Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flying Dagger

Country flag

SGOperative

Country flag
For 40,000 rifle requirement they could have gone for full in house production here in India even with pvt sector.

But our Khangress gang pressure and abusive campaign against pvt sector and OFB dominance along with commision Khors sitting in every square means simply import.
dint we order this PLR?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Nope, they did proposed the make in India route but we went for direct purchase with the Israeli arm .

That's why I mentioned Khangress and hate towards adani etc killing defence industry.
I am scared to find out the amount of corruption we have in our defence establishments. Who knows we might find a whole big hydra there.
Why hate khangress, deal made under bjp and by army jernails. The lack of brain among procurements by army just points to one direction and that is corruption inside army.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I am scared to find out the amount of corruption we have in our defence establishments. Who knows we might find a whole big hydra there.
Why hate khangress, deal made under bjp and by army jernails. The lack of brain among procurements by army just points to one direction and that is corruption inside army.
Hate Khangress because their anti adani Ambani campaign made government shiver from going for big deals that involve pvt party specially then This is one of the reason next batch of Rafale is delayed after 2016...

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
What about the the rest of the requirement for 7.62x51 rifles? Dont tell me we are gonna put another RFI and select an another rifle in slow process ? Better than buying an OFB one and getting fu*ked up

Marliii

Country flag
I would buy the ofb one of they made mags interchangeable with sig, else it is just a giant mess.
OFB itself has no trust left .those bosos and their insas fiasco was the biggest hit to made in india weapon systems.OFB literally fucked up and made the entire indian Industry look bad .they had to partner with kalanishkov so that they can make even AK or else army wouldn't have accepted them

Flying Dagger

Country flag
OFB itself has no trust left .those bosos and their insas fiasco was the biggest hit to made in india weapon systems.OFB literally fucked up and made the entire indian Industry look bad .they had to partner with kalanishkov so that they can make even AK or else army wouldn't have accepted them
That too is thrusted upon the army if they had their way they wouldn't have picked them. The only good thing is Russian company has equal stake in it and would monitor the production standard and quality and hopefully they will do the job right

Marliii

Country flag
That too is thrusted upon the army if they had their way they wouldn't have picked them. The only good thing is Russian company has equal stake in it and would monitor the production standard and quality and hopefully they will do the job right
After the whole Ukraine fiasco I dont think kalanishkov or any russian armed industry is gonna perform well.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
What about the the rest of the requirement for 7.62x51 rifles? Dont tell me we are gonna put another RFI and select an another rifle in slow process ? Better than buying an OFB one and getting fu*ked up
We are in negotiation phase with Sig as they have increased the price for next batch possibly..

Once that bottle neck is removed we will go for it...

Else there will be another AR-15 platform and the process will be delayed by 5 years around.

After the whole Ukraine fiasco I dont think kalanishkov or any russian armed industry is gonna perform well.
Kalashnikov won't die.... They are too big to fail and the quality standard is good too.

In any case once the production start in India we will be able to improve on and get new iteration too.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Have you ever thought why adani got the offset deal with Dassault. Ideally all planes offsets deals have gone to Tata and they are logically the company to look for as they have good experience in aviation space, i won't be surprised if there was some kind of offsets scam here, no proof put just my hunch.
Adani got offset with Dassault ?

You sure about that... Please check your source again...

Tata in aviation sector getting offset deals ? What do you even mean by that please check your source and come back.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Adani got offset with Dassault ?

You sure about that... Please check your source again...

Tata in aviation sector getting offset deals ? What do you even mean by that please check your source and come back.
Sorry Ambani and reliance was on mind but it got turned to adani🥲, now 'Ambani adani' phrase goes like bread and butter after the number of times I have heard it in social media , I meant to say Reliance and by tata I mean it's the company which makes parts for aircrafts for global giants and offsets going to a new comer and especially reliance was really a surprise to me.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Sorry Ambani and reliance was on mind but it got turned to adani🥲, now 'Ambani adani' goes like bread and butter after the number of times I have heard it in social media , I meant to say Reliance and by tata I mean it's the company which makes parts for aircrafts for global giants and offsets going to a new comer and especially reliance was really a surprise to me.
Ok...

Ambani made a deal with Dassault...

Adani had a deal with Saab Gripen

Tata were with F-16s /F,-18s

HAL with Mig 35

But Rafale won so Ambani was the pvt partner chosen by Dassault. And that happen during UPA time.

There is always give and take in such deals no one can deny that specially when the tender was stretched over a decade plus.

DRAL the company which got offset isn't a newcomer either as Dassault is part of that and now it is added to the global supply chain for Rafale.

There are other companies too which involved several gov and small pvt firms who got share of these offset too.

But since Ambani is involved and there is hatred towards a Gujarati businessman among Khangress gang it is hyper and the business house hounded like crazy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles