Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Problem is we cant equip CAPF with army style rifles army got an ar10 and CAPF got OFB in 7.62x51.army doesn't want r2 untill now.and CAPF has no interest or money to buy an ar10 so
This craps costs almost 80% of sigs or maybe higher. Not only that I bet you that this consignment of rifle is really small. I mean on the one hand you have to buy uber x95s carbines with reflex sights and then you don't have money for good nato mag 7.62 rifle which costs much less than the above package. I mean unless you are kidding, I can't really accept your money argument.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
This craps costs almost 80% of sigs or maybe higher. Not only that I bet you that this consignment of rifle is really small. I mean on the one hand you have to buy uber x95s carbines with reflex sights and then you don't have money for good nato mag 7.62 rifle which costs much less than the above package. I mean unless you are kidding, I can't really accept your money argument.
Only some elite units buy x95.hell army cancelled the carbine deal even when each carbine costs only 1200dollar.they want all the gucci stuff and also cheap so cheap that they have to water even ak203 to almost vannilla ak103

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Lol, after seeing rfi, a normal average guy would think that- omg army wants such space for tactical lights, foregrips, LAMs and other Gucci gear, surely our next rifle will be great with all accessories and infantry will totally change to a modern one 💪. And then reality hits and sights to rhene do, yha proper rifle sling bhi provide Kara di toh bhagwan ki kripa hogi. I won't even be surprised if the guys who make procurement can't even differentiate between match ammo and ball ammo.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
I just said the truth .nothing snow fake about it.cultural differences and ar15 is the embodiment of americanism and ak47 of soviet bloc.i like ar15 more than the ak but after the russian ammo ban even american guntubers were silent and have to remember these are the dudes who would cry and make a video for 15 minutes straight for banning pistol braces
Sorry wrongly replied to you. That msg was for that whitecollar guy.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
The greatness of people in charge is so much that it blows my mind. On one hand capfs are going to get the rifle using FAL magzine and army is going for nato magpul magzines.
Calibre me standardization toh kar nhi paaye kam se kam mags m toh kar lo.
Is standardization thing alien to our armed forces. Damn, no wonder anyone seeing the condition our guys would certainly think that this is a complete circus.
If an AK like Galil-ACE could be adopted to accept SR-25 pattern magazines in 7.62 NATO variant,
so could an AR,
what is needed is AN INTENT

there existed several AR lower receiver only thing named LAR-8 from a Rock River Arms of the USA that did exactly this i.e. a receiver that could accept FAL magazines
1643984045712.png

1643984081797.png

1643984121576.png

So yeah, totally possible thing, if there was AN INTENT to keep magazine commonality for these calibres, platform be anything be it an AK (Ishapore Rifle) or an AR (say, SIG-716I, after all it was a custom made rifle that ONLY came out when we fielded the 7.62 NATO tender-competition etc), we could've asked dem Sig Sauer guys about making this sort of lower receiver for us etc etc...

Heck, YOU CAN EVEN MAKE AN FN SCAR-H ADOPT TO FAL MAGAZINES (with some workshop level modifications) BECAUSE IT FEEDS FROM FAL PATTERN MAGAZINES ONLY, JUST ADOPTED FOR PUSH-BUTTON PATTERN MAGAZINE RELEASE...already posted here many times by me, just search it

and needless to say, there already exist many aftermarket lower receivers in SR-25 pattern magazines for SCAR-H
1643984592046.png

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
What exactly did IA point out as a reason for failing this gun? I guess back in 2018, they said the rifle didn't meet floted QR.
They highlighted recoil issue, after Lt Gen Y.K Joshi tested it in automatic mode by firing from the hip.His famous quote was: "Recoil kafi hai iska".

Thereafter, Army chose Sig-716. And the rest as they say is history.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
If it's really 40k then why haven't we made any sales in Africa or Middle East.
Ya'll Nibbiars you expect marketing and sales pitch from the OFB?.

Mangal

Country flag
The way modernisation is going on it seems that apart from using multiple calibers, IA will be also using multiple guns in a same caliber.
Slow claps for planing and implementation process.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles