Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
If you zoom in real nice, you can see RFI OFB's KAWALITY standard.
The pic rail on upper handguard *ahem* isn't straight. How do you expect somebody to line up a sight just to find they're shooting lower/higher at different positions?
Picatiny Rails on that pattern of gas tube top cover itself is a blasphemy...like on INSAS and so top cover on gas tube is just held in place by a clip-spring thing - reason many INSASes don't have them on top because it just fells off the rifle once tension or fitting of that thing is not proper or spring breaks down or whatever...
1640684910018.png

1640684955881.png

something like this on that piece of plastic that just holds on gas tube
1640685103070.png

And yet they do nothing to fix this thing...i believe Excalibur pattern handguards-cover set was perhaps better one (albeit it still seems like top gas tube cover on Excalibur was also similar to older INSAS one but overall better pinned design it was) but they went back to INSAS style one for whatever reasons and then did things like this...
1640684583353.png

I tell ya that front trunnion+gas tube block set on INSAS (that also houses charging handle) is a big crippling thing on INSAS and by now should have been changed with better design (preferebly with what they did on new ARDE carbine)...but these geniuses don't think about such things.

Last edited:

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
If you zoom in real nice, you can see RFI OFB's KAWALITY standard.
The pic rail on upper handguard *ahem* isn't straight. How do you expect somebody to line up a sight just to find they're shooting lower/higher at different positions?
Could be they ignored handguns rails, as optics go on dust cover...

Btw you anyway lose zero if you change optic position on a straight rail too. Repeatable zero needs putting optic on the exact same point.

Bad quality but not too functionally bad unless someone wanted extreme eye relief?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Btw you anyway lose zero if you change optic position on a straight rail too. Repeatable zero needs putting optic on the exact same point.

Bad quality but not too functionally bad unless someone wanted extreme eye relief?
Hmm, obviously.
And that's why all new or even slightly old firearm comes with the top rail marked for each slot. (T1, T3, T5...)

If an equation has too many variables (in this case, the zero) then you try your best to reduce as many variables as possible. Like; use aluminium top rail instead of Nilkamal's plastic, redesign the dust cover retention system, stay away from parts that can experience thermal expansion, use probing machines

You simply don't stop solving the equation thinking it's all vain because you'll still have few variables left.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
AK can be justified as a political purchase and to make the ruskis happy how will you justify the MX4 deal
$687.7 million deal of rifles to make Ruskis happy even after we paid $5.4 billion for SAMs!? That sounds sad and funny at the same time.

I never justified kickbacks in MX4 deal, nor will I accept any justification in AK-203 deal.

"Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference."

SGOperative

Country flag
$687.7 million deal of rifles to make Ruskis happy even after we paid $5.4 billion for SAMs!? That sounds sad and funny at the same time.

I never justified kickbacks in MX4 deal, nor will I accept any justification in AK-203 deal.

"Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference."
Lol thats how are the relations with be it USSR (Mig29s) or Russia(Talwar, Ak203) and at one place we are talking about personal benefit(Mx4) and the other being a political benefit for the Nation one might agree or disagree with it.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
LMAO if you think they are independent then you are delusional in that case. Even their military will be under US command in case of war while SK will be the second in command
So basically we want to depend on Russia and also USA, coz we don't want to depend solely on one power. Makes sense.

But why the heck we never consider not depending on any other power?

Articles