Project-75I class SSK Submarines

Bheeshma

Instead of wasting time on Souryu which is made to cater to JMSDF needs and has no VLS and cannot fire brahmos or klub. I would rather design 75I based on scorpene with a DRDO AIP plug in and VLS for brahmos-M & Nirbhay.

kurup

Country flag
Instead of wasting time on Souryu which is made to cater to JMSDF needs and has no VLS and cannot fire brahmos or klub. I would rather design 75I based on scorpene with a DRDO AIP plug in and VLS for brahmos-M & Nirbhay.
Not possible for Scorpene to accommodate Brahmos in VLS ..... Nirbhay is Possible .

Length

Brahmos = 8.4 m

Nirbhay = 6m

PaliwalWarrior

Military and technical cooperation between India and Japan could be promising - News - Society - Russian Radio

India might show interest in Japan's naval developments. All classes of ships, including aircraft carriers could be built at Japanese shipyards. Most likely, Japan will participate in the forthcoming Indian tender for non-atomic submarines of the Project 711. At present, the Soryu Class diesel-electric submarine is the world's best. It is equipped with advanced electronic systems capable of covering the undersea and over sea situation. These submarines are adapted to carry out military missions in shallow water areas, as well as in deep oceans. This is very important for India as these submarines could be equipped with BrahMos missiles.
why do you advocate building ships in japan

when we are dying to allow our pvt shipyards to take up that activity ?

Bheeshma

India Japan cooperation is more about economy than defence. US-2 is simply SAR craft which may carry a few ASW equipments. I don't expect anything on defence or nuclear accord.

Kranthi

Na I didn't say that.. Its in the article..

The article says India is interested in the Naval developments of Japan. I think the author meant that Japan has the tech to build any kind of ship, which India can learn from Japan by buying japanese vessels..

akshay m

i suppose dcnc will offer something similar for project 75i

Navy Recognition learned that DCNS will introduce a new submarine concept at Euronaval 2014 which be held from October 27th to 31st at Paris Le Bourget in France.

The SMX OCEAN is based on a Barracuda hull, the next generation SSN of the French Navy, fitted with a conventional propulsion system (SSK) with AIP technology.The focus of DCNS engineers in developing this concept was put on endurance and high sustained speed. We learned that the 4,700 tons SSK was designed for an endurance of 14,000 nautical miles (3 months autonomy) and a continuous transit speed of 14 knots for 1 week thanks to its Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) system fitted with two fuel cells. The original nuclear propulsion system of the Barracuda design was also replaced with six diesel engines and three sets of Li Ion batteries.

Two thruster pods are deployable at the bottom of the hull to allow the submarine to maneuver while the main screw is not in action (full stop). The X rudder design is the same as on the Barracuda and allows increased maneuverability.The SMX OCEAN SSK is fitted with one large modular VLS tube that may launch up to six MdCN vertically (much like the Virginia payload module developed by GDEB for the US Navy's Virginia class of SSN). The submarine may also deploy F21 heavy torpedoes, SM39 Block 2 anti-ship missiles and a submarine launched version of the Mica missile (A3SM Underwater Vehicle Version) for self protection against air threats.

Finally a DCNS representative told Navy Recognition that the SMX OCEAN may deploy and recover a new UUV DCNS is working on, as well as deploy a UAV acting as remote sensor for intelligence gathering.

Last edited:

JBH22

Na I didn't say that.. Its in the article..

The article says India is interested in the Naval developments of Japan. I think the author meant that Japan has the tech to build any kind of ship, which India can learn from Japan by buying japanese vessels..
Wrong. Indian shipyards should learn from Korean shipyards on how meeting deadlines and tech.

Zebra

Country flag

Then for whom we are waiting for?

Let them build a hull of a diesel electric submarine and fit DRDO's AIP in it.

All other electronics stuff, let them make it in India as per our requirements with the help of Japan.

And all these has nothing to do with project 75I.

Keep it like.......project 75 (SSK)+ project 75I (SSK)+ Indian designed and build all SSKs.

Zebra

Country flag

Six hulls are already there for project 75 SSK.

Would you like to give it a go, as you said, 'when we are dying to allow our pvt shipyards to take up that activity'.

DRDO will be more than happy to supply their AIPs.

PaliwalWarrior

Six hulls are already there for project 75 SSK.

Would you like to give it a go, as you said, 'when we are dying to allow our pvt shipyards to take up that activity'.

DRDO will be more than happy to supply their AIPs.

of course give them to pvt yards

pmaitra

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I feel L&T has a good chance to win the P75I lottery, they have spare capacity lying idle and can possibly modify the arihant hull design into a large ssk easily. L&T should be able to offer on time delivery as well.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas @Ray Sir

The orders that came out yesterday are still 1-2 years away from actually starting...are we gonna build more than 1 at a time I mean parallel....
If Yes how many? At a time .... they are planning to choose 4 PSU or 3 private why the numbers change?
There are still few subs in process/manufacturing being built what about them can delays in that effect this also?

and whats the role of Midget Subs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles