Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Here's their new semi auto DMR in 7.62x51
View attachment 212649

Interestingly this DMR doesn't have a gas regulator but the carbines do.
> DMs take care of their rifles way more than a regular grunt does for his carbine.
> Carbines have full auto so you need a gas regulator to keep RPM constant at 650-700 no matter how dirty the gun is or how hot the ammo is. There's no RPM in DMR, all semis

So technically yes, a regulator can benefit you slightly in reducing recoil in case of suppressed firing but practically a DMR can run absolutely fine without one

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
@Johny_Baba hee prabhu... Are RPK and/or RPD used by Indian army. Seems like quite the handy tool in SAW role.

Now that our LMG is going to become the belt-fed (earlier only in GPMGs) Negev, what's the differences with drums?

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
@Johny_Baba hee prabhu... Are RPK and/or RPD used by Indian army. Seems like quite the handy tool in SAW role.

Now that our LMG is going to become the belt-fed (earlier only in GPMGs) Negev, what's the differences with drums?
There were some pics in past with probably Romanian version of RPK in hand of one of our troop, so i guess yes. But those must be rare because they are already categorized as LMG.

Edit - found one pic, not exactly from army but with chinese looking RPK clone, must be captured
1688543587226.png

Rest i guess both RPD and RPK are captured in good numbers and under possessions as captured terrorist weapons here and can easily be put in good use like many of those Type-56 we did; at what extent it happenes with these guns is not known to me.

Last edited:

tomthounaojam

Country flag
There were some pics in past with probably Romanian version of RPK in hand of one of our troop, so i guess yes. But those must be rare because they are already categorized as LMG.

Edit - found one pic, not exactly from army but with chinese looking RPK clone, must be captured
View attachment 213195

Rest i guess both RPD and RPK are captured in good numbers and under possessions as captured terrorist weapons here and can easily be put in good use like many of those Type-56 we did; at what extent it happenes with these guns is not known to me.
I remember seeing this when I was small, mostly captured from militants, some of the police even use M-16s Hk-G3/33 but hardly these days with occasional Type-56 mixing with police Aks. Also, there use to be group of Army Gypsy armed with similar weapon with drum mag that was like 20 years ago.

Hari Sud

Country flag
I remember seeing this when I was small, mostly captured from militants, some of the police even use M-16s Hk-G3/33 but hardly these days with occasional Type-56 mixing with police Aks. Also, there use to be group of Army Gypsy armed with similar weapon with drum mag that was like 20 years ago.
‘Barrel length adds to accuracy. Any short barrel is a close quarter firearm.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles