Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I remember seeing this when I was small, mostly captured from militants, some of the police even use M-16s Hk-G3/33 but hardly these days with occasional Type-56 mixing with police Aks. Also, there use to be group of Army Gypsy armed with similar weapon with drum mag that was like 20 years ago.
There was a pic of certain Army SF or Paramilitary trooper flaunting AR-18 here; said to be in limited service. Have you ever seen AR-18 anywhere in first person ? I lost that pic and trying hard to find it but so far no success.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I remember seeing this when I was small, mostly captured from militants, some of the police even use M-16s Hk-G3/33 but hardly these days with occasional Type-56 mixing with police Aks. Also, there use to be group of Army Gypsy armed with similar weapon with drum mag that was like 20 years ago.
Atleast in one occasion Parad were seen using RPD.Never saw any RPK though.RPDs mightnot be used in numbers because of the difficulty in getting the ammo belts for 7.62x39. anyway Bulgarian RPKs for RR was a good option than Insas LMG

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
There was a pic of certain Army SF or Paramilitary trooper flaunting AR-18 here; said to be in limited service. Have you ever seen AR-18 anywhere in first person ? I lost that pic and trying hard to find it but so far no success.
Its in Shathrujeet page

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Atleast in one occasion Parad were seen using RPD.Never saw any RPK though.RPDs mightnot be used in numbers because of the difficulty in getting the ammo belts for 7.62x39. anyway Bulgarian RPKs for RR was a good option than Insas LMG
Have seen a fair amount of rare guns in Manipur during mid-90s to early 2000s. I still remember seeing INSAS for the first time around 96-97 while going through Nagaland on the way to Shillong, it was very different from the rest of the regular weapons. The first time I saw AK in close-up was in 97 when I went to Aunt Farm for a picnic there were four Army personnel posted there, at first the adults were reluctant for us to talk to them however, we being kids end up playing with their Aks, I think it was Romanian one as the handguard were orange. That is also the first time I saw an AK round has some greenish-black casing for the brand-new round. Then down the line saw many time of gun in service with state police, one time saw Burmese MA series rifles. But M16 and one with M203 were spotted often. Also the FN FAL with bipods. After few years later got my chance to fire INSAS and Sterling, sterling I shot very badly that I broke the target bamboo pole but INSAS at 200 meter the instructor said I did very very good.
Never seen AR-18 here maybe it is there and I might have not noticed it, but back it was pretty must wild wild east.

Rchauhan

Country flag
Have seen a fair amount of rare guns in Manipur during mid-90s to early 2000s. I still remember seeing INSAS for the first time around 96-97 while going through Nagaland on the way to Shillong, it was very different from the rest of the regular weapons. The first time I saw AK in close-up was in 97 when I went to Aunt Farm for a picnic there were four Army personnel posted there, at first the adults were reluctant for us to talk to them however, we being kids end up playing with their Aks, I think it was Romanian one as the handguard were orange. That is also the first time I saw an AK round has some greenish-black casing for the brand-new round. Then down the line saw many time of gun in service with state police, one time saw Burmese MA series rifles. But M16 and one with M203 were spotted often. Also the FN FAL with bipods. After few years later got my chance to fire INSAS and Sterling, sterling I shot very badly that I broke the target bamboo pole but INSAS at 200 meter the instructor said I did very very good.

Never seen AR-18 here maybe it is there and I might have not noticed it, but back it was pretty must wild wild east.
Talking about rare sites ,,, I have seen Tommy Gun with UP Police Jawan once .

kaboom

Country flag
Recently saw an image of M16A2 Rifle with M203 Grenade Launcher(I Guess) captured
Was it in service with police or was it smuggled via Myanmar.

Blademaster

finally, have to re-render it again, here is the so-called Kuki village defence force firing Ma-1 rifles at Meetei villages.
This needs to be bombed out. Kuki started this thing against Meltei. Meltei hindus need to finish this against Kukis.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles