Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

JBH22

coming back to the topic of this thread ...
my news paper says -
1. russia is getting a pounding in kharkhiv
2. putin is dying of blood cancer and that oligarchs want him dead yesterday.

true?
Shoigu got heart attack
Gerasimov was injured in kharkiv
Putin is threatened by coup
Ukraine destroyed auxiliary ship etc
Ghost of kyiv was a sham, but whore of kyiv is true
Whatever serious business news page I used to follow on Facebook has become a poor Ukrainian propaganda page😂

ClawReed787

Country flag
my news paper says -

true?
1 is somewhat true . They retreated. Read that only 5 BTGs were committed there.
2 is bullshit just like the news of Xi jinping suffering from cerebral aneurysm.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
No one is arguing on these facts nor is anyone asking to go for western platform. This false sense of bravado w.r.t. Russian platform is counter-intuitive. We need to be balanced.
Some members behaving how Russians are doing us favor or how Russian weaponry dominates western weaponry just to satisfy their misguided need for Russian simping is wrong. Things need to be presented how they are if we have to do proper analysis.
We can't go with yesterday's matrix to prepare for tomorrow's war.
You are projecting now. it is YOU who said western weapons dominate Russian ones and once i gave examples of where Russia holds dominance, you tucked tail an ran. every conventional army fights tomorrows wars with yesterday's weapons. Thats called conventional military.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
my news paper says -

true?
I am now convinced that Putin is the real emperor of mankind, the first immortal. He is the only man who can give a coherent speech on V-day and at the same time be dying of blood cancer, parkinsons, dementia and brain cancer. He will never die, he will forever live in limbo for us lesser mortals to use his soul-force as a beacon in hyperspace.

Last edited:

ww2historian

Country flag
my news paper says -

true?
I interpret any counter offensive by Ukraine as bleeding themselves dry of diesel fuel. This is a deliberate strategy by Russia, and Ukraine is falling for it because they are stupid. It's best to save that diesel for retreat rather then to attack. What happened to the Germans in the battle of the bulge? They ran out of fuel.

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
No one is arguing on these facts nor is anyone asking to go for western platform. This false sense of bravado w.r.t. Russian platform is counter-intuitive. We need to be balanced.
Some members behaving how Russians are doing us favor or how Russian weaponry dominates western weaponry just to satisfy their misguided need for Russian simping is wrong. Things need to be presented how they are if we have to do proper analysis.
We can't go with yesterday's matrix to prepare for tomorrow's war.
asscuckedbhosdaamreekuntcoomer.jpg

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
the su-30MKIs will see service well into the 2040s, even likely 2050s. That is, all 250 of them, minus the very first batch. The reasons for that, is obvious.
The youngest Su30 MkI will service beyond that too. Not to forget the Next Generation RWR developed by DRDL is a significant improvement over existing DR118 RWR on Su 30 MKI.

Kumaoni

You know what is boring. Talking about hypothetical scenarios. FACT remains IAF is going to rely for a minimum of 2 decades on the su 30Mki.
While the so called superiority of Western platforms is debatable, one thing we can ascertain for sure.
For the unit of F 35 add to that training and life cycle cost, IAF budget might afford may be 1 or 2 squadrons. That too at this price can we afford equipment equipment attrition.
Shifting to such platform will make IAF a white elephant.
Not to mention, will America keep supplying it? Will they allow us to indigenize it like the Russians are with the Su-30?

Kumaoni

ANA was destroyed because Yankees and westerners suck at training non white nation's armies due to their racism.
This is why not a single ANA soldier got trained in NATO soil. While USSR academies were full of Afghan officers being trained for 7 years continuous in how to fight. This is why when USSR left, Najibullah govt survived for FOUR YEARS vs NATO-funded & trained mujahideen and when USA left, Ghani govt didn't even survive till the actual evacuation date vs Pakistan funded & trained taliban.

Can't blame it on tribal loyalty when the results for the same fucking tribalistic societies are so hugely divergent over a span of just 30 years. Unless you wish to argue that Afghans invented tribalistic loyalty in the last 30 years.
Okay now this is just flat out hilarous. Come on. Racism? It had to do with the fact that American coordination is very complicated. Technological superiority doesn’t always translate into battlefield superiority.

Kumaoni

Russia is in a kind of policy paralysis. They themself don't know what to regards as victory and what to regard as defeat post failed Kyiv take-over.
Look, all I know is that Russia stated they wanted to destroy Ukranians war potential. If they are, than in that they are doing OKAY.

Kumaoni

it still makes russia better than yankees - they sell us stuff that yankees wont and yankee shit is strings attached, unlike Russia.
He meant that they still us stuff, we don’t beg like the pakis. We are honest unlike the people west of the LoC.

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
You know what is boring. Talking about hypothetical scenarios. FACT remains IAF is going to rely for a minimum of 2 decades on the su 30Mki.
While the so called superiority of Western platforms is debatable, one thing we can ascertain for sure.
For the unit of F 35 add to that training and life cycle cost, IAF budget might afford may be 1 or 2 squadrons. That too at this price can we afford equipment equipment attrition.
Shifting to such platform will make IAF a white elephant.
Super Sukhois?

1.Propulsion-AL41F 176 kn of max thrust while also being more fuel efficient,hence increasing the range +more power = more powerful and bigger radars and other avionics.

2.Radar- TZHUK-AE FGA35 AESA,having a maximum detection range of 260 km for a fighter sized target ,and is much more resistant to jamming than current BARS.

3.IRST- After this upgrade it will sport the OLS50 QWIP based system with a max detection range of 130km.

4.DSDR- DSDR or digital software defined radio will after upgrade help in frequency hopping and secure communication,with less chances of interception and jamming.

5)Newer Cockpit – Newer Cockpit with LCD touch screens being procured from Israel most probably.

6)Reduced RCS- RAM coating will reduce the radar cross section of MKI considerably against surface to air missile threat.

7) Newer Weapons – ASTRA mk2,R37M,ASRAAM,KH59 MK2,etc.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Okay now this is just flat out hilarous. Come on. Racism? It had to do with the fact that American coordination is very complicated. Technological superiority doesn’t always translate into battlefield superiority.
No, racism. sand ******s and all. There is no amazingly complex coordination required to train base level officers in your cadet academies. If Russians can turn out 10K+ of them in 8 years, USA could've turned out at least half as much in 20 years. Yet, they turned out ZERO.

Its not like you drove 4 hrs from Mazar-e-sharif into Dushanbe to train under soviets if you were Najibullah's forces- you still flew in to European Russia, to locations near Moscow, Vladimir-Suzdal, St. Petersburg, etc. to train.
What ? Americans shat their pants at the insurmountable logistical challenge of a 3 times longer plane ride ?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
You are projecting now. it is YOU who said western weapons dominate Russian ones and once i gave examples of where Russia holds dominance, you tucked tail an ran. every conventional army fights tomorrows wars with yesterday's weapons. Thats called conventional military.
I never said western weapons dominate Russian one while you gave is example of how MKI defeated F-16s.
All I said was IAF found western aircraft superior to Mig-35.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Right. As i said, those who think Red flag was VR combat only, they need to eat humble pie and stfu than dig that hole further to show they know jack shit. We were held to just below parity vs F-15 in Red Flag in BVR mode. do you know what this means, vatz ?
1652709321527.png

mokoman

Country flag
Bars is that great when it comes to operating in heavy EW environment.

In red-flag the superiority of MKI was in WVR combat. Now is the age of BVR combat.
Right. As i said, those who think Red flag was VR combat only, they need to eat humble pie and stfu than dig that hole further to show they know jack shit. We were held to just below parity vs F-15 in Red Flag in BVR mode. do you know what this means, vatz ?
my understanding was su mki - mig / IAF exceeded US expectation .

maybe i am wrong but there were no BVR engagement , its was just dog fighting

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles