

VK: We have no plans for the DRDO or the OFB. We just want to make the best performing weapon and go global with it. Our goal is to be reckoned at par with the SIG’s. Not to be a local player. They are free to co-develop with us and we’re open to co-developing different weapons across calibers. But the cultural rift and working styles are just too much at variance. Our sniper rifles are better on design, performance parameters, ergonomics, anthropometrics, construction, modularity and light-weight characteristics. We’re going out on a limb and strategically working on models of sniper rifles that fit specific special forces missions. Eg: a compact semi-auto sniper system for airborne forces, an urban combat sniper weapon that can also double up for ops in and around armoured vehicles to cite a few.

It’s not just sniper weapons. We’ve been working on a whole family of assault weapons on semi-auto and auto formats, a LMG, and, in the future, we will also come up with a handgun product. We’ll be different from any of the other firms in India who play in the small arms segment in that we shall always own our IP. We don’t believe in cosmetic indigenisation where some parts are manufactured with tech from a foreign player and the Indian company is merely an integrator.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The SSS defence developed babies are here and they are smashing.View attachment 42550 View attachment 42551 View attachment 42552
Man I should love to see all these- particularly the carbine with the NSG.

Dis nigga from SSS just roasted OFB

Kaypius: How do you plan to take on the DRDO, Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) and their products in similar range? What makes your sniper rifles better?

VK: We have no plans for the DRDO or the OFB. We just want to make the best performing weapon and go global with it. Our goal is to be reckoned at par with the SIG’s. Not to be a local player. They are free to co-develop with us and we’re open to co-developing different weapons across calibers. But the cultural rift and working styles are just too much at variance. Our sniper rifles are better on design, performance parameters, ergonomics, anthropometrics, construction, modularity and light-weight characteristics. We’re going out on a limb and strategically working on models of sniper rifles that fit specific special forces missions. Eg: a compact semi-auto sniper system for airborne forces, an urban combat sniper weapon that can also double up for ops in and around armoured vehicles to cite a few.

It’s not just sniper weapons. We’ve been working on a whole family of assault weapons on semi-auto and auto formats, a LMG, and, in the future, we will also come up with a handgun product. We’ll be different from any of the other firms in India who play in the small arms segment in that we shall always own our IP. We don’t believe in cosmetic indigenisation where some parts are manufactured with tech from a foreign player and the Indian company is merely an integrator.
I think this is more aimed at other private players in India that are just looking for local assembly contracts and aren't interested in IP.

I'm excited to see what pistol they develop- this is going to be a huge market in the coming years as all police forces from local to central being to up-arm.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Look at how SSS took pit shots in that interview with Kaypius blog at the army and MoD for still supporting foreign companies and doing endless trials for SSS weapons ! Shame ! The army and MoD are so short sighted in their thinking. They simply don't want to support local Pvt industry and work with them to improve a weapon which costs less than phoren imported maal and whose cost of ownership is also less over longer period of time. They want a perfect weapon in the first go itself !

Deathstar

Country flag
Look at how SSS took pit shots in that interview with Kaypius blog at the army and MoD for still supporting foreign companies and doing endless trials for SSS weapons ! Shame ! The army and MoD are so short sighted in their thinking. They simply don't want to support local Pvt industry and work with them to improve a weapon which costs less than phoren imported maal and whose cost of ownership is also less over longer period of time. They want a perfect weapon in the first go itself !
No they want bribes ,nothing else.

rone

Country flag
My opinion if their rifle less or equll to 1k usd we can go for theirs instead of ak203 , from ak203 its evident that its a day light robbery we need to go for Indian company instead of this ak203 shot show

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I know they're making 7.62x51 rifle, pistols, and an LMG, but I am hoping they make something along the line of an SMG like Evo 3. To replace all the MP5s.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles