Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy123

Country flag
Curious to know what are some of these preventive measures you talk about?
You will see in coming days terrorist will claim one of these attacks as revenge on Musa. It's a perception war,how would handful of terrorist will liberate Kasmir. They already lost momentum in last decade. Now they want to project someone as hero, struggler, freedom fighter like we had in our time.

Reply should be back in same coin. We Need major Shukla, gogoi more famous names. Rastriya rifles make their spine chill. These measures are on our side. On their side we need to assassinate major names in rivalries. Indian policies should be same we does not meddle in internal matters of other country. People says if we kill another will take his place, this is true but see the impact of death of laden. We have a list of names and they are not in safest country on planet.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Come on don't be judgemental this soon.
See past it is misconception that radicalism roots are in Kasmir. We are doing gardening, clipping some branches not weeding out this issue maybe it benefits all.

I trust my defence forces but it's not all about them, don't be overenthuastic. Army doing their work, but for bigger action everyone needs to be on same side. Politicians feeding us what we want when we want but eleminating this issue.
Political will that was missing is now there. What remains is our civilians firmly behind our forces so they can operate knowing we have their back.

Not all battles are in the field, some are in the court, in public forum and at the home front. We are ready to do our part! Are you??

Rudy123

Country flag
@Darth Malgus What I meant is they do cherry picking. Pulwama was not done by policy makers but selected by them. Yes it was dreadful attack and should be avenged. But why not yesterday attack, was it because it was not of same magnitude or because timeline does not add up.

Policy should not to suit the situation it should be equal for all.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
You will see in coming days terrorist will claim one of these attacks as revenge on Musa. It's a perception war,how would handful of terrorist will liberate Kasmir. They already lost momentum in last decade. Now they want to project someone as hero, struggler, freedom fighter like we had in our time.

Reply should be back in same coin. We Need major Shukla, gogoi more famous names. Rastriya rifles make their spine chill. These measures are on our side. On their side we need to assassinate major names in rivalries. Indian policies should be same we does not meddle in internal matters of other country. People says if we kill another will take his place, this is true but see the impact of death of laden. We have a list of names and they are not in safest country on planet.
What if they start taking out our major names in retaliation?

Then what would be your response, again go and take out theirs?

vampyrbladez

Country flag

We need a sustained military and economic offensive. Purge the valley maulvis in education system. Valley will be safe again.

Rudy123

Country flag

Major or above rank soldiers are already dying sir. Major Ketan Sharma?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Major or above rank soldiers are already dying sir. Major Ketan Sharma?
I think I know where this conversation is going.

Indian security establishment does not do such activities. This assumption will stay valid atleast for the next decade.What ever assumptions you are having, factor it in.

This year is gonna be different from the previous years because of balakot strike, we are in uncharted territory here. What’s gonna happen next is anybody’s guess.

Darth Malgus

Country flag

Retaliation is already happening, No reason for us to know. LoC is a warzone even on normal days. Clandestine cross border spec ops happen more frequently than what most people tell you. Forget Pakistan, we have our men deployed even outside India, am not talking about the Un blue caps.

Most folks won't know that we recently did loose a spec ops guy abroad in a neighbouring country who was advising the local forces.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Honestly, I find a striking parallel between current Indian Men's Cricket Team and Indian Armed Forces.

Earlier Indo-Pak matches would be a slugfest, with a sense of passion. Now, as we saw in the last game, Indian team has become a well oiled machine that leaves little to chance. They did a systematic dismantling of the Pak team without any excessive flourish.

I believe right now the Armed forces are doing more of the same. We are seeing very regular dismantling of Pak terror infra in Kashmir. My guess is that the govt doesn't want to go to war till Jammu-Ladakh are given status of a state/UT. Besides, I think they're trying to dismantle Pak so bad that it'll hardly ever pose a threat again. In coming couple years we'll see all the diplomatic, economic and millitary measures take their final shape. War would only just be the last and decisive nail on the coffin.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Retaliation is already happening, No reason for us to know. LoC is a warzone even on normal days. Clandestine cross border spec ops happen more frequently than what most people tell you. Forget Pakistan, we have our men deployed even outside India, am not talking about the Un blue caps.

Most folks won't know that we recently did loose a spec ops guy abroad in a neighbouring country who was advising the local forces.
True, for now we don’t know the truth. It could take atleast 2-3 decades for truth to come out. Until i read about it somewhere, I will have to continue with what I said in my earlier post.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Modi is good leader but he is no god. Indians have memory of a bird. By next week no platform will talk about yesterday IED attack or major ketan sharma. Before every strike policy makers create momentum, pump up public make them angry and then satisfy them with actions.

This week where is our defence minister. I am not concentrating on brigade level action on LOC but something which will impact our adversaries to the core.
One should not react to see saw swings of insurgency / terrorism the way you are reacting - directing linking the PM of the country to tactical losses. Your feelings are understandable.

No military actions can ever guarantee loss free operations - everyone at tactical level, though, is supposed to minimise losses and maximise terrorist kills.

The battle between terrorism and Security forces is, of course, ultimately the battle of kills - as that is the most effective way to show to the white and gray population who is winning. The requirement at this stage is to maximise losses of the terrorist and minimise losses of the security forces.

This is sensitive time for the valley when their privileges under Article 370 and 35A are being threatened and their political hegemony is being threatened by talks on delimitation, Amarnath yatra is just about to start and the Jihadist movement has suffered political losses in the country. For Pakistan also, Kashmir at this point has become ultra sensitive and as their population control instruments are failing one by one - be it administration, economy, progress, water, China, Sindh or Baluchistan and the only issue left over for them is Kashmir and India to divert attention and keep their flock together.

I expect the future encounters and seek and destroy operations in thickly urbanised South Kashmir to further intensify as the terrorists seem to have deliberately shifted attention to urban warfare as the population seems to have become absolutely neutral or supporters.

Rudy123

Country flag
True, for now we don’t know the truth. It could take atleast 2-3 decades for truth to come out. Until i read about it somewhere, I will have to continue with what I said in my earlier post.
But why nobody is talking about origin of these problems. Why we stuck at Kasmir and LOC. Here too generally people not intended to cross border unless something happens.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
But why nobody is talking about origin of these problems. Why we stuck at Kasmir and LOC. Here too generally people not intended to cross border unless something happens.
No, I are not saying we should not cross the border. I am saying there is no scope for failure if such an action is taken. The impact will be on the whole country and the region.

And for me more importantly, going by what happened in Iraq and Syria. It is clear that IA will not be dealing just with paki army, and we don’t have the luxury of America being a distant land.

But is also important to recognise we are in a peculiar phase in indian history, where most of the fundamental problems which are not solved for decades since independence are being solved. Ultimately what ever wars are fought have to benefit the people of India.

Will people support such a war which ends up dragging on for more than 1-2 years? it’s not going to be a short war that’s for sure.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Honestly, I find a striking parallel between current Indian Men's Cricket Team and Indian Armed Forces.

Earlier Indo-Pak matches would be a slugfest, with a sense of passion. Now, as we saw in the last game, Indian team has become a well oiled machine that leaves little to chance. They did a systematic dismantling of the Pak team without any excessive flourish.

I believe right now the Armed forces are doing more of the same. We are seeing very regular dismantling of Pak terror infra in Kashmir. My guess is that the govt doesn't want to go to war till Jammu-Ladakh are given status of a state/UT. Besides, I think they're trying to dismantle Pak so bad that it'll hardly ever pose a threat again. In coming couple years we'll see all the diplomatic, economic and millitary measures take their final shape. War would only just be the last and decisive nail on the coffin.
I would like to subscribe to your views but for a few observations.

Firstly, war is always and everytime the last resort of politics between nations. The greatness of leadership lies in defeating an enemy without a war - so said Sun Tsu.

Secondly, I doubt there is unanimity in India about dismantling Pakistan as there are many malignancies gripping Pakistan at this moment - unsolved Taliban - Afghan issue, Durand Line, China factor, Balochistan, resurgent MQM and Karachi, Economic collapse and weak civilian govt, nuclear weapons etc are some issues India would not like to inherit. Specially, when India would be the largest population without adequate, energy, roads, hospitals, jobs and food to eat in next six years.

Thirdly, Indian Forces are far from a well oiled modern machine. There are vast glaring deficiencies - be in aircrafts, helicopters, AD resources, artillery, rifles, grenades or ammunition. Efforts are on but it would take some time. Pakistan unfortunately is not a military pushover.
So let them rot of their own causes. Why should India give Pakistani elites an excuse to unite their population and the country.

Let Pakistan accept defeat in all fields as inevitable - let us break their morale completely.

Rudy123

Country flag
No, I are not saying we should not cross the border. I am saying there is no scope for failure if such an action is taken. The impact will be on the whole country and the region.

And for me more importantly, going by what happened in Iraq and Syria. It is clear that IA will not be dealing just with paki army, and we don’t have the luxury of America being a distant land.

But is also important to recognise we are in a peculiar phase in indian history, where most of the fundamental problems which are not solved for decades since independence are being solved. Ultimately what ever wars are fought have to benefit the people of India.

Will people support such a war which ends up dragging on for more than 1-2 years? it’s not going to be a short war that’s for sure.
I didn't mean to do it millitarily but to win perception war there too. As I said before we need heroes. Every war create heroes, burhan wani not famous for any attack, Musa was also not present physically in major events. They are ideology, we also need to create people like them either from millatry or civilian. Even in state elections you need face to drive people. But in Kasmir who we have except millatry. Same goes on other side of border. We afraid paki will kill them, yes they will but we need someone or something to drive people.

One more thing our millitary is not the biggest threat to pak but it is economy, isolation and water. You do millitary action it will unite people in Pakistan. You increase exchange rate there it will break them. Kill the poster boys in Kasmir and pok, replace them with our people with core issues of region.

sorcerer

Country flag
Pakistan’s ISI gets new control room in Nepal to carry out terror activities in Kashmir

Intelligence agencies have received information about terrorists meeting ISI operatives and commanders of terrorist groups in Nepal over the past few months.
https://zeenews.india.com/india/pak...out-terror-activities-in-kashmir-2212358.html

Looks like pakis are trying for another influx of FICN and using terrorism to thwart bilateral engagements. A lot happening on our Eastern front..too.

china may be using pakistan very craftily to contain INDIA's OPEN BORDER policy on trade engagements.
china will be worried if the Eastern States of India develops into a full fledged system.

sorcerer

Country flag
I didn't mean to do it millitarily but to win perception war there too. As I said before we need heroes. Every war create heroes, burhan wani not famous for any attack, Musa was also not present physically in major events. They are ideology, we also need to create people like them either from millatry or civilian. Even in state elections you need face to drive people. But in Kasmir who we have except millatry. Same goes on other side of border. We afraid paki will kill them, yes they will but we need someone or something to drive people.

One more thing our millitary is not the biggest threat to pak but it is economy, isolation and water. You do millitary action it will unite people in Pakistan. You increase exchange rate there it will break them. Kill the poster boys in Kasmir and pok, replace them with our people with core issues of region.
REAL FEAR drive people..
#realfearforchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles