Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
😏 that's a nice short stroke gas piston AR papers you've got there, this is a bit more *advanced* than what SSS is offering in their AR,
krauts still seething about others kopying this lol, but fuck them...
This's in semi-auto, right ? but guess full auto conversion is easy peasy thing...
i know what this one is as i also have these papers, let others guess...have already provided 'nuff hints
1652023951220.png

SSSD intend on making a Short Stroke Piston version of their AR-15 Patterned rifle itseems at a later stage.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
😏 that's a nice short stroke gas piston AR papers you've got there, this is a bit more *advanced* than what SSS is offering in their AR,
krauts still seething about others kopying this lol, but fuck them...
This's in semi-auto, right ? but guess full auto conversion is easy peasy thing...
i know what this one is as i also have these papers, let others guess...have already provided 'nuff hints
Yup, totally agree. SSS is never going to even come close to those Krauts, even if they really start doing in house R&D.

I mean, drilling a hole in the barrel extention to add a pin to support the extractor claw while firing with the bore filled with water is something only they can come up with.

You know if you know 🤭

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Yup, totally agree. SSS is never going to even come close to those Krauts, even if they really start doing in house R&D.

I mean, drilling a hole in the barrel extention to add a pin to support the extractor claw while firing with the bore filled with water is something only they can come up with.

You know if you know 🤭
If it fires, it works

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

You know if you know 🤭
well to be honest it's ok, after all there isn't much R&D happening in terms of actual new designs nowadays, everybody are taking 'inspirations' of older designs and trying to do their own derivations of older works based on various things,
for us it'd be a great thing to even drill the basics here before trying to move ahead with custom works, so that way i fully support them, perhaps this would be first step in going ;choyneez; in terms of local small arms production here...baby steps
btw just since they're boasting a lot about their AR being fully homemade and so,
i wish they'd at least try to provide AUG style quick detach barrels on it, for trying to be something ;unique;
Steyr already did it with their STM-556 rifle that participated against HK416 in that Bundeswehr tender for replacement of G36 but lost out to local derivative of HK416 itself
why am i asking for such development ? well this provides them with a near-ready solution of providing Assault Rifle, Carbine, LMG, DMR etc thing in a single package with just a swap of a barrel (and some other minor parts if needed) just like how Steyr AUG is - but this time on AR platform...

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
well to be honest it's ok, after all there isn't much R&D happening in terms of actual new designs nowadays, everybody are taking 'inspirations' of older designs and trying to do their own derivations of older works based on various things,
for us it'd be a great thing to even drill the basics here before trying to move ahead with custom works, so that way i fully support them, perhaps this would be first step in going ;choyneez; in terms of local small arms production here...baby steps
btw just since they're boasting a lot about their AR being fully homemade and so,
i wish they'd at least try to provide AUG style quick detach barrels on it, for trying to be something ;unique;
Steyr already did it with their STM-556 rifle that participated against HK416 in that Bundeswehr tender for replacement of G36 but lost out to local derivative of HK416 itself
why am i asking for such development ? well this provides them with a near-ready solution of providing Assault Rifle, Carbine, LMG, DMR etc thing in a single package with just a swap of a barrel (and some other minor parts if needed) just like how Steyr AUG is - but this time on AR platform...
oh btw AUG reminded me, i wonder how come nobody made a 7.62 NATO version of AUG,
not even Steyr or Lithgow Arms,
the only thing i know of that's somewhat near to this is that australian attempt at NGSW-ish rifle in 6.8mm cal

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Indian army will never standardize, we Indians are moving towards our usual self
Fighting with many different weapons amd many types of combat uniform. Uniformity has died in teh army .
Wait and curse our luck as we see indian army issuing theater specific assault rifles to jawans.
For China 7.62 51
For pak 7.62 39
For internal duties, 5.56.
I feel like crying sometimes

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Hehehe

For that they'll first need AUG's TDP and that's yet to appear on open source.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Nice pic though. Anymore of these. FYI in Andhra the lizard in the picture is eaten, it is said to give strength to lower back.
Sir ji, they are a from a publication called pearsons
They publish such illustrations about thousands of military stuff

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles