Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

couchPotato

Country flag
what about this one ??

moon rover , 1970 something

around 78 kg , why ?

now i know there is no point arguing with u .
What does Elon musk launching space junk (cars) to space several decades later have anything to do with the moon landings?

also, ever heard about Venera series of space probes that the USSR landed safely in Venus? landing there is even harder than mars. NASA is awesome but don't ignore the contributions of the erstwhile pioneers of space exploration. USSR was first at everything which is why Kennedy was so keen on landing people on the moon.

Also, how can you be a NASA fanboy and yet not talk about the JWST. I'm disappointed in you.

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
I would like to welcome all of you guys and gals present here on this auspicious occasion of 1000th page of this thread. We don't know long this operation/war will last but I enjoyed my time here till now. There were a lot of good arguments for each side and I am sure many people have benefited from that knowledge. There were a lot of funny memes and jokes which made everybody's day. I express my empathy for those who had some trouble catching up ( I did too). This thread saw return of many old members who were inactive until now. But the main USP of this thread is the unbiasedness of this thread. All of social media platforms are absolute shit in their quality now and biased to a particular side. Thank you to the members who are posting constant updates. Hope we keep up the good quality and happy posting.

Rudra7678

Country flag
NASA is awesome but don't ignore the contributions of the erstwhile pioneers of space exploration. USSR was first at everything which is why Kennedy was so keen on landing people on the moon.
Not only were they the first ones to safely land on Venus but also on Mars. The first nation to photograph the far side of the Moon (bettered by PRC, when they landed their Moon craft on the far side of the Moon some years ago). They launched Lunokhod-1, the first rover on the Moon, when remote controlled rovers weren't even a wet dream for NASA. Oh, how one can forget the Luna mission, the first remote controlled sample return mission from the Moon? It is a canard propagated by the Americans that they won the space race. Human landing on the Moon was dangerous and the American president already had an alternative speech ready just in case, things went awry and Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin and Michael Collin died on the Moon. No doubt, it was a stupendous achievement but the only achievement of any worth.

BlackViking

Country flag
vlog of flight back on C-17 by one of the students.
========
C-17 से India वापिस आए Ukraine पढ़ रहे छात्र 🇮🇳 Indian Students In Ukraine Russia War News Update
Ye wahi chu he jo maaje le rahe tha khuch din pehle, saying everything is fine media is fooling. And then the war started. I think you shared his video earlier. Checked his replies in comments, f*cker was telling people to enjoy the drama.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Putin's "fanatical desire to reconstruct the defunct Soviet Union" exists only in the feverish imagination of delusional Brits.
Where Ukraine is concerned, you did not listen to a certain Vladimir Putin making a long speech in which he thought it did not have a right to exist? That is not linked to invading the place?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The The city of Skadovsk fell to the Russian military without a fight reports the unit who now controls the administration and the local police department.

RocketMan

Country flag
again 100 tons is peanuts

and just see the time it will take funkin 7 months :dude: just for going there.

see this video, you will get some idea

Go and study some Orbital mechanics & learn about " tyranny of the rocket equation". Rockets do not just move through space at constant speed to a planet . It has to flip n burn to decelerate & match the orbital velocity of the destination planet . Chemical rockets are High thrust low specific impulse drives . Ion drives have high specific impulse but low thrust ( ~ few milligees ) . Fusion drives are not feasible yet . Only Orion nuclear pulse propulsion is a tech within our knowledge which can qualify as a Torchship . But again anti-nuclear lobby idiots banned it way back.

images (2).jpeg

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Go and study some Orbital mechanics & learn about " tyranny of the rocket equation". Rockets do not just move through space at constant speed to a planet . It has to flip n burn to decelerate & match the orbital velocity of the destination planet . Chemical rockets are High thrust low specific impulse drives . Ion drives have high specific impulse but low thrust ( ~ few milligees ) . Fusion drives are not feasible yet . Only Orion nuclear pulse propulsion is a tech within our knowledge which can qualify as a Torchship .

View attachment 143025
why should I, I know this thing :notsure:

btw, the pic has pulsed engine not torch drive :tongue2:.

there is difference bw torchdrives and pulsed engine

Spitfire9

Country flag
The mud will come soon, bogging vehicles down. Nothing will be able to move much except on roads.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles