Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Are the muzzle brakes of Insas compatible with an Ak ?I heard that krinkov muzzle brakes (the ones in ak74m) are the best in world compared with the ones in M4s.
What is important why i used Insas muzzle flasher coz its metric threaded, This almost produce no flash even at night where as other rifle produce huge amount of flash..

Insas once deign for Insas but same can be deigned for AK barrel..

Are the weapons used by IA except tavors could mount flashlights without any rail?
Duct tape.. :D

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Are the muzzle brakes of Insas compatible with an Ak ?I heard that krinkov muzzle brakes (the ones in ak74m) are the best in world compared with the ones in M4s. Ps:as far as govt is not gonna buy optics there is need for rails:). Are the weapons used by IA except tavors could mount flashlights without any rail?
kunal sir
this AK by OFB has special feature on the trigger grip, it has safety, single and full auto level on it, today i saw that with CISF commandos but i was too far to get good pic. In few days i will get that pic.

SO soldiers can easily shift with thumb on the grip it self.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
But has fixed butt......
The butt must be adjustable and folding... it is not a world war assault rifle that is required today but a short and sleek adjustable gun for all purposes...

The magazine is long and bulky which changes CG of the gun as the ammunition is expended and being long hinders in taking aim in lying position as magazine touched the ground...

Impracticable fools just do copy and paste...
Bhadra don't you know that cutting down the weight and length of an assault rifle will drastically affect its controllablity?Plus these modern butts could be adjusted according to the user and Ak is not a lengthy weapon so that won't be a problem eventhough not an underfolder.the modifications are not impractical coz they are employed in the SF units of russia,israel and USA successfully.
As coming to the issue of mags you couldn't reshape it coz the ammunition is 7.62 and 5.56 type short design can't be used.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
But has fixed butt......
The butt must be adjustable and folding... it is not a world war assault rifle that is required today but a short and sleek adjustable gun for all purposes...

The magazine is long and bulky which changes CG of the gun as the ammunition is expended and being long hinders in taking aim in lying position as magazine touched the ground...

Impracticable fools just do copy and paste...
Bhadra don't you know that cutting down the weight and length of an assault rifle will drastically affect its controllablity?Plus these modern butts could be adjusted according to the user and Ak is not a lengthy weapon so that won't be a problem eventhough not an underfolder.the modifications are not impractical coz they are employed in the SF units of russia,israel and USA successfully.
As coming to the issue of mags you couldn't reshape it coz the ammunition is 7.62 and 5.56 type short design can't be used.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Bayonet for AK, can cut wire with sheath.

sandy_3126

^ Ak to begin with is not a long rifle, My Akm M10 is actually shorter than my Marlin .22 cal semi auto. What I do find rare is mounting picatinny rails on the dust cover/receiver cover. the cover is usually for most AK stamped sheet, and is a press fit with the tab which lets you remove it. Usually AK variants feature side mounted rails for optics to provide a more rigid mounting surface.

Side mounted optics on my AKM:

pmaitra

^^

Is that a 20 round magazine?

Also, who assembled it? Armalite? Do you own this one?

sandy_3126

^^

Is that a 20 round magazine?

Also, who assembled it? Armalite? Do you own this one?
i'll answer in reverse order;

Yes i own this among others.

not armalite,
It is a FA Cugir arsenal fresh manufactured (not surplus) base AKM imported by M&M arms in colarado. M&M arms does the picatinny rails on the foregrip, tapco pistol grip, tapco stock and tapco trigger assembly.
I added the aftermarket; leapers 5 pos forward grip, side mounted optics rail, match grade barrel, leapers UTG red dot with QD mounts, and NCstar tactical flashlight.

And it's a 10 round mag, CA legal

Last edited:

pmaitra

^^

Ha ha, good choice. You need to get a 10 round magazine for that. Need to find a good gun-smith. Perhaps some local gun store can help you.

Do get one. They are a dream to own, and for most part, can handle civvie .308 pretty well.

sandy_3126

^^

Ha ha, good choice. You need to get a 10 round magazine for that. Need to find a good gun-smith. Perhaps some local gun store can help you.

Do get one. They are a dream to own, and for most part, can handle civvie .308 pretty well.
I found one in my local gun store, tthe problem is if I buy one more rifle, my gf just might kill me...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles