Sri Lanka Watch, News and Discussions

kartus

Country flag
Sri Lanka अब रावण के भरोसे है। Sri Lanka crisis

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Is it legally possible to merge SL with India? GoI should split it into Tamil and Sinhala speaking part if possible to avoid another Kashmir
Bhutan like status for Sri Lanka would be best for the people of Sri Lanka, and for India too.

SL can remain free democratic country whereas India will control their economic,military policies.INR should also be freely used.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Ok then what's the alternative to dollar system.. muricans have built this empire of EU, Japan,Korea, Anglo countries through alliance system which is worth more than 60 trillion dollars..And control this system by different institutions in various domains such as UN,fatf,swift,imf,world bank, amnesty,world press/media corps,atomic agencies,npt,ngo's...Kaise harayenge ye itna bada samrajya...kidhar he apna alliance system..kidhr he apna currency system...kya value he apne currency ka...
Demographic war,when their people change internally,their foreign policy will not be able to stay the same.

I am a firm believer that culture and foreign policy are decided by the demographics of a nation or atleast it makes a significant contribution.

I don't think their current world order is sustainable with a low European stock population.the other people don't care about this world order and just want a milch cow to suck on

Kumata

Country flag
Is it legally possible to merge SL with India? GoI should split it into Tamil and Sinhala speaking part if possible to avoid another Kashmir
budbak ho kya ...

Let them be who they are ... unless people want it...there also, I see no need for split..

fact remains that Sri lankans will not like it and that shud be end of it. Historically, such mergers have backfired almost instantaneously . Anyways, if SL choose to put themself on sale, there will be bidding globally.. US will surely want them too for keeping a eye on china and Us LOL

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
budbak ho kya ...

Let them be who they are ... unless people want it...there also, I see no need for split..

fact remains that Sri lankans will not like it and that shud be end of it. Historically, such mergers have backfired almost instantaneously . Anyways, if SL choose to put themself on sale, there will be bidding globally.. US will surely want them too for keeping a eye on china and Us LOL
Sri Lanka has not been ours since Chola era until the Brits came and merged it back. That's a good 1,000 years in between. Pretty wide gap from what limited history I know. It will be an unnecessary mess even if the Lankans agree.

We don't want to upset the Lankans needlessly. Besides, we have our legal territories to return to us due back - POK and COL. Let's make sure that China doesn't turn them into their overseas territory, help the Sri Lankans navigate through this hell and earn their trust and friendship for the long term.

Given the neighbourhood that we have, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and Myanmar are the only countries that we can count on. The Islamist trio Afghanistan, Pakistan and post-Haseena Bangladesh are a lost cause.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Bhutan like status for Sri Lanka would be best for the people of Sri Lanka, and for India too.

SL can remain free democratic country whereas India will control their economic,military policies.INR should also be freely used.
You mad? Sri Lanka is better off without Economic advice from India

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Leave that how much land costs there on the sea side. We are thinking of buying land for summer house if possible, also they could use whatever money they get.
if srilankans can accept chinese money and then waste it while also giving up certain strategic ports and roads and power infra on lease for 100 years,they will surely be able to accept cold hard cash for property from us indians.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
You mad? Sri Lanka is better off without Economic advice from India
Don't mind some of our folks here. They are just making a light conversation around. We are not interested in taking over Sri Lanka. It's more management issue for us honestly. All we want is that you should be stabilized and happy while being friendly enough not to host Chinese military. That's about it.
So please don't get offended.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Well hello. It is nice to be remembered.

Things are going fine as of now. Only concerning issue it the 12 hr power cut and diesel shortage. I hope the power situation will improve with the upcoming monsoon season. Diesel is a concern.
12 hours power cut sounds too harsh in this day and age. I hope you and your family are safe and I am sure you guys will get through this.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles