Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Okay guys...been away from small arms programs for a while.

Can anyone tell me what's the status of the 5.56x45 carbine tender? The previous one was cancelled and the new one was to have MII clause, we talked about potential bidders, concluding that IWI Carmel or perhaps some new product from SIG could be the likely favorite...any updates?
No update as of now. But we can guesstimate the bidders.

- In between ARAD and Carmel, Carmel is definitely going to bit more expensive. ARAD is just a redesigned piston AR-15. They have Adani here for production; so one is ARAD.

- Taurus have a JV with Jindal; so Taurus T4 is another contender.

- Caracal is having a JV with MKU so we can expect 814/6

- SSS f*ers are also there; so there can be something from them also.

- No one knows whether our Astr guy is alive or not; if yes then INDRA is one contender.

- OFB is there with ARDE carbine.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Okay guys...been away from small arms programs for a while.

Can anyone tell me what's the status of the 5.56x45 carbine tender? The previous one was cancelled and the new one was to have MII clause, we talked about potential bidders, concluding that IWI Carmel or perhaps some new product from SIG could be the likely favorite...any updates?
afaik no updates,army is going quiet on it,i have a feeling its going to have the cancelled and un cancel behaviour

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
afaik no updates,army is going quiet on it,i have a feeling its going to have the cancelled and un cancel behaviour
both 7.62x51 sig716 and ak203 are done next is carbine and 40k lmg are the next things army is going for

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles