Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

You mean this one?
Yes this one only! Thanks, was searching hard about this one.

I wonder how come we did not go ahead with AR-18 as base design to make our domestic assault rifle when INSAS program was going on, like it checks all marks for a cheap, easy to maass manufacture and overall reliable if made properly assault rifle; and so many direct derivatives already existed = Sterling made a licensed copy, Singaporeans made at least three variants from base AR-18, Japan made Howa Type 89 and indirect derivatives like ACR, FN SCAR, Cz 805/807 BREN and what not.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

I wonder how come we did not go ahead with AR-18 as base design to make our domestic assault rifle when INSAS program was going on, like it checks all marks for a cheap, easy to maass manufacture and overall reliable if made properly assault rifle; and so many direct derivatives already existed = Sterling made a licensed copy, Singaporeans made at least three variants from base AR-18, Japan made Howa Type 89 and indirect derivatives like ACR, FN SCAR, Cz 805/807 BREN and what not.
Or instead we could have made a copy of Ak in 5.56 than incorporating various components of various rifles and mess it up big time.I am seeing the Kalashnikov variants made by N Korea Sudan Ethiopia Iran etc.Compared with our Insas family and Ghatak they are rollce royces

Lonewarrior

Country flag

> We already had expertise and tooling for FAL; going for AR-180 just meant more money from OFB's point of view
> Sterling, Howa all were licensed from ArmaLite as the AR-18 patent was active at that time; do you really think OFB will pay for licences?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
> We already had expertise and tooling for FAL; going for AR-180 just meant more money from OFB's point of view
> Sterling, Howa all were licensed from ArmaLite as the AR-18 patent was active at that time; do you really think OFB will pay for licences?
Sterling and Howa got licenses by virtue of partnership with Armalite as they themselves were having financial difficulties in keeping on production - they made some 1200 some AR-18 military versions and sourced AR-180 civilian variant from both Sterling and Howa by getting 5000 some from each one, and rest of manufacturing-selling was done by Sterling and Howa on their own. In return they got the technical package for relatively cheaper.
And frankly by the time we launched INSAS program its patent had already died and even when patent was alive many others made copies and/or derivatives of AR-18 on their own like Leader Dynamics T2 MK5 from Australia which used triangular faced bolt and Armalite never seem to have bothered about it much giving to their own financial woes - so in almost all cases it was possible for us to make our own AR-18 copy or derivative; by either say getting license and tooling-machinery etc all from Sterling (they gave us license and ToT for those Sterling Submachine Guns in past & by early 90s they were already under stress from worsening financial conditions so a buyout from them would have made it possible) or just taking apart AR-18 // AR-180 and reverse engineering the hell out of it. Going Norinco way basically like how they went with 1A SLR here in past.

As for FAL//SLR in 5.56mm, only two noteworthy cases that actually reached to military adaptation to some limited scale werefrom Argentina that just outright rebarreled their existing FALs into 5.56mm one and put a STANAG comptatible mag well, or Brazil that made their IMBEL rifles in 5.56mm - doesn't seem to work that well.

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
alright guys, my personal recommendation for you

@Aditya Ballal @ALBY @BlackViking @Lonewarrior @Lonewolf @Kunal Biswas @Marliii @Love Charger @NoobWannaLearn @NotASussyBoi @tomthounaojam @FalconSlayers @abingdonboy @Abdus Salem killed @Bleh @Tactical Doge @GaudaNaresh @Spadex @Twinblade @kaboom @WolfPack86 @vampyrbladez @HeadlessChicken and all,

LAST DAY TODAY FOR FULL VERSION OF "GUNS FULL ACCESS" FOR WORLD OF GUNS: GUNS DISASSEMBLY FOR JUST 296 Rupees during this steam sell
1689195260539.png

base game is free to play but to unlock all guns is quite a grind and for learning and know-how perspective not much worth it; but for just 300 some rupees you can get a visual encyclopedia of vast amount of guns.

I PERSONALLY HEAVILY RECOMMEND THIS TO YOU ALL
do not think, just buy it
:pray:

besides if you won't buy it today on last day of this summer sell, you will regret it later bekoze nirmamata taai's kudrishti is coming on video gaming now
1689195451037.png

so yeah

Last edited:

Lonewarrior

Country flag

@Aditya Ballal @ALBY @BlackViking @Lonewarrior @Lonewolf @Kunal Biswas @Marliii @Love Charger @NoobWannaLearn @NotASussyBoi @tomthounaojam @FalconSlayers @abingdonboy @Abdus Salem killed @Bleh @Tactical Doge @GaudaNaresh @Spadex @Twinblade @kaboom @WolfPack86 @vampyrbladez @HeadlessChicken and all,

LAST DAY TODAY FOR FULL VERSION OF "GUNS FULL ACCESS" FOR WORLD OF GUNS: GUNS DISASSEMBLY FOR JUST 296 Rupees during this steam sell
View attachment 214215

base game is free to play but to unlock all guns is quite a grind and for learning and know-how perspective not much worth it; but for just 300 some rupees you can get a visual encyclopedia of vast amount of guns.

besides if you won't buy it today on last day of this summer sell, you will regret it later bekoze nirmamata taai's kudrishti is coming on video gaming now
View attachment 214216
so yeah
Arre dhanyawad Bhaiya...par ye to khair tha hi.

Aap kahin se TDP ka jugaad krein tab na kuch baat bane gareeb ka...
🥲

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

View attachment 214215

View attachment 214216
so yeah
Shouldn't affect actual video games purchase unless they have gatcha elements

BlackViking

Country flag

View attachment 214215

View attachment 214216
so yeah
Late ho gaya🥲

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Anyone fancy going to Laos for gun sports? I think it is the nearest for most of us where we can fire good rifles even RPG if you have the money. Thailand is just a tourist scam, Vietnam is ok but the bullet price is very high.
Paisa nai hai sir , mai nepal nai jasakta aap laos keh rahe .
#SEDLYF
#NOGUNSPORTS
#FAKEERIJINDAGI

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Late ho gaya🥲
chalo free ka maal deta hu fir, just be sure to not use your mobile internet bekoze intrusive ads but if internet is turned off it's pretty much flawless

this is rather 2.5D app unlike one i recommended above which provides full 3d view upto near-complete disassembly of parts and all, but as a basic on-the-go mobile app it's more than enough to introduce you to various kind of weaponry and its workings

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
chalo free ka maal deta hu fir, just be sure to not use your mobile internet bekoze intrusive ads but if internet is turned off it's pretty much flawless

this is rather 2.5D app unlike one i recommended above which provides full 3d view upto near-complete disassembly of parts and all, but as a basic on-the-go mobile app it's more than enough to introduce you to various kind of weaponry and its workings
Tnx looks unique will give it a go

Lonewarrior

Country flag

😏
TDP...

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Anyone fancy going to Laos for gun sports? I think it is the nearest for most of us where we can fire good rifles even RPG if you have the money. Thailand is just a tourist scam, Vietnam is ok but the bullet price is very high.
Cambodia too, many videos of people firing guns in their ranges.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles