Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
^We have the third rung of our intellectual capital working in DRDO all the good ones go for the money makeing jobs in IT or abroad. What we are left with is the fag end of the stick as far as brain drain goes. These guys had no exposure growing up so they would not know what looks cool.

SPIEZ

Country flag
^We have the third rung of our intellectual capital working in DRDO all the good ones go for the money makeing jobs in IT or abroad. What we are left with is the fag end of the stick as far as brain drain goes. These guys had no exposure growing up so they would not know what looks cool.

First, yes intelligence is a must, but the most used weapon in the world right now is the AK47. Do you know the person who created AK47, he wasn't a rocket scientist, He was poet turned tanker, and he produced the weapon which is still widekly feared even today. I can point to many students from top colleges, even the top most one other than IIT, where students have gad trouble applying what they have studied. This is the true issue that has to addressed.

pmaitra

First, yes intelligence is a must, but the most used weapon in the world right now is the AK47. Do you know the person who created AK47, he wasn't a rocket scientist, He was poet turned tanker, and he produced the weapon which is still widekly feared even today. I can point to many students from top colleges, even the top most one other than IIT, where students have gad trouble applying what they have studied. This is the true issue that has to addressed.
You are right.

However, a lot more expert research has gone into making the AK-74 and the 5.45mm Soviet rounds. One does not need to be a rocket scientist to make an AK-47, but one needs a lot of them to make an AK-74. Also, there are plenty of non-rocket scientists all over the world, but not enough mechanical marvels like the AK-47. Let's say it was his genius.

It is worth mentioning, that Sturmgewehr 44 played a major role in igniting the ideas in Mikhail Kalashnikov's mind.

SPIEZ

Country flag
You are right.

However, a lot more expert research has gone into making the AK-74 and the 5.45mm Soviet rounds. One does not need to be a rocket scientist to make an AK-47, but one needs a lot of them to make an AK-74. Also, there are plenty of non-rocket scientists all over the world, but not enough mechanical marvels like the AK-47. Let's say it was his genius.

It is worth mentioning, that Sturmgewehr 44 played a major role in igniting the ideas in Mikhail Kalashnikov's mind.
Again I agree, the issue I was pointing out is that, just those people from IITs aren't the only intelligent people around. Application of intelligence is more important. For eg thomas Edison. That alone was my piont.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

5413.39 rs
Some one should have send this info to ministry of defence too....Our ct forces are still equipped with AKs and vzs with out any of the modifications just because MOD thinks such modifications are unnecessary as they are doing perfectly even with out any modifications.
They can spend 2.5 lakh per tavor rifle but cant buy a nice scope or railing for AKs ,.VZs or insas.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Some one should have send this info to ministry of defence too....Our ct forces are still equipped with AKs and vzs with out any of the modifications just because MOD thinks such modifications are unnecessary as they are doing perfectly even with out any modifications.
They can spend 2.5 lakh per tavor rifle but cant buy a nice scope or railing for AKs ,.VZs or insas.
this pic i took few days ago.

Shot at 2012-02-04

if you see it has side rail adopter, so all you need is side rail quick release and quid guard rail. Both are not difficult to make specially when same is available on ebay. I think in Rs 5000 you will get both if made in bulk.

here is price of AK47 Quad Rail Hand Guard System
1) Fits AK 47and AK Variants
2) Solid Fit and align with barrel by unique two half steel ring without Damaging Barrel or Gas Tube
3) Precision Machined Out of Premium 6061 Aircraft Aluminum , Lightweight, Durable and 4) Rail Cover Included

Price: $ 74.99 / Each

AK 47 Quad Rail Hand Guard System

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles