Prahaar Short Range Tactical Missile System

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
What is the big deal about a few days, good way to throw off all the fence sitters.

sayareakd

Country flag
What is the big deal about a few days, good way to throw off all the fence sitters.
yeah lot of satellite are pointing to that area from US, China and possibly feed begging request from Pakistan, but weather is bad so their satellite pic or video.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
These tests should not even be made public. Report the news after the fact.

sayareakd

Country flag
LF i just want to see more and more Prithvi missile test, as many as possible, if they test one missile every month not bad, it is old missile and we have so many of them, each time it is tested just think some new system has been tested.

sathya

no chance, the cloud will get cleared by tomorrow morning....

will see..

plugwater

I read somewhere that it will be tested next year, probably in Jan. It appears they are not taking any chances with this new missile.
Saya, I think they are being way too cautious. We planned to finish phase 1 by 2012 but they have not even tested the main interceptor.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Antony pushing DRDO to test A-5 year itself so we can see them testing it this year.
yeah but I would prefer testing the missile only if the DRDO itself is confident enough to test it. The first test is the most important one psychologically and we should get it right. Few months delay wont make or break it. My opinion.

plugwater

yeah but I would prefer testing the missile only if the DRDO itself is confident enough to test it. The first test is the most important one psychologically and we should get it right. Few months delay wont make or break it. My opinion.
Its not that risky IMO. It is just a three stage A-3, we can add MIRV later.

plugwater

The Prahaar test-firing is scheduled for tomorrow morning, weather permitting.

Livefist

KS

Bye bye DFI
Its not that risky IMO. It is just a three stage A-3, we can add MIRV later.
You make it sound so easy as snatching a candy from a child :lol:

plugwater

You make it sound so easy as snatching a candy from a child :lol:
We tested A-3 with 2500 kg payload for 3500 km and how difficult its going to be to make a missile with an extra stage, 5500km range and 1500kg payload ?

nrj

Country flag
MIRV may not surface in first A5 test anyways.

@Prahaar

Bad weather or logistical co-ordination can be the reason behind postponing.

Waiting for tomorrow, again.

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
drdo is bunch of fools

i means crap they first should test then they can sing there song but one more time they proved them self a crap

sayareakd

Country flag
Saya, I think they are being way too cautious. We planned to finish phase 1 by 2012 but they have not even tested the main interceptor.
that is true, you see most of the system are already tested in PAD, but due to fins in Prithvi modified (PAD) it is not possible to have more then one missile on the launcher. I hope that something like 4 missile per launcher is ideal for PDV, whereas for AAD it will have 6 missile per launcher.

now the seeker, and other things have been already tested on PAD, DRDO need to test new missile , but the way they are doing it, it appears that they dont want to take any chances for this project. It will be very interesting missile. I am waiting for its launch. Pics of the launcher i have already posted.

Articles