Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
What is a two stage trigger, is it like the AUG bullpup that you press it fires semi and you press harder and it fires full auto
>mixing up two-stage trigger with progressive trigger
>at least 3 guys liking it
1631430988440.png

माय डिसप्पोइण्ट्मेंट इस इम्मिनेंट एंड माय डै इस रुइंड...

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
@Hariharan_kalarikkal @Marliii @Gessler @Johny_Baba

Here’s the company making these in India in UP Defence corridor, have invested ₹215 crore yesterday.

i wonder who's behind this that he's been able to pull out successful (? yet to be seen) JV with one of the biggest small arms manufacturer that LMT is while even SSSD was later made to back off citing ITAR and what not...
and what's with the name 'Wery Win' huh sounds so gei...

about pairing with both Gilboa (of Israel) and LMT of the US of A, i think it would be offered in two segments,
Gilboa stuff for police, paramilitary etc
and LMT stuff for the Armed Forces,
mainly because Gilboa company itself is made up from retired IDF personnel who aimed to improvise their police forces' equipments with modern AR stuff made at 'home', while LMT is...well LMT.
Also this kind of deal of bringing same-similar products from two manufacturers seems like an 'insurance' stuff that if one backs off citing ITAR { LMT } then other could potentially still provide very similar stuff (both Gilboa and LMT makes 5.56 NATO, 7.62 NATO AR pattern firearms to start with)

overall nice idea, hope in future those SIG-716i we bought could be supplemented by LMT//Gilboa made stuff here {eventually overtaken}... 😪 but with many things happening here being too much hopeful is also a curse to have...

and yes, 7.62x39mm AR from Gilboa;
AK-203 deal is definitely dangered now.

Last edited:

Tridev123

Country flag
Turns out the regulars are not replacing X95.

ARAD will go on to become standard for SOFs though.
The 7.62 * 39 calibre has become the calibre of choice for CQB or Counter Insurgency Operations in the Indian Army . At short ranges of around 200 mts the bullet penetrates soft human tissue more and is more lethal than the 5.56 * 45 round. Hence the popularity of the AK47 chambered for the same calibre. Also burst/auto firing by the AK47 using the 7.62 * 39 rounds is largely controllable vis-a-vis the 7.62 * 51 chambered rifles.

Now the Israeli ARAD rifle offers interchangeable barrels with the provision to use the 5.56 Nato and the 300 Block ammunition. A quite interesting choice of calibre.
The 300 Blk is a 7.62 * 35 mm round ammo.

Ideally the infantry soldier can use the 5.56 Nato ammunition for traditional warfare with all the advantages of the 5.56 Nato round at long ranges and switch over to the 7.62 * 35 mm ammunition for CQB. Since the ARAD can fire both types of ammunition by simply changing some parts of the rifle.

Now the question is
What are the ballistic qualities of the 300 Blk( 7.62 * 35) round.
How does it compare with the 7.62 * 39 round.
Are both approximately equal in performance.

Now India manufactures the 7.62 * 39 round in the country. Since the 300 Blk(7. 62 * 35)round is a new round what problems will we encounter. We will be adding one more calibre to the inventory.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
i wonder who's behind this that he's been able to pull out successful (? yet to be seen) JV with one of the biggest small arms manufacturer that LMT is while even SSSD was later made to back off citing ITAR and what not...

about pairing with both Gilboa (of Israel) and LMT of the US of A, i think it would be offered in two segments,
mainly because Gilboa company itself is made up from retired IDF personnel who aimed to improvise their police forces' equipments with modern AR stuff made at 'home', while LMT is...well LMT.
Also this kind of deal of bringing same-similar products from two manufacturers seems like an 'insurance' stuff that if one backs off citing ITAR { LMT } then other could potentially still provide very similar stuff (both Gilboa and LMT makes 5.56 NATO, 7.62 NATO AR pattern firearms to start with)

overall nice idea, hope in future those SIG-716i we bought could be supplemented by LMT//Gilboa made stuff here {eventually overtaken}... 😪 but with many things happening here being too much hopeful is also a curse to have...

Wery Win is partly owned by a Singaporean company too, so IG that’s why the wierd name😂
83879449-3DAC-4CBB-B2AB-FC28D7654065.jpeg

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Also don’t think you noticed they’re also selling pistols from the Israeli firm EMTAN.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles