Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ManhattanProject

Country flag
View attachment 176996View attachment 176997
ASMI, gun looks good except for that stupid airsoft optic on it. Looks like they ditched the rail mounted flip-up iron sights and now has integral iron sights.
The US guys and the cunts at the TFB blog will reject it completely based on the optic. But the gun looks promising for rear echelon troops and vehicle crews. NSG with probably stick to sig mpx and mp5, they seen to not like simple blowback stuff

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Wonder why they can’t use RRP S4E’s PR-100A Reflex Dot Sight. Hell even Adani-PLR Systems-IWI also use this optic when displaying their Micro-Uzi’s. I understand why the good Lt Col couldn’t do it due to budget issues, but once it reaches ARDE/DRDO or private hands this is no longer acceptable.View attachment 177000View attachment 177001View attachment 177002View attachment 177003
4995DACE-1434-4781-B3EF-0FE42214040A.png

PLR guys have proved me right again, by mounting indigenous optics on a good number of their firearms despite they themselves make the Meprolight line of optics in India. BEL Trinetra Multi-Purpose Reflex Sight on the newly named Arka (Tar-21) and RRP S4E PR-100A Reflex Sight on the Abhay (X-95).

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Here, Viv Krishnan spoke about the difficulties in getting German CNC and CMM makers to sell their CNC/CMM Machines to india for use in the Defence manufacturing sector. Thankfully SSSD were able to source Haas CNC Machines from the US of A, which are also seen in the video from the post I’ve quoted.

SSSD’s Integrated R&D, testing and production facilities in Bangalore.

indian5knight

Country flag
I think SSS Defence should invest more in marketing. You guys are showcasing your R&D capability it's okay but if you want to convince gun enthusiasts of US market you need to show more with respect to the product. We didn't see any video regarding SSS Defence gun's accuracy and grouping. Then the mud, sand, and water test and height drop test.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
The charging handle came loose while firing, which is concerning.
The castle nut is not staked in place like it should be any decent AR15, The rifle seems overgassed to me and now i am worried.

View attachment 176990

View attachment 176991
Hmmm you’re right about the charging handle part and castle nut part, the gassing of the gun, I don’t really know much about so I won’t comment. Usually the common practice in the firearms industry is that Milspec guns are usually overgassed right?
View attachment 176994
F5FFD391-083E-431C-9231-2F504E112041.jpeg

AB5FA3F3-DEF0-4579-B413-0C82002BD8BA.jpeg

My conversation with Viv Krishnan on some of the issues spotted by members on this thread. I agree faliures will happen for sure on the way to making something great, I probably wouldn’t have put on PR material meant for the public, but I guess they had to show something about it. Kudos to him for atleast admitting it and still replying to me.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
View attachment 177286
View attachment 177284
My conversation with Viv Krishnan on some of the issues spotted by members on this thread. I agree faliures will happen for sure on the way to making something great, I probably wouldn’t have put on PR material meant for the public, but I guess they had to show something about it. Kudos to him for atleast admitting it and still replying to me.
Man so far as I have seen even on twitter dude is humble af and really is passionate about his work wish him all the best for his future and god I love there sniper designs hopefully they win the rfi

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
well i initially avoided talking about SSS Defense's AR because somewhere inside me i had this hunch that it's gonna be a presentation messup and that's why i just left a ;lol; reaction where @Aditya Ballal pulled my leg for my previous criticism of their claims regd indigeniousness and so (though let me be clear again for nth time, i don't mind them going full choyna rather i approve it, but going too much on ;claims of indigeneousness; regarding every damn thing is hurting their own image when they get debunked this easily by a mere bunch of forum members, leave real professions aside so my opinion is they should rather let their products speak more than their marketing)

As people DID notice about certain things - made comments, them replying back and so, this is my reply now
> regd castle nut not seated that properly in place
The castle nut design IS THE MOST RETARDED DESIGN FEATURE STILL CONTINUED ON AR-15 that should've been replaced in newer ARs with a better design in place that doesn't require a set of dedicated tool to even affix - unaffix it...but guess in the west where they have knack for overengineering and using tonnes of tools to even rotate a simple nut-screw around...it works for them as their sort of ;soldier proofing;
and as if it wasn't enough, they even used end plate of receiver AND THE PISTOL GRIP ITSELF for enclosing those tiny housings of takedown pins and fire selector detents (= spring loaded locks) respectively
cannot get what i mean ? just refer this pic
1666173912157.png

1666173933120.png

1666173949293.png

^if either of these is loose then it would cause problems,
and someone i know on teligram suffered exactly this on his AR-15, as detent of takedown pin overshoot takedown pin itself and jammed it compeletely and he wasn't able to open up his AR-15 apart, i instructed him to get a castle nut spanner so he could turn it around, loose the receiver end plate and pull out that pin to clear jamming and fix it all later

🤷‍♂️ too long, didn't read, coming back,
the SSS Defense guys may or may not be at fault here, sure they didn't punch a dimple through buttstock retaining plate at place where front notch of castle nut is located to sit it properly but many in the west do not do it to prevent potential damage to receiver end plate, they rather use locktite or such glues in place which can be undone if it is required to open and so - but crux of the problem here is this retarded design itself that is continued so far;
and since these guys are making their own AR (or at least claim about it 🤷‍♂️ ) they sould try to redesign it to something that doesn't require this much maintenance considerations - do everything possible to replace castle nut design with another alternatives, that is easy to disassemble and maintain

> regd charging handle flying backwards when fired
This is nothing new and nothing to be ashamed about, please cut some criticism to SSS Defense guys here at least (probably potential overgassing is also causing it but coming there later)
Even in best of the AR design it happens because of loose spring tension on lock AND/OR sometimes the locking surface of that lock and the notch cut for locking just doesn't align so well - or are worn out
1666172408184.png

^these are some reasons why many civilians in the US of A prefer to get a separate 'double lock' type charging handle, sometimes even with two locking latches on each side - and even some newer military ARs are adopting it

so yeah, it is just what it is, and it happens, and it's easy to fix just work a bit on mentioned parts

> regd muzzle rise-recoil and overgassing
well i believe if they are making their own AR and also Ammo - reminder they also have partnership with CBC of Brazil for ammo manufacturing so their ammo standards should be much near to what NATO uses etc they should have already considered this part beforehand,
and i don't see much gasses coming out from ejection port side (then again it is facing other side and there is a giant optic mounted exactly on top to further obstruct visuals, and lastly vdo quality doesn't do justice) - so considering it all i don't think there is much overgassing things here,
to me it is the shooter himself that appears to be not trained much well, like he's not standing that firm plus even on semi auto he just let the trigger go even before reaffirming his position from recoil impulse etc - even closing his eyes whenever it is fired and aiming down again or something 🤷‍♂️

so yeah, there is possibility of overgassing but shooter himself is also responsbile here

> regd SSS Defense CEO offering ;tour; to their facility
Well fuck it, seems they know ;how; part but not ;why; part regarding guns,
i am ready to go there and provide as much suggestions-guidance regd things i know and they do not regd various firearms (minus sniper rifles, not my cup of tea), but being a gujju not for free 😏
i expect they at least provide me for return ticket plus dining-lodging accomodations (don't ask for much luxury, just a single bed single fan single room with enough sunlight and air and electricity ports is enough and regular vegetarian thali would do), plus whatever they could give in monetary terms in return for working with them...maybe a 4-5 days to a week visit would suffice
though do note i am not a mechanical engineer to start with, i just know guns because i had certain passion about it and have been reading-gaining understanding about guns since maybe 2008 around...internet connection and forums boosted that part.

i wish @Lonewarrior bhai would also come along, he is a proper mechanical engineering guy after all

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Ghaatak ? the guy has put Trichy there in video description though,
btw you noticed it suffered a malfunction on last round
View attachment 177360
Do you know how come stamped receiver ghataks and Insas have absolute shit metal parts and Tar has almost similar quality as that of a Bulgarian Ak?I dont think being a stamped steel weapon is the issue as Russian Aks are whole lot another level in therms of fit finish and durability.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
provide as much suggestions-guidance regd things i know
The level of knowledge "we" have is so much and so advanced that we ourselves can make (obviously if we get all resource) firearms so much better that those of any local vendor; let alone SSS Defence that we can bag contracts from MoD.

So people here, always think twice before giving your valuable knowledge just for sake of a validation.
You're a threat for them, you have the potential to beat them.....Act accordingly

he is a proper mechanical engineering guy
PCM - BBA - MBA
🥲

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles