Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
View attachment 258331
Those who know whats that three rods on M2 please comment 😃
1718615311146.png

quoting from wikipedia
When firing blanks, a large blank-firing adapter (BFA) of a special type must be used to allow the recoil-operated action to cycle. This functions on the principle of a recoil booster, to increase the recoil force acting on the short recoil action. This is the exact antithesis of a muzzle brake. Without this adaptor, the reduced-charge blank cartridge would develop too little recoil to cycle the action fully. The adapter is very distinctive, attaching to the muzzle with three rods extending back to the base. The BFA can often be seen on M2s during peacetime operations.

VictorDelta4

Country flag
New CZ Bren 3
The CZ BREN 3 comes in two standard calibers and several barrel lengths. The 5.56 × 45 NATO caliber version is available with a 7", 11", 14.5" or 16.5" barrel. The 300 AAC Blackout caliber version is available with a 7" or 9" barrel. Fully ambidextrous, AR-style controls include a 45° firing mode selector, magazine release and bolt catch/release. The non-reciprocal charging handle is on both sides of the firearm. One side has a fixed handle and the other side has a folding handle, with both handles being swappable. Extraction of combustion gas can be adjusted with a three-position gas port regulator. The CZ BREN 3 is equipped with a folding, four-position telescopic stock, PDW-style four-position telescopic stock is also available. Extended forend can be easily replaced. The user can also choose from a STANAG 4694 or Suppressor-Ready forend – the latter is sized for mounting a suppressor.
1718617099958.png

1718617146156.png

1718617203504.png

Spindrift

Now if they say that there is no civilian market. Then tell them that the market is comparable to US its just that the licensing authorities do not the follow the law and arbitrarily reject the licenses i.e. as per the law they can only reject the license if the person has a criminal record or is mentally or physically unfit. They can talk to the politicians and get them make the process of obtaining the arms licenses easier and also increase the number of weapons one can hold on one license.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
A very rare gun is spotted here in Manipur, FN CAL.
for me, this happened finally

and seeing some proper footage of it being fired coming out and so is giving me quite a joy;

FN CAL, an underperforming (relative to successful designs like AR, AK and so) but a unique rifle design that i personally like a lot due to some reasons, one reason also being that the amount of influence it was having on INSAS, is getting some proper stage by guntubers

i have read very extensively about this particular rifle during my research on INSAS, as if both things went hand-in-hand, in my gallery-library of photos-pictures on gun stuffs there are many "rare-to-find-on-google" photos of FN CAL that i gathered after lots of efforts on internet throughout these years; maybe i'll dump all of them in future as to preserve them here 😁

Global Defence

New threads

Articles