Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Tsangpo river won't have that much strong effect in Brahmaputra if diverted.
Spend some time on google earth and try to locate these dams. Last time I checked these dams (being discussed) were on tributaries.

No major risk to us.
pls spend some timer listening to the video that i refereed to ....its an underground tunnel ...is that visible on google earth ?? nevertheless im glad yiu think it's no major risk even though th experts seemed to say otherwise ?

From what I read, Tributaries from China accounts for only 10% water to Brahmaputra.
Bhutan based tributaries account for 25% on other hand.
Also remember North East does receive heavy rainfall (Cherrapunji has wettest place record). So the catchment area in Bhutan and India does contribute in a major way to Brahmaputra.

Teesta which is a bone of contention between India and Bangladesh is another major tributary of Brahmaputra originating from Sikkim. Just reduce Bangladesh water supply and blame Chinese.

We have enough water. perhaps flooding can be a problem. Can be controlled though.
yes iver heard these arguments too
wonder why the experts spoke differently ? playing safe ? its a good strategy whenn it comes to pla-land

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
pls spend some timer listening to the video that i refereed to ....its an underground tunnel ...is that visible on google earth ?? nevertheless im glad yiu think it's no major risk even though th experts seemed to say otherwise ?
i know, i remember when suddenly everybody was talking about this issue. i remember trying to find out the genesis of this narrative, it came from two opeds. One was "the diplomat" article from 2015 and another one which i can't recall.

Since we are re-discussing this topic again in 2018. i think in 2015 it was a pre-cursor from our side to the water data sharing discussions which would have started in 2015. if i am not wrong, chinese started sharing the data this year.

irrespective of what experts say, please have a look at the size of tributaries that are in discussion.

Tony HMG

Country flag
Cease fire and modi visiting mosque in Singapore, two soldiers killed by paki snipers. FIR on crpf who drove his jeep on that bastard porki. Long live maulana modi .And coward bjp.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

pak dgmo called indian dgmo ..to stop firing... Indian side agreed. then. . indian people returned their home. ....... again they started firing. .we lost two men in duty. .......

no doubt we are killing their ....why first casualties from our side. .......bahut hogaya. peace ......

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

when paki begs to stop firing...it mean s they are short of ammunition. .....after they have their ammunition. they will resume

Willy3

Country flag
From what I read, Tributaries from China accounts for only 10% water to Brahmaputra.
Bhutan based tributaries account for 25% on other hand.
Also remember North East does receive heavy rainfall (Cherrapunji has wettest place record). So the catchment area in Bhutan and India does contribute in a major way to Brahmaputra.

Teesta which is a bone of contention between India and Bangladesh is another major tributary of Brahmaputra originating from Sikkim. Just reduce Bangladesh water supply and blame Chinese.

We have enough water. perhaps flooding can be a problem. Can be controlled though.
What about the threat of river poisoning?
Remember the news of black matter in Brahmaputra river few months ago?
Some speculated that it might came from blasting and construction works in river

Tanmay

Country flag
What about the threat of river poisoning?
Remember the news of black matter in Brahmaputra river few months ago?
Some speculated that it might came from blasting and construction works in river
We should be more concerned about yamuna and Ganga's health. Most cities dont even have waste water treatment plant.Factory waste chemicals are released directly into the rivers.

Excessive fertilizers are ruining the farmlands of punjab haryana, increasing salinity and polluting ground water

Rocks and muddy water due to construction should be last of our worries. And this aint poisoning.
Better to utilize and preserve our own main rivers first.
How many people live alongside Dihang? (Lohit,Dihang,Dibang join to form Brahmaputra in Assam. Dihang is TsangPo, it flows thru Arunachal before meeting the other two)
More than two hundred million live along Yamuna, Ganga doab. Priorities should be different.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
if i am not wrong, chinese started sharing the data this year.

irrespective of what experts say, please have a look at the size of tributaries that are in discussion.
partial quote from the above post

Sir i feel sorry for the nation if an intelligent indian with an internet connection can know more than a professor of the subject at an IIT ( in this case IIT Roorkee )

youre suggesting that simply looking at a google map and comparing the size of the tributary .....? measured with what =? measured with a ruler ? or rule of thumb ?? does google maps or google earth give the depth of the river tributary ? or is there no depth to this subject ? volume of water ? no consideration about that .....again im not targeting your post or ideas , just that if you or i know more than the professor , then its a sorry state of affairs isnt it ? otoh this could be an isolated case ?

not being sarcastic because actually your good-self and the others who took your line of reasoning might actually be CORRECT !!! but like i said , if we with a simpleton internet connection can know more than the IIT Roorkee professor , then does that reflect the state of the nation ??

i always thought that the IIT's were the best uni's in the world , it was said that it's easier getting into Harvard or Stanford than getting into the IITs ...i wonder if that has changed ??

best regards, R

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
partial quote from the above post

Sir i feel sorry for the nation if an intelligent indian with an internet connection can know more than a professor of the subject at an IIT ( in this case IIT Roorkee )

youre suggesting that simply looking at a google map and comparing the size of the tributary .....? measured with what =? measured with a ruler ? or rule of thumb ?? does google maps or google earth give the depth of the river tributary ? or is there no depth to this subject ? volume of water ? no consideration about that .....again im not targeting your post or ideas , just that if you or i know more than the professor , then its a sorry state of affairs isnt it ? otoh this could be an isolated case ?

not being sarcastic because actually your good-self and the others who took your line of reasoning might actually be CORRECT !!! but like i said , if we with a simpleton internet connection can know more than the IIT Roorkee professor , then does that reflect the state of the nation ??

i always thought that the IIT's were the best uni's in the world , it was said that it's easier getting into Harvard or Stanford than getting into the IITs ...i wonder if that has changed ??

best regards, R
It's ok, it is not necessary that everybody need to agree on every thing. if everybody agree on everything, how will the world move ahead.

cheers...

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
don't stop killing......... and don't go for ceasefire...if u will then they willl resume after their ammunition filled...

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
https://www.dawn.com/news/1411918/woman-child-killed-in-indian-shelling

24 injured in Pakistan .

2 killed..(civilian)........

you can assume the intensity of firing by Indian army and bsf

and now .....
http://www.wionews.com/india-news/a...sks-for-commander-level-meeting-142107?src=tw

After firing along LoC, Pakistan asks for commander-level meeting
New Delhi, Delhi, India

After cross-border firing, Rajnath Singh to visit J&K to review security

Amid firing along LoC, Pakistan today asked for a sector commander-level meeting reports said.
Two BSF personnel died on Sunday as Pakistan troops opened fire in the Akhnoor, Kanachak and Khour sectors of Jammu district leading to the death of
Reports said the meeting will be held today at Octroi in Jammu at 5 pm.
Home minister Rajnath Singh is due to visit Jammu and Kashmir this week to review the ceasefire which came into effect last week after DGMOs of India and Pakistan decided to implement the 2003 ceasefire agreement.
However, after Sunday's firing, the government ministers including MoS Home Hansraj Ahir said the government will be "constrained to revoke the ceasefire agreement" in view of cross-border firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles