Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
So they are going from selling, marketing and maintaining arms to civilians, banks etc to manufacturing LMT rifles? Umm... Ok.
View attachment 109802
Still better than a firm which has absolutely no experience with firearms, atleast they’ll have armorers who have some experience in handling and maintaining firearms, considering we have a negligible civil firearms market, these guys and others like them are the next best bet after OFB units.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
i wonder who's behind this that he's been able to pull out successful (? yet to be seen) JV with one of the biggest small arms manufacturer that LMT is while even SSSD was later made to back off citing ITAR and what not...
and what's with the name 'Wery Win' huh sounds so gei...

about pairing with both Gilboa (of Israel) and LMT of the US of A, i think it would be offered in two segments,
Gilboa stuff for police, paramilitary etc
and LMT stuff for the Armed Forces,
mainly because Gilboa company itself is made up from retired IDF personnel who aimed to improvise their police forces' equipments with modern AR stuff made at 'home', while LMT is...well LMT.
Also this kind of deal of bringing same-similar products from two manufacturers seems like an 'insurance' stuff that if one backs off citing ITAR { LMT } then other could potentially still provide very similar stuff (both Gilboa and LMT makes 5.56 NATO, 7.62 NATO AR pattern firearms to start with)

overall nice idea, hope in future those SIG-716i we bought could be supplemented by LMT//Gilboa made stuff here {eventually overtaken}... 😪 but with many things happening here being too much hopeful is also a curse to have...

and yes, 7.62x39mm AR from Gilboa;
AK-203 deal is definitely dangered now.
Sorry, I wrote it wrongly, they have invested in UP Defence Corridor to make these, not yet in production.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Sorry, I wrote it wrongly, they have invested in UP Defence Corridor to make these, not yet in production.
@Johny_Baba they have invested 215 crore in Jhansi node of defence corridor, also they will be making ARs in 6.5 creedmoor and 6.8 SPC, so another plus point, CMT is already making CZ BRENs in Chennai, wonder how are they earning profits, maybe targetting civilian market or these companies are making here for lower cost of production for exports.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Also don’t think you noticed they’re also selling pistols from the Israeli firm EMTAN.
Yep i saw that, those guys are also quite similar to Gilboa, makes various flavours of AR etc,
but seems Gilboa is able to grab bigger partnership than them.

**************************************************************************************************************************

With this we have made some JVs with almost all popular firearms platforms in circulation,
>AK -> Kalashnikov Concern + OFB ; Arsenal Inc. + Kalyani ; Various OFBs making their own AKs; SSSD (?)
>AR - 15 -> Taurus of Brazil + Jindal ; SSSD (?) ; IWI + PLR ; Gilboa + { Emtan ? } + LMT + Wery Win
>AR - 18 -> Astr Defense { with their 'Indra' SCAR pattern rifles } ; CMT { with their Cz-807 stuffs }; {SSSD (?)}
>AUG -> Thales + MKU (?)
😏 perhaps what is remaining is those 'roller delayed blowback' pattern guns like MP-5 and so, bring that here some way and it'll be the end for some kraut embargoists
besides, i wish to see south korean Daewoo + Dasan weapons here, anybody interested in getting the JV with them ?

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Yep i saw that, those guys are also quite similar to Gilboa, makes various flavours of AR etc,
but seems Gilboa is able to grab bigger partnership than them.

**************************************************************************************************************************

With this we have made some JVs with almost all popular firearms platforms in circulation,
>AK -> Kalashnikov Concern + OFB ; Arsenal Inc. + Kalyani ; Various OFBs making their own AKs; SSSD (?)
>AR - 15 -> Taurus of Brazil + Jindal ; SSSD (?) ; IWI + PLR ; Gilboa + { Emtan ? } + LMT + Wery Win
>AR - 18 -> Astr Defense { with their 'Indra' SCAR pattern rifles } ; CMT { with their Cz-807 stuffs }; {SSSD (?)}
>AUG -> Thales + MKU (?)
😏 perhaps what is remaining is those 'roller delayed blowback' pattern guns like MP-5 and so, bring that here some way and it'll be the end for some kraut embargoists
besides, i wish to see south korean Daewoo + Dasan weapons here, anybody interested in getting the JV with them ?
If I’m not wrong the bankrupt Ambanis(Anil) company had a partnership with Daewoo, but ig it’s a no go now.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED STUFF

@abingdonboy @Aditya Ballal @aditya g @Bleh @brational @Bhumihar @Marliii @Hariharan_kalarikkal @shuvo@y2k10 @FalconSlayers @FalconZero @Pig benis on sushy @Spadex @WolfPack86 @Twinblade @Shaitan @kunla biswas dada @ghost @Vorschlaghammer @vampyrbladez @Aniruddha Mulay @Waanar @Subham Show @ALBY @MisraZ @SKC @Gessler @Vishalreddy3 and all

long story short,
a 4chan user visited Smithsonian Archives and received some VHS tapes of EUGENE STONER INTERVIEWS, EVEN THE FAMED MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV MEETING EUGENE STONER AND BOTH LEGENDS GIVING INTERVIEW etc all tapes, about 6 hours of content

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO YOU ALL HERE, ALSO PERSONAL SUGGESTION TO BACK THAT UP IN YOUR PERSONAL DRIVES AS YOUTHOOB CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH PRESERVING SUCH CONTENT DUE TO THEIR BULLSHIT POLICIES
here are both playlists,

The Eugene Stoner Tapes

Eugene Stoner and Mikhail Kalashnikov Meeting in Virginia, 1990
continuation
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED STUFF

@abingdonboy @Aditya Ballal @aditya g @Bleh @brational @Bhumihar @Marliii @Hariharan_kalarikkal @shuvo@y2k10 @FalconSlayers @FalconZero @Pig benis on sushy @Spadex @WolfPack86 @Twinblade @Shaitan @Kunal Biswas dada @ghost @Vorschlaghammer @vampyrbladez @Aniruddha Mulay @Waanar @Subham Show @ALBY @MisraZ @SKC @Gessler @Vishalreddy3 and all

same user that uploaded Eugene Stoner tapes also has uploaded Kalashnikov tapes, basically similar interview by Mikhail Kalashnikov, please do watch it and KEEP IT SAVED BEFORE YOUTHOOB JANNIES DECIDE TO TAKE IT DOWN!

Last edited:

Lonewarrior

Country flag
It's weird, but I'm forced to ask, why people get so excited on hearing about a JV!?

Trials will starts.
The OEM will supply the product from its facility.
If it gets the contract, then both parties will come back again on the JV terms.
Again a long negotiation will take place.
Then they will start the tooling process.
Numerous setbacks will be there during that. QC issues.
Then only they will start "making"

Signing of JV is not synonymous to manufacturing.

I've seen plethora of JVs getting signed, news portals and fanboys fapping, and that's it. No one even remembers.

Even Lewis Machine Tools once had a JV with SSS Defence.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
@Johny_Baba and others, any idea does the ARDE 5.56X45MM Carbine have an ambidextrous safety? I know the Amogh Carbine has this feature. Couldn’t find much more reliable info on this. The most in depth article/info regarding this gun I could find was from Kalashnikov’s rep Vladimir Onokoys article on TFB, but even he doesn’t mention anything about this.
And if Alpha Defense is right regarding ARDE hunting for a private partner to manufacture the gun is true, it could have a future atleast for state police forces or CAPFs and maybe a modernised version later for the Army.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
@Johny_Baba and others, any idea does the ARDE 5.56X45MM Carbine have an ambidextrous safety? I know the Amogh Carbine has this feature. Couldn’t find much more reliable info on this. The most in depth article/info regarding this gun I could find was from Kalashnikov’s rep Vladimir Onokoys article on TFB, but even he doesn’t mention anything about this.
And if Alpha Defense is right regarding ARDE hunting for a private partner to manufacture the gun is true, it could have a future atleast for state police forces or CAPFs and maybe a modernised version later for the Army.
The answer is yes, if you trust me then i cofirm that it can be made ambidextrous by affixing a selector piece upon this cross-pin protuding out at right side here,
1631727217155.png

in fact they even made OFB R-2 rifle in similar fasion to provide 'on demand' ambidextrousity to fire selector
1631727287897.png

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
The answer is yes, if you trust me then i cofirm that it can be made ambidextrous by affixing a selector piece upon this cross-pin protuding out at right side here,
View attachment 110279
in fact they even made OFB R-2 rifle in similar fasion to provide 'on demand' ambidextrousity to fire selector
View attachment 110281
Thanks, atleast someone had the brains to atleast leave a provision for it in ARDE.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
mods @ezsasa @ALBY @LurkerBaba @Kunal Biswas dada and all,

wanted to ask this before going ahead,
would a thread on 3-D printed firearms-weaponry be accepted here ? Asking since i feel posting-sharing much info regd it would be a little dangerous or even involving legal things, though in this age and time every such info is available on internet at some clicks so yeah...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles