Rafale F4 Order

The Maverick

Country flag
Guys
IMO its only a matter of time before ACM of indian air force persuades DOD tpo order a second batch of Rafale Fighters

I am going to give reasons below

1. Our infrastructure is geared to accomadating 4 squadrons at 2 bases. we only have 2 sqds by 2022
2. Rafale will be needed to answer J20 threat which is growing year in year out
3. The $15 billion dollars for MMRCA 2.0 will be quietly cancelled leaving us $15 billion richer
4. India brought SU30MKI in batches over 14 years Rafale will go the same but smaller numbers
5. France is pushing india to but the F4 rafale
6. ACM Bhaduria is in France late April to discuss defense anf F4 assessment is on the Agenda

In short i expect new batch f 36 -40 fighers ordered by 2024 delivery starting 2027

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Guys
IMO its only a matter of time before ACM of indian air force persuades DOD tpo order a second batch of Rafale Fighters

1. Our infrastructure is geared to accomadating 4 squadrons at 2 bases. we only have 2 sqds by 2022
3. The $15 billion dollars for MMRCA 2.0 will be quietly cancelled leaving us $15 billion richer
4. India brought SU30MKI in batches over 14 years Rafale will go the same but smaller numbers
6. ACM Bhaduria is in France late April to discuss defense anf F4 assessment is on the Agenda

In short i expect new batch f 36 -40 fighers ordered by 2024 delivery starting 2027
Why is f4 rafale special

MonaLazy

Details on the F4 standard here:

• The F4 standard marks a new step coming in the wake of the standards F1 (specific to the first aircraft of the French Navy), F2 (air-to-ground and air-to-air capabilities), F3 and F3R (extended versatility).
  • Innovative connectivity solutions to optimize the effectiveness of our aircraft in networked combat
  • new satellite and intra-patrol links
  • communication server
  • software defined radio
  • upgrades to the radar sensors and front sector optronics, helmet-mounted display capabilities
  • new weapons will be integrated (Mica NG air-to-air missile and 1,000-kg AASM Air-to-Ground Modular Weapon)
  • with regard to availability, we are working under a through-life support contract which will become more “top-down” under the authority of the aircraft manufacturer. F4 will include a new Prognosis and Diagnostic Aid System introducing predictive maintenance capabilities.
  • Other maintenance optimization features are scheduled, particularly with solutions based on Big Data and artificial intelligence.
  • the Rafale will be equipped with a new engine control unit.
ABOUT THE RAFALE
The only totally “omnirole” aircraft in the world, able to operate from a land base or an aircraft carrier, capable of carrying 1.5 times its weight in weapons and fuel, the Rafale has been designed to perform the full spectrum of combat aircraft missions:

• Interception and air-to-air combat using a 30-mm gun, Mica IR/EM missiles and Meteor missiles.
  • Close air support using a 30-mm gun, GBU laser-guided bombs and AASM GPS-guided bombs.
  • Deep strike using Scalp-Storm Shadow cruise missiles.
  • Maritime strike using the Exocet AM39 Block 2 missile and other air-to-surface weapons.
  • Real-time tactical and strategic reconnaissance using the Areos pod.
  • Buddy-buddy in-flight refueling
  • Nuclear deterrence using the ASMP-A missile.
The Rafale entered service with the French Navy in 2004 and with the French Air Force in 2006, gradually replacing the seven types of previous-generation combat aircraft. It has proven itself in external operations in various theatres: Afghanistan, Libya, Mali, Iraq and Syria. Of the 180 aircraft ordered by France to date, 152 have been delivered. The Rafale fleet currently totals almost 270,000 flight hours, including 40,000 in operations. A total of 96 Rafale aircraft have been ordered by Egypt, Qatar and India.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Vamsi

Country flag

Will there be a reorder of Rafale ?

Also, congi ecosystem in France is babbling about Rafale again..

Which country do you all think is lobbying against Rafale ? Sweden or US ? My guess is Sweden

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
Guys

It should go like this
36+ 46 + 36 + 12....

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

Will there be a reorder of Rafale ?

Also, congi ecosystem in France is babbling about Rafale again..
Let them babble, when people die they tend to say many things.
Congis are dying , supreme court has given rahool gandu enough embarrassment.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Guys

When we decided to go for air raid in Balakot, the natural choice of IAF was 4 decade old Mirage 2000. This is the strength of France made weapons. Highly reliable and long lasting. They are the best in Electronics.
The most important part is that we have paid a big amount in updating current systems to India specific systems. Updating Spectra active cancelation codes etc. is a one time payment which we shall not have to pay again. So we must go for Rafale only unless we Zero our choice on any fifth Generation plane (I do not consider J 20 fifth generation) like F35. Buying Rafale will give India an edge over our enemies for next few decades for sure.

The Maverick

Country flag
I really hope and pray we order the second batch asap..
if nothing else to see the reaction of our Pakistani friends next door.
of course,in my eyes,it's the best multi role fighter in the world in late 4th generation category.
the only plane I would ever buy ahead of Rafale,is the f22 raptor.
everything else is second to Rafale in my eyes

MonaLazy

if nothing else to see the reaction of our Pakistani friends next door.
We will just order 30 more J-10s.. right after we borrow for the first 30.. after we borrow to return Saudi/UAE/Chinese loan.. after we borrow to pay off circular debt.. after we borrow to pay for Main Line-1 and other failing CPEC projects.. after we can loan some cotton yarn and sugar from someone on deferred payments.. after we beg some vaccines.. after I can borrow some to bring home a tomato and an apple for the week..

Gawwwd! it's tough being a Pakistani..

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Akula

Country flag
Guys

If someone had brains back in 2012, than they could have ordered Rafale's first batch and in period of 3-4 years we could have ordered second batch.

Global Defence

Articles