Project P15B Visakhapatnam class destroyer

abingdonboy

Country flag
Because most of its works were done by a private shipyard in Gujarat and later transferred it to MDL, means MDL now outsourcing some work. I guess navy also want it as early as possible to withdraw old Kashins from frontline. Similarly Garden reach shipbuilders also outsourced Nilgiri program work to L&T reduce time.
I hope L&T can start winning some major ship orders outright, it’s sad that all they’ve had till now is some OPVs for the coastguard. If they get the scale to grow they can surely become one of Asia’s premier commercial ship makers.

fingers crossed that P-18 or a P-17B(if it happens) would allow for private yards to get full order privileges. The hand holding of public shipyards has to end, like every other PSU it’s time to perform or perish.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I hope L&T can start winning some major ship orders outright, it’s sad that all they’ve had till now is some OPVs for the coastguard. If they get the scale to grow they can surely become one of Asia’s premier commercial ship makers.

fingers crossed that P-18 or a P-17B(if it happens) would allow for private yards to get full order privileges. The hand holding of public shipyards has to end, like every other PSU it’s time to perform or perish.
i heard to win large govt contracts, there is an escalating ladder to qualify for large contracts. for example they have to compete and win in 1000 crore, 3000 crore to get to 5000 crore and above contracts.

flanker99

Country flag

Last few years have been dry lot of contracts are pending....support ships,ngmv,ngopv etc
Lot of ship building capacity lying idle...tho i think shipyards shouldn't just rely on navy for major orders

Dharani

Country flag
Last few years have been dry lot of contracts are pending....support ships,ngmv,ngopv etc
Lot of ship building capacity lying idle...tho i think shipyards shouldn't just rely on navy for major orders
L&T already exports ships, but until they make a large naval warship for IN, export orders will be hard to come by. One destroyer class order will change their fortunes. They already build sub-systems for these ships & run SBC Vizag. For the suvey vessel class, they have launched the hull much faster than GRSE (18 vs 24).

flanker99

Country flag
L&T already exports ships, but until they make a large naval warship for IN, export orders will be hard to come by. One destroyer class order will change their fortunes. They already build sub-systems for these ships & run SBC Vizag. For the suvey vessel class, they have launched the hull much faster than GRSE (18 vs 24).
best they will get anytime sson is opv's or maybe corvettes(this to very unlikely)....ddg/ffg no chance ..we need to order dozens of ships per class for that to happen

swapcv

Country flag
GoI and especially MoD is very provincial when it comes to handing out Shipbuilding contracts. It will prefer PSU's over Private players by default. Also, every PSU has its own expertise in building a particular type of warship which we can see in the form of Mazgaon being the premier site for building Large Surface Combatants (Destroyers, Frigates), GRSE for OPV's,Corvette's and now Frigates, CSL for Capital Ships and Small Combatants ( Carriers, Missile Boats and hopefully in the future LPH/LPD's) and HSL for its future AOR/AKE Ships. In such an environment Private players are mostly hard pressed and usually awarded either spillover contracts or contracts to supply the above 3 Major PSU Shipyards with pre-fab modules only. Btw, L&T is already in business as they collaborate with GRSE.

Super falcon

Country flag
Still no justification to spam "nice pic dear" type comments on every thread.

Hope you get what I'm saying.
I understood but you believe it or not I my self rate vishalapatnam destroyers very high because they are the best to counter Chinese destroyers seen indian naval video on them you think I'm spamming but it is not there is a difference between perspective on someone and in reality things are different

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I understood but you believe it or not I my self rate vishalapatnam destroyers very high because they are the best to counter Chinese destroyers seen indian naval video on them
That's not a relevant response.
you think I'm spamming but it is not there is a difference between perspective on someone and in reality things are different
If you reply for the sake of replying, you are spamming. You shouldn't be posting mediocre content which has been discussed to death.

Most members here have extensive knowledge of military systems. But you aren't their reflection at all, are going too basic.

Super falcon

Country flag
That's not a relevant response.

If you reply for the sake of replying, you are spamming. You shouldn't be posting mediocre content which has been discussed to death.

Most members here have extensive knowledge of military systems. But you aren't their reflection at all, are going too basic.
Tell me what knowledge you want I'm in this since 1998 and as far as if I'm not wrong you might not have any knowledge by than on weapons sorry to say you are pretending but you don't have any proof that I don't have knowledge having a knowledge is not enough sharing it no one above any one in knowledge

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Tell me what knowledge you want I'm in this since 1998 and as far as if I'm not wrong you might not have any knowledge by than on weapons sorry to say you are pretending but you don't have any proof that I don't have knowledge having a knowledge is not enough sharing it no one above any one in knowledge
What's your age bro? :lol:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles