Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Blademaster

we are heavily reliant on the west on practically all kinds of tech .

we cant even ditch the russians , how are we going to ditch the west or even just US

only result of ur idea is india going into recession/stone age , congress coming back to power
sorry i don’t share your pessimistic view of India’s capabilities and powers.

shitsandgiggles

Country flag
Those were baby sanctions. If we get sanctioned as hard as Russia, our economy will be completely fucked.
It will lead us to focus more on south east asia and popping up friendly nations there, China is doing the same since Trump trade wars, they found new markets, and those nations will look up to china greatly

couchPotato

Country flag
It will lead us to focus more on south east asia and popping up friendly nations there, China is doing the same since Trump trade wars, they found new markets, and those nations will look up to china greatly
I think it'll push us into China's orbit. The west has a lot to lose but given their current insanity, I wouldn't put it beneath them to slap us some sanctions.

mokoman

Country flag

you can thank the Saudis for Yemen

Russians also deserve credit for Syria , they bombed civilians in rebel areas , even hospitals .

sorry i don’t share your pessimistic view of India’s capabilities and powers.
we already tried ur way for 50 years . u obviously dont know what it was like in 90s and 80s .

we are getting help on kaveri engine from the french. and even with that its still decades away .

none of this will work , sucking up to West and Russian is best way forward.

obviously GOI Knows more that u , which is they brought 100 GE engines from US.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Unlike Russia we do not have energy source or fertilizer raw material at home, so we will have to import them. To offset those imports we need to export. SE asia is similar in income level as us, hence they produce similar items as us (low to medium end goods). Our economies are not complementary, they are competitive with each other.

On the other hand developed countries with consumption based economies (like EU+North America+Australia+UK), are complementary to our economy.

Check this out, China's consumption to GDP is pretty low, its GDP is that high because it's exporting goods for consumptions in other consumption based economies.

Blademaster

Mind the words "stop the war" not pull back, so If and when Zelensky gives up, Russia is back in business real slime balls. Happening has happened boys time to go back to doing fuck all.
exactly. All Putin has to do is stay the course. The US knows that sanctions and other actions will boomerang big time and destroy whatever soft power US have. Sanctions have to be applied with finesse not with brute force as the US and other western countries have been doing. Russia survived having 20 million people died of starvation and war and come out stronger. The sanctions are nothing compared to the horrors that it faced during WW2.

Blademaster

you can thank the Saudis for Yemen

Russians also deserve credit for Syria , they bombed civilians in rebel areas , even hospitals .

we already tried ur way for 50 years . u obviously dont know what it was like in 90s and 80s .

we are getting help on kaveri engine from the french. and even with that its still decades away .

none of this will work , sucking up to West and Russian is best way forward.

obviously GOI Knows more that u , which is they brought 100 GE engines from US.
why is the GOI restricting imports of weapons. I do not agree with GOI approach with Kaveri. I think they didn’t support it enough. If they had given the proper support it would have thrived like the ISRO program under Kalam. We were under sanctions and we responded by coming up with our own rocket designs.

couchPotato

Country flag
why is the GOI restricting imports of weapons. I do not agree with GOI approach with Kaveri. I think they didn’t support it enough. If they had given the proper support it would have thrived like the ISRO program under Kalam. We were under sanctions and we responded by coming up with our own rocket designs.
  1. Turbine tech is very advanced and was achieved with decades of research in the west. We have poor infrastructure (what do we even manufacture competitively ? ) and an even worse research.
    1. If we had stuck with Kaveri, LCA wouldn't have taken flight any time soon
    2. By having the plane fly, we gain expertise in other areas which can be further honed.
  2. There are a lot of vested interests within the country who try their best to scuttle domestic defense industry. These are the things I've heard :
    1. I've heard about some small defense manufacturers here who are able to export their stuff to Europe but our own Army deems their products to be below their standards.
    2. Apparently those procurement criteria are laid out in a way to suit a specific set of foreign products
    3. We buy piecemeal which makes each purchase expensive to the country but gives more kickbacks to certain people.

shitsandgiggles

Country flag
What “mental masturbation’ I simply pointed to the fact that Ukrainian have been making many propaganda based claims that even some western press is acknowledging. I further acknowledged that Russian aircraft are not invisible and they have lost some helicopters.

The funny part is how US brainwashed so many with US Rambo style propaganda. US ‘experts’ seem shocked Russia has not destroyed all of Ukraine’s air defense batteries and aircraft in 8 days. :eek1:

Newsflash, NATO aircraft were getting shot down weeks into the Gulf War. Iraqi aircraft were still operational and airborne weeks after the invasion. Ukraine is a huge country, with lots of heavy vegetation and urban areas where they can hide air defense batteries.

Over Yugoslavia US lost one F-117 and one F-16, plus several helicopters, an additional F-117 was damaged. Yugoslavian forces fire up to 700 missiles. Clearly the US didn’t do that great of a job if so many missiles were fired.

SEADS missions are also nearly impossible if air defenses don’t have their radars active, otherwise there is nothing for anti radiation missile to hone onto and nothing to jam.

Here is a list of 86 US aircraft damaged or shot down during the gulf war. This is just US, the British had a very poor attrition rate especially with tornados but that is not even included.

View attachment 141767

Ukrainians have much more formidable air defenses then Yugoslavia and Iraq. Ukraine is also much larger and heavily forested. So far the war is ongoing, and we don’t know the full extent of how many Ukrainian air defense batteries have been destroyed, we don’t know how many times they fired at Russians aircraft, we don’t know how many sorties Russians have flown, how many aircraft they used or how many aircraft they lost.
Im sure it has been said before, but again, Russia is in control of 1/3 of ukr territory andit is the fastest invasion if we look at it from area perspective. Rus army is using soviet tactic of encirclement and waiting for ukr forces to run out of food

couchPotato

Country flag
Im sure it has been said before, but again, Russia is in control of 1/3 of ukr territory andit is the fastest invasion if we look at it from area perspective. Rus army is using soviet tactic of encirclement and waiting for ukr forces to run out of food
Don't all modern armies use manoeuvre tactics? never thought it was considered outdated.

JBH22

Based on visuals we can definitely say, it is not Russian style of war. Airpower and artillery use has been curtailed. Ukraine would have been pulverised if they used their Soviet style doctrine.

It is a much restrained force, they don't want to alienate the Ukrainian to feed in insurgencies. Which should happen as they move forward.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles