Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Ukrain mobalised 700k troops picture to picture same way russia is doing, only difrence is Westren PR and massive funding on information warfare, where were all this croc tears from couch potato's when ukrain closed its broders and downright dragged entire towns into the front-lines
Well Ukraine is fighting on it's own soil, we already understand they're getting wrecked due to this war and will face difficult decisions but Russians never expected to be directly impacted by this.

That's the difference, it was supposed to be 'Special Military Operation' not war. Putin repeatedly said it.
Are you saying this wasn't stated to them everyday for months on end?

ww2historian

Country flag
I don't know how "trained" these "reservists" are...only truths are outcomes on battlefield.
If they're going to go through another training process which I believe they will; they wont reach the battlefield in months from now at minimum.
Don't forget that the volunteer force of 3rd corps failed miserably and melted away in just a few days.
I personally know some military reservist. They have all gone through full training and the report one weekend a month to keep up on their training. Almost all of those 300k are ready right now. IMO Russia has already sent a least 20k of them to areas that are in need the most like Lyman.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
To everyone who hopes that we are chewing bark here:
I'll have lunch now. Borscht is waiting there. The smell of fried cutlets comes from the kitchen.
Of course, where there is battleline, there people suffer hardships. But basically, the people of Ukraine are not starving.

1971ftw

Country flag
Well Ukraine is fighting on it's own soil, we already understand they're getting wrecked due to this war and will face difficult decisions but Russians never expected to be directly impacted by this.

That's the difference, it was supposed to be 'Special Military Operation' not war. Putin repeatedly said it.
Are you saying this wasn't stated to them everyday for months on end?
half a year of actively fighting NATO proxies changes everything. Europe has always had mandatory conscripts, thats just their warmongering culture, ukrain, Norway etc

Ukrian needs the full brunt force of the Russian military. It is going to be a bloodbath , Russia wont hold back like it did in the first few months. they need a year to prep but , they will have to do with what they have.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I'll have lunch now. Borscht is waiting there. The smell of fried cutlets comes from the kitchen.
Of course, where there is battleline, there people suffer hardships. But basically, the people of Ukraine are not starving.
I hope , you don't suffer .

1971ftw

Country flag
dude who or why are you trying to flex for? pre war Ukrainian citizen is poorer than a average sri Lankan, Russia is richer than Turks

Ukrian gdp now has contracted by -37% will keep skyfalling. Things are definitely not looking good for Ukrainians

ww2historian

Country flag
This will leave towns and towns devoid of young men just like after WW2.
This will cause social problems all across Russia for many many years...

After mobilization one thing is for sure, war will prolong and many more causalities for both sides.
Some hope it will fix things for Russia but it's bad for everyone else.
Varzone, using this kind of propaganda is a pathetic attempt to show the world that it's all falling apart in Russia. The Russians don't indulge in self pity the way the west does. In fact it's looked down on in their culture. Unfortunately self pity is embraced in the USA as compassion, but in reality it's insincere empathy.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
half a year of actively fighting NATO proxies changes everything. Europe has always had mandatory conscripts, thats just their warmongering culture, ukrain, Norway etc

Ukrian needs the full brunt force of the Russian military. It is going to be a bloodbath , Russia wont hold back like it did in the first few months. they need a year to prep but , they will have to do with what they have.
Russia should have gone full strength in the first wave itself and overwhelmed Ukraine before they could get western supplies. It's their own fault.
It's too late now, the results they could have achieved with taking it seriously and not SMO would drastically differ from the landscape today.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Varzone, using this kind of propaganda is a pathetic attempt to show the world that it's all falling apart in Russia. The Russians don't indulge in self pity the way the west does. In fact it's looked down on in their culture. Unfortunately self pity is embraced in the USA as compassion, but in reality it's insincere empathy.
It is what it is, poor people dying for politics.

1971ftw

Country flag
Russia should have gone full strength in the first wave itself and overwhelmed Ukraine before they could get western supplies. It's their own fault.
It's too late now, the results they could have achieved with taking it seriously and not SMO would drastically differ from the landscape today.
neither are strong as they were at start of the war, cannon fodder and nato stock can only do so much for a onslaught that russia could throw at them, whats stopping russia from dropping non nuclear WMD on ukrain stronghold and raiding the aftermath . Nato has already giving them rocket artillary that can hit Moscow, they change the game, putin just doesnt have the balls to face the political blowback

omaebakabaka

Only one was a military defeat, the other india wasn’t even involved and actually recaptured large parts of areas.
huh, defensive doesn't mean its one on one physical battle only...its a posture in which one is reluctant to attack or afraid to attack inspite of having ability to do so. Anyone coming from martial arts background would know even with little sparring experience. It is a fact we are a net land loser and so far did not add an additional inch that is ours not to mention that is not ours. First you say we never got defeated, is this a joke on our history?

omaebakabaka

I wouldn't say military front is victory for round-1 to Ukraine, Russia without mobilization still controls 18% of Ukraine and they are well entrenched there. Good spirited fighting by Ukr but they are only propped up by NATO thanks in billions in arms/ammo, fuel and funds. Russia is fighting NATO essentially, where US is call shots and Ukr gets all the actionable intel from NATO. So I would give round-1 to Russia just for being more Chad on the battlefield with limited resources (even at great cost to themselves) and continuing to put enormous pressure militarily and on the economic front. Despite sanctions, constant dire predictions of economic collapse, Russia has done fine and they have plenty of cards on the table.

Also, I don't see Russia as the instigating party, there enough evidence to show Ukr being a little whore to the West was planning a large offensive in the south before Feb 24 and this is more of a preemptive SMO. Furthermore, Russia doing this at this time in history is very important, this re-ordering in global power dynamics was absolutely needed, the unipolar, green-haired cucks were and are still running amok all over. This needs to end.
Doesn't matter bhai, Putin said goal was to stop attacks on donbass and that is not achieved as of today. No one asked Putin to tie his own hands. I don't understand stupid rules that Russia and India impose on themselves like India not carrying weapons aka Galwan....no cure for stupidity. Eventual winning could also be a loss wasting so many patriots lives because you are calculating weakly. Sometimes some enemies only understand brute and merciless force and it needs to be shown that way....

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
And only 6k or so Russians have been killed as per MoD. Go figure.
Active duty members have suffered losses and they need to replenish frontline infantry.
Specialization takes years, so they're only looking to absorb manpower, hold the status quo and then incorporate the 4 oblasts they have in control into russian territory after referendum.
There will be no russian advance on Ukraine anymore.
if you can believe in 15K ukrainians dead figure that you keep tossing around after months of forced conscription of ukrainians, please tell me why suddenly you cant extend the same consistency for russian losses vs mobilisation ?

Master Chief

Country flag
Vatniks also doing Mykola like things.. when it comes to mobilized cannon fodder..
Now, I get why Ukranians are actually Russian only.. :cowboy:

omaebakabaka

For those thinking POK or aksai hind is not a loss, just check India map and decide whether its part of India or not. What a load of crap on this forum.....more strategists than soldiers in real life probably that can stand up to do their own personal battles. Just my guess based on some thinking...

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Vatniks also doing Mykola like things.. when it comes to mobilized cannon fodder..
Now, I get why Ukranians are actually Russian only.. :cowboy:

Putin was humiliated at SCO so he is doubling down to prove he is still relevant.
This will just lead to a blood bath, sending pure amateurs to the battlefield. I'd wager many of them will just up and run at the first chance they get.

ww2historian

Country flag
It is what it is, poor people dying for politics.
Yes, that's a big part of it. Here's a very interesting video. You keep on talking and believing that Ukraine will probably win. In many ways you're correct, at least in a hypothetical way . If Russia didn't partially mobilize their odds of their winning in the long run becomes a flip of the coin. Russia didn't respond quick enough to US and NATO's escalation of this war. In May when lend lease was announced, Russia should of immediately responded with partial mobilization. I've been very critical of Russia's approach in Ukraine. I think another big mistake Putin made was under estimating the pure hatred the western leadership has for Russia. Do you remember that video where I believe a Norwegian diplomat told those kind Russians working at the desk of that hotel, "I hate Russians"? There are a lot of hateful, evil western leaders. Look at all the hatred for the average Russian person going on. Do you think the average American is a free person? Trust me, they're a slave instead, because they are not an independent person that's free to think for themselves. When I look at this from a higher logical level, I see that history is repeating itself, because our governments are not learning from the mistakes of history. As far as the conflicts of India are concerned. I hope your leaders can find peaceful solutions with China and Pakistan. Don't repeat the same mistakes the west has made.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Yes, that's a big part of it. Here's a very interesting video. You keep on talking and believing that Ukraine will probably win. In many ways you're correct, at least in a hypothetical way . If Russia didn't partially mobilize their odds of their winning in the long run becomes a flip of the coin. Russia didn't respond quick enough to US and NATO's escalation of this war. In May when lend lease was announced, Russia should of immediately responded with partial mobilization. I've been very critical of Russia's approach in Ukraine. I think another big mistake Putin made was under estimating the pure hatred the western leadership has for Russia. Do you remember that video where I believe a Norwegian diplomat told those kind Russians working at the desk of that hotel, "I hate Russians"? There are a lot of hateful, evil western leaders. Look at all the hatred for the average Russian person going on. Do you think the average American is a free person? Trust me, they're a slave instead, because they are not an independent person that's free to think for themselves. When I look at this from a higher logical level, I see that history is repeating itself, because our governments are not learning from the mistakes of history. As far as the conflicts of India are concerned. I hope your leaders can find peaceful solutions with China and Pakistan. Don't repeat the same mistakes the west has made.
OK, good to know.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
For those thinking POK or aksai hind is not a loss, just check India map and decide whether its part of India or not. What a load of crap on this forum.....more strategists than soldiers in real life probably that can stand up to do their own personal battles. Just my guess based on some thinking...
how can indian military or govt be BLAMED for the loss of a territory that was not ours to begin with, when it was lost ?!?
please explain that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles