Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Okay if you buy a carbine then why these pistol kits ?
Germans wanted to make their rifles and machine guns lighter. Russians wanted to make their SMGs way more powerful.
Sounds radically different right? But still they arrived at the exact same sweet spot; a 7.92x33mm assualt rifle and a 7.62x39mm assault rifle.

Similarly there's two way of arriving at this "carbine". One is by shortening barrel where you go from rifle (18-16") to assault rifle (14-12") to carbine (12-10"). And the other way is if you keep increasing the barrel length of a pistol up to a point where it's same as carbine's. So it's the second way of calling it a carbine; where technically it's still a pistol but because now it's barrel length (and that too "fake barrel") is close to carbine's it's called a carbine conversion.

Technically it's of no use from a military point of view, as you already have SMGs since last 60 or so years that come in the same form factor.

The problem starts with US civilian market. You can't own a semi-auto SMG just like you can own a semi-auto M4. You can't put a front grip on SMG, coz then it will be a AOW (Any Other Weapon) and you'll be in big trouble. You can't put a shoulder stock on a SMG, coz then it would be a SBR (Short Barrel Rifle) and it'll require a separate licence ($200).
So to solve all this mess and give civilian population the closest think they can get to a SMG they made these. You buy a pistol, you buy this...and now you have your rag tag MP-5K

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Thought so it's a replica
But where from did they get these , i want some too
heard from reddit nibbas airsoft is grey area , apparentely they'd have to label it as a toy or some quack like it , if only evike.in exists

Lonewarrior

Country flag
label it as a toy or some quack like it
Make the muzzle (or whatever muzzle brake, flash hider it has) as bright orange coloured as possible.

There was this huge controversy in US where I guess a kid was shot by police because his airsoft looked too real. So after that this regulation was passed that if your airsoft gun is 1:1 or hyper realistic then you must permanently add that orange identification marker.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
I don't understand bayonet and sideloading stock fetish of IA
y'all just ignorant and small minded , sideloading non adjustable stock is known to crack chinese skulls that is 2 times malleable than the normal human mind.

Real reason , yk those ak 12 stocks performing like ass in the war ? they were probably worried about that , atleast i hope so

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
y'all just ignorant and small minded , sideloading non adjustable stock is known to crack chinese skulls that is 2 times malleable than the normal human mind.

Real reason , yk those ak 12 stocks performing like ass in the war ? they were probably worried about that , atleast i hope so
Real reason is 💰 AK 12 stock was just a coincidence

kaboom

Country flag

well they are gonna move for aftermarket mods like fab at the end of the day
why not go for them from the start and not waste money on crap they are not gonna use

ManhattanProject

Country flag
well they are gonna move for aftermarket mods like fab at the end of the day
why not go for them from the start and not waste money on crap they are not gonna use
If the army had any idea of what its doing they would have just bought the Bulgarian clone we make inhouse and just have an aftermarket company supply the required kit to upgrade them from the factory.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I still feel we should have gone with a new design all together. The Ak after adding upgrade kits get too heavy, should have gone to a aluminium upper/polymer lower concept to keep the weight down. Another advantage would have been just swapping the upper for various terrain and usage like how the Marines have done with their M27

images (7) (29).jpeg

Last edited:

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
I still feel we should have gone with a new design all together. The Ak after adding upgrade kits get too heavy, should have gone to a aluminium upper/polymer lower concept to keep the weight down. Another advantage would have been just swapping the upper for various terrain and usage like how the Marines have done with their M27

View attachment 218804
1692371935123.png

Wasted potential

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
If the army had any idea of what its doing they would have just bought the Bulgarian clone we make inhouse and just have an aftermarket company supply the required kit to upgrade them from the factory.
Already told a zillion times here😂 Just make M5F41s here and add some optics and vertical grips.Problem solved.But IA thought process is different.ghuma firakar naak mein pakadne ka aadat he unlogon ko.Hope my Hindi is right

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Already told a zillion times here😂 Just make M5F41s here and add some optics and vertical grips.Problem solved.But IA thought process is different.ghuma firakar naak mein pakadne ka aadat he unlogon ko.Hope my Hindi is right
That would be totally logical choice.But then Russia will not be happy .then we will degrade the rifle further to another generation after some time they will buy a lot of upgrade kits.all of it could have been avoided

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles