Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Kunal sir i was thinking a adjustable butt plate (something like adjustable cheek piece) would be good idea so that soldier can adjust it according to his requirement, as one size does not fit all, this will also increase moral of the soldier.

Actually i have seen its a problem with present flooding butt with AKM, And on regular Insas we cannot lay line of sight without support, Coz when we lay the sight our cheek is not on the butt, Sights were too high so we improvised a plastic piece for cheek adjustment, But that is not final solution, Here i Pic posted by me some time back from IMA..

Its improvised solution, But i am looking for something reliable and permanent in CT ops..

This Upgrade is the best we can get on AK, Full rail and fold able Butt with cheek adjustment..

Love this pic..

Last edited:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Yesterday on Ranbir Kapoor's Diwali special Jai Jawan program the soldiers posed with the Tavor riffles with Ranbir Kapoor for a photo. Does this mean that IA is replacing its guns with the Tavor.

JBH22

Yesterday on Ranbir Kapoor's Diwali special Jai Jawan program the soldiers posed with the Tavor riffles with Ranbir Kapoor for a photo. Does this mean that IA is replacing its guns with the Tavor.
He was with para commandos these guys use tavor regular infantry still rely on Insas

sayareakd

Country flag
it is for special forces only.

sayareakd

Country flag
Saya,

This pic is not from India. It was taken at SAFTI, Jurong, Singapore. I remember sharing it on shoutbox.
ok nrj, yes i have taken this pic from you, primary purpose was to show brass catcher for bullpup rifle.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
WITH JUST $185 PER PIECE WE COULD UPGRADE OUR KALASHNIKOVS AND VZ58s

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Note the sight on Insas..
Veering into the risk of being disrespectful, I note the General does not seem comfortable holding the weapon, and doesn't want to put down his swagger stick. The aide, or whoever suggested he pose for that photo did not do him a favor.

blueblood

Veering into the risk of being disrespectful, I note the General does not seem comfortable holding the weapon, and doesn't want to put down his swagger stick. The aide, or whoever suggested he pose for that photo did not do him a favor.
I think he was just checking the sight, but that's just me. Unlike the many earlier politically appointed COAS, Gen. V.K. Singh used to be tough soldier. He earned his US Ranger tab some time back.

W.G.Ewald

I think he was just checking the sight, but that's just me. Unlike the many earlier politically appointed COAS, Gen. V.K. Singh used to be tough soldier. He earned his US Ranger tab some time back.
Ranger tab? I withdraw my comment!

Rangers are exceptional, for all the press SOF gets.

As for their training, being able sleep in 2" of cold water is just the beginning.

Ranger quotes
ARMY RANGERS--when it absolutely, positively must be destroyed overnight

Death smiles at everyone-Rangers smile back

When in doubt empty the magazine

Last edited:

blueblood

I hope that you were not mocking me.:becky:

Singh graduated from the Defence Services Staff College as a honours graduate of the United States Army Infantry School, a graduate of the Rangers Course at Fort Benning and the United States Army War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. In the US for the Rangers course, he came first in combat operations.

Vijay Kumar Singh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really like him. He is trying to curb corruption in the army. Strangely, he is pursuing PHD in military science.

W.G.Ewald

Strangely, he is pursuing PHD in military science.
Would he do that to become a professor at the IMA after his retirement?

blueblood

Rangers are exceptional, for all the press SOF gets.

As for their training, being able sleep in 2" of cold water is just the beginning.
Absolutely, Rangers lead the way and they were/are doing it for a long time. AFAIK, Rangers are not inferior to any SOFs, it's just that their training and mission specifications are slightly different than the SOFs.